December 18, 2014 | 819 users online

Shampoo - Neutrogena - Anti-Residue Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by sootiec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have thick, long hair that I have been obsessed with keeping nourished for years. I fell in love with thick argan oils, heavy conditioners and hydrating hair masks years ago and have been using them to combat split ends and keep my huge mane tame.

Lately I've been noticing the damage all these heavy products had been doing to my hair. Expensive hair oils stopped working, my hair was greasy by the second day, dry shampoo made my gritty and heavy. I decided to try the Neutrogena clarifying shampoo because I was skeptical of clarifying shampoos and didnt want to splurge on something like the B & B Sunday shampoo.

these reviews have said it all already. I noticed results immediately upon towel drying my hair. While it felt dry after rinsing in the tub, once semi-dry my hair felt incredibly light weight and just so... clean. no other way to say it. This is definitely becoming part of my weekly pamper session!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Yashuragi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The BEST clarifying shampoo! It literally saved my hair!

One incident a few years ago, I ran out of my favourite Nexxus shampoo and did not have a spare bottle at hand. I borrowed my brother's Head and Shoulder's shampoo and it coated disgusting white slime over my hair that would not rinse off. I would catch a pile of white goo in my hand whenever I touched my hair. Ew.

I first saw the Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo through one of Julia Graf's (MissChievous) videos. She raved about how it helped her mom's greasy and product-filled hair. I was utterly desperate to get my hair clean, so I picked up a bottle at the nearest drug store.

I immediately took a shower and washed my hair with this shampoo. I lathered and rinsed twice. All the gunk from the crappy Head & Shoulder's shampoo was gone! I was utterly happy and relieved.

This is now a huge staple in my collection of hair care products. I use it once a week for nice, healthy clean hair.
I shudder to think that my hair was not really clean until I found this shampoo.

I also express my utmost thanks to Julia. I don't watch her videos or follow her channel anymore, but I am eternally grateful to her for introducing me to this gem.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Carlysmilesx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good - even for the price. Amazing shampoo for once a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by cavo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love what this shampoo does for my hair, but the amount of product you get makes it too pricey. Not sure if I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by MES

I have fine dry hair that can be unmanageable at times. Despite having fine hair I usually use heavy conditioner and an argan oil treatment on my hair because it often tangles up and becomes almost impossible to brush/comb. Sometimes even with said products my hair is still tangled or will have random poufy sections that no product on earth can tame. I would have never used a deep cleaning or clarifying shampoo in my wildest dreams as I feared it would suck the life out of my hair and leave it a parched, tangled, poufy mess.

I applied a generous amount of this to my shoulder length hair and worked it into a really good lather waited a minute or two and rinsed. Yes my hair felt dry initially, but I resisted the urge to apply any conditioner or oil after. Out of the shower my hair looked like a mess, I toweled dried it and still I feared my hair was going to look like I stuck my finger in a light socket. I used a wide toothed detangling comb and while there was some tangling they combed out pretty easy without out much resistance, tugging, or ripping. I was happily surprised allowed my hair to air dry.

I am in shock my hair looks great sans heavy conditioner or oil. I've been using heavy moisturizing product religiously since my early teens never realizing these products were causing buildup that made my hair worse. My hair is soft, shiny, and clean. I really have to thank the hair board for explaining why I needed clarifying shampoo. I always thought it was for people who had oily hair or those who used a lot of mousse, gel, or hair spray. This really has me thinking my entire hair care routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by jwalk839

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great clarifying shampoo. I use it once a week to remove hard water build up as well as product build up on my scalp. My hair feels lighter and super clean after using it. It does have kind of a harsh smell...I can't really put my finger on it. Kind of like a harsh shampoo chemical smell? But, as a once a week shampoo, I can deal with the smell. The price is reasonable and it leaves my hair feeling free of build-up and product residue. The ONLY reason why I may not repurchase this is just to experiment with other clarifying shampoos and see what is out there but this shampoo is awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by veelui

i hardly ever style my hair, so there is hardly any product buildup in my hair, however, i still bought this because i felt like my shampoos were weighing my hair down and especially during winter months my hair feels like straw bc of split ends, so i started to use mask hair conditioner, and while it did help soften my hair, i felt like my hair's natural shine was slowly vanishing, but after using this as directed for the last month, my hair seems to be shiny again :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm so glad this has remained a fixture on drugstore shelves. I first used it eons ago, when I was in my teens, but over time I'd 'outgrown' it, trying other products along the way, forgetting about this little gem and spending way too much on clarifying shampoos that worked just the same, or sometimes not as well. Recently frustrated with the lack of body and shine in my hair, I was browsing the shelves in Walgreens and I came across this classic and happily tossed it into my basket. Once again, I'm happily sudsing up weekly with this clean-smelling, easy-rinsing, gunk-removing shampoo. Love it. I'll not abandon it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by ldtef002

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is really amazing. It cleans residue away from hair and scalp religiously. The smell is tolerable. As soon as I wash this product out of my hair, I feel an instant lift and plump. If you do use this product, follow with a moisturizing conditioner. I use this shampoo once weekly, normally on a Sunday to get the week's product buildup out of my hair. Definitely recommend this for a clarifying, thickening shampoo. The price is decent as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by BrittaniElizabeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It is so ironic that this acutally popped up on my home page as one of the top things people were talking about and reviewing because I was JUST thinking about going on some website and highly recommending this product when I bought it a few weeks ago.

I have very thick, oily, hair and sometimes I feel like I have to wash it 2 maybe even 3 times to get it to feel "clean" and "soft" and just a little bit of this shampoo takes care of that. It is definitely awesome!! It literally gets your scalp "squeaky clean". I love, love, LOVE it.