August 29, 2014 | 1869 users online

Cleansers - Vichy - Calming Cleansing Solution

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by LindsAllie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow. Love. This stuff is really fantastic, and surprisingly cheap for what it is. Like other reviewers have mentioned, hard water is a major problem for my sensitive skin -- when the water is on the hard end of the spectrum, it makes my skin break out and produce sebum like none other. Even water that's not ridiculously hard dries me out with a mild cleanser, and with soft water, keeping my skin exfoliated and clean of makeup/cleanser/whatever else got on it during the day is equally problematic.

Enter this Vichy calming 'solution', which is actually probably the best name for it (not water-like, or a gel, or a milk...). It's quite fantastic. When my skin is misbehaving, I refuse to cleanse it with anything other than this. Expensive? I suppose it could be, depending on what your definition of expensive is, but for a $16 bottle that lasts for at least six weeks even with very frequent use, I think it's pretty reasonable, particularly when it's able to get my skin to behave when nothing else well. Definite repurchase for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Jeki

Was looking for something gentle that would remove makeup and leave my face feeling clean and refreshed. I have acne-prone skin, combination dry-greasy in certain areas, and use spectro gel as my main cleanser but it doesn't get all the makeup off. This product is amazing. You don't have to rinse it off if you don't want to and it always leaves a fresh, clean feeling on my skin afterwards. It gets all my makeup off, except if I'm wearing tons of waterproof eyeliner then I have to wipe a couple of times with a cotton pad. Otherwise, one or two wipes does the trick. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by sheena814

I love this product!! its so easy to take off my make up with just a cotton pad instead of a wash. It is very gentle and my face feels so fresh after. As for the price, it is only $ 14 at CVS so i think that is pretty resonable for a cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by jessiko1012

I absolutely LOVE this product! I have been using it for 3 years now to remove my make-up and it works like a charm! It leaves my skin feeling clean, but I still always follow up with a regular cleanser still, as I am paranoid like that! It removes all foundation and eye make up quite nicely. You just let a saturated cotton pad sit on your eyelid for a couple seconds and eye make-up just comes right off! I prefer this over the oily formulas out there...!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2009 6:56:00 AM More reviews by jasmine5628

i first brought this product to remove my eye makeup because it says its for sensitive eyes it removed all my makeup really well. soon i started using it to remove makeup from all over my face and i'm talking about heavy makeup concealer foundation the whole deal and i was very very impressed with this product it removed all my face makeup now even when i don't have any makeup on i use it instead of a face wash. my face after using it feels fresh and devoid of all dirt and impurities it's a good substitute to a face wash a must in my cabinet.the best part is its alcohol and soapfree so its good for sensitive skin. i does what it is supposed to do. if your skin is dry skip this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my go-to cleanser right now. I was using a stronger Avene product for a year or more that worked great but just got to be too drying when this winter started. I looked around in my cabinet and found this and gave it a try and have never looked back. It keeps my finicky skin happy -- at least for the moment! UPDATE 10/11: They changed the formula on this. Why do companies do that? It doesn't work for me anymore. Also, my skin is getting even drier than it was so I've moved on to the Cerave hydrating cleanser. I sure miss the ease of not having to get my face wet though! I'm dropping this down a lippie since it might still work okay for someone who's not as dry as I am.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Nyr

This worked pretty well at first when I bought it.
My skin doesn't like many cleansers so I thought this would work fine.
After a while it did make my skin go dry on my oily zone.. very strange.
It doesn't really cleanse that well and leaves this film over your face. I find it drying at time and this coming from someone with oily skin.
Overall not that bad but for dry skin I'd go with a cleansing milk.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2008 6:56:00 PM More reviews by fannyfarmer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the ONLY MAKEUP REMOVER that has ever worked for me. It came highly recommended by a Vichy Product rep and she was NOT KIDDING. You simply squirt a small amount on a premium cotton round, and wipe gently. EVEN MASCARA comes right off, gently, no residue, no oil, no burning or stinging. It is a MARVELLOUS product and I am sold for life. You do not even have to wash your face afterward - it is that thorough, gentle and complete. It is formulated with soothing and mineral rich Vichy Thermal Spa water and it shows. It acts like water and just wipes the makeup off. Perfect for when I come home from work and just want to remove my heavy makeup without doing a thorough deep cleansing. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by chococakehk

I finally finished this bottle, I only used it to remove my make up. I have sensitive skin, oily t zone ( don't you hate that)

I prefer Bioderma over this as Vichy still can cause allergies when weather is cooler. It can dry my skin whereas Bioderma would not.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by lindzmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i never thought that the use of water on my face could be making it dry/irritated/sensitive/red. i assumed it was my products/hormones/allergies/change of skin/ or something else until i spoke with a skin care rep who said to try using a water free cleanser as it could be my harsch water that irritates it. not eager to run out on this "wierd" advice I stuck with my prescriptives sensitive cleanser and continued to suffer......months later i ran into the vichy line at CVS where i saw the sensitive calming cleansing solution. it looked liked a toner to me, but after reading it was for dry/sensitive skin i thought i'd give it a whirl. I have been using it for about 2 weeks and cannot believe my eyes. I usually am very irritated after washing my face but after using this my skin is calm and soothed..no redness...my dry patches have literally faded before my eyes in the past 14 days...and to the contrary of what i thought of non-water cleansers...my skin feels cleaner than ever. It does take quite a few cotton swabs to clean my whole face, it is well worth it. this is the best cleanser i have found ever...my HG...i thought for the past year that i was possibly suffering from rosacea..and this simple change of step has saved my skin..absolutely worth the 18$ it costs for the bottle if you are at all dry/irritated/red/sensitive.