August 28, 2014 | 1461 users online

Shampoo - Neutrogena - Anti-Residue Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by BrittaniElizabeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It is so ironic that this acutally popped up on my home page as one of the top things people were talking about and reviewing because I was JUST thinking about going on some website and highly recommending this product when I bought it a few weeks ago.

I have very thick, oily, hair and sometimes I feel like I have to wash it 2 maybe even 3 times to get it to feel "clean" and "soft" and just a little bit of this shampoo takes care of that. It is definitely awesome!! It literally gets your scalp "squeaky clean". I love, love, LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by briekeller

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

after having a sudden onset of oiliness/product buildup in my hair for a few weeks and not knowing what the problem was, i finally decided to google it. this shampoo was suggested by someone who said they had the same issue and they absolutely swore by it. so i went to target and hunted for it. it's a pretty small bottle so you may have to look like i did. this stuff is absolutely amazing. my hair hadn't been that soft and clean for two or three weeks. it is safe to say that i will be keeping this around in my shower for a very long time. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by nellieter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I cannot say enough good things about this shampoo. I hate hate hate build up. I have honey colored/dirtyish blonde hair and so if there is build up it dulls my color.

I use this shampoo once or twice a week (and have been for many years), and my hair looks bright and clean. It sucks all of the oil and residue out. I just put a generous amount in my hair and leave it in for a minute or so and then rinse, and voila! clean, build up-free hair.

For me, there are no cons. The smell is distinctive but not too strong or unpleasant. It doesn't dry out my hair no matter how frequently I use it (I've used it daily at some points in my life). My hair is pretty thick and healthy and naturally sort of oily, so it is possible on thinner hair it would be drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by classicbelle

love it

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by 4runnergirl

This is my absolute one true HG.

And this is coming from someone who has used just about every clarifying/anti residue/deep cleanse shampoo there is. This stuff is gold in a bottle.

If you're blonde, wether natural or not, you must use this shampoo. It will make your hair look the most amazing it ever has. It gets rid of all the gunk that is built up in your hair over time from shampoos and other products. After using, my fine, thing hair is weightless and full of body and life. It makes my hair shinier and more vivid than ever. I use it twice a week (i have an extremely oily scalp) and it keeps all the yuckies away. If you don't have an oily scalp, i'd use it once a week because it can be very drying. Be sure to deep condition as well. And for 5 dollars? This is a steal. It's simply the best.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

I can't tell if this makes a difference in my hair! I use it every 1-2 weeks. If anything it makes my hair feel more rough and tangly.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by QAlice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using it for more then 10 years as a weekly deep-clean shampoo, since a little goes a long way, a bottle would last at least a year and a half. Personally I don't find the scent too chemically. It's a simply great product and I highly recommend for everyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

This is great as an occasional de-gunkifier. I always make sure to condition well after though, as I think it can be a bit drying. Since I only use it maybe once every two weeks or so, the bottle has lasted forever. Bonus is that it smells awesome--clean but in a more earthy than perfumey way.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by kelsey1219

Without a doubt, my *hg* shampoo. I have lake water, so I use this shampoo daily. It lathers beautifully, and removes any residual styling product/natural oils from the day. This shampoo was recommended to me by my hair stylist as a way to keep my highlighted hair fresh and bright, and I fell in love with it immediately. I would definitely recommend this product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

My scalp is dry and sensitive and my hair is dry, short, curly, and color-treated. This clear shampoo is a strong clarifier, so I diluted it with an equal amount of distilled water. It lathers well and is just as effective as a clarifier as using it full strength. However, it leaves my hair feeling over-dried, so I switched to Alberto VO-5 Clarifying Shampoo, which I can use full strength and doesn't overdry my hair.
Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo is a great clarifier, whether used full strength or diluted. It's just not for dry hair and scalps.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No