December 18, 2014 | 1681 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Dark

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by nudibelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Perfect for what ive been looking for.. i dont wear foundation , i just needed somethin to even out my makeup simple, nothin cakey. Ive used stay honey sheer pressed powder by clinique for a long time and wanted to try something new, ive been buyin alot of mac products lately an wanted to give it a try, the MA suggested this and used it on me an it was absolutely perfect..there is no ashyness or cakey look , took shine away from my nose, only place i really get oily..i was perfect for my complexion i have a a lil unevenness in my cheek an even though its sheer, it pretty much evened me out which is perfect! one of me HG products!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by IslandLover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm NW35-NC42 and I find the Dark blot powder works great for me. I used up two of these compacts with no complaints and decided to try some other "blot" or "oil-control" powders just to see what else was out there. What I discovered was how much I truly love my MAC blot powder. For me, it doesn't leave an ashy cast, it immediately removes shine without disturbing the rest of my make-up, and it doesn't clog my pores. Also, I remain shine-free for another 2-3 hours which is a big deal for me as my skin can be extremely oily. Also, for the amount of product you get, the price is absolutely worth it. I like to use a stippling brush to apply this over my face and occasionally spray fix+ to set everything. I do apply the blot powder on its own as well and I haven't experienced any "cakiness" that other reviewers have noticed. All in all a great everyday touch up powder. Will definitely continue to repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Scarlet1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used this for years in place of loose powder. It doesn't make me look ill or ashy. I apply it once a day and it lasts all day. Sets my makeup and tones the foundation to a nice shade that looks natural and healthy. Love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by SareenaS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my HG product, I cant believe I didnt find out about this sooner. I have been cursed with dark circles and where concealer every day. No matter what concealer I used, I still got that greyish discoloration under my eyes. I went to MAC to find a concealer and the make up blotted this powder over my concealer and voila! my undereyes had that perfect natural look. No matter what concealer I pair this with, I get that flawless coverage, then I lightly dust some powder over it to set it in. This a must have for anyone who wears concealer under their foundation/powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Lovingthrill

This is the only thing that keeps my oil in check and doesn't make me look ashy. It completes my makeup in the morning. I prefer to use a brush with this so I must find a nice travel size brush. I will buy this again and again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by jing116

it is unfortunate that i didnt discover this sooner. This product is perfect for me! I have always had oily t-zone, especially my nose. I used to use blotting paper but they didnt work that well, plus i had to retouch ever hour or so. My nose could be so shiny it looks wet, its embarassing! With this, my nose stays completely shinefree for at least 4hrs. Totally transparent even tho the powder is coloured. Doesnt clog pores. Natural & easy. It really works!! I dont like MAC but this is my absolute fav product and i cannot live without it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by mu5icbtch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this. I apply it over my MAC studio moisture tint and it keeps me oil-free for a good amount of time. I have combo skin (oily t-zone, normal cheeks) and usually oil quickly, but with this, I only have to blot ONCE throughout my long college day with a sheet of blot paper and that's it. No touch ups, no nothing. It doesn't give me an unnatural looking matte finish, doesn't look cakey or heavy....and best of all - it doesn't break me out! The ingredients are great at absorbing excess oil.

I'm an NC40 and dark suits me very well, it only deposits 15% colour or so. I like the packaging and the mirror include, but be really careful if you're carrying this around in your bag or something...it shatters VERY easily!

Quite expensive (16 eeeekkk) but lasts a long time and does its job effectively. I really like this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2009 3:31:00 AM More reviews by cutieanik

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Over the years, I have been on the hunt for something to control the oil on my nose. I have normal skin, no acne, but my nose loves to shine :) I finally discovered blot powder and love it. I am on my second one now. It is great to use for touch-ups throughout the day without looking cakey.

I took one lippie off because I tried using this for my whole face, on the days I don't want to wear foundation, and I would just look gray.

Other than that, I love this and will continue to use this for my nose!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2009 8:50:00 AM More reviews by rayqueenbee

I bought this because I have extremely oily t-zones and I live where the weather is extremely humid especially in the summers. This is good but not the greatest. It helps to control my oiliness and shine after 2-3 hrs of my makeup application. I sometimes used as a powder over my liquid foundation but I always have to reapply within 3 hrs because it controls my oiliness for about 3hrs or so. A very good product to have when you have oily skin but it still doesn't do the job to the entirety that I want and I'm looking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 8:05:00 AM More reviews by valeriebelien

I always use it, especially in the summer because I tend to have oily skin, it takes away all the oilyness without looking cakey, it also stays throughout the day.