October 21, 2014 | 1866 users online

Shampoo - Neutrogena - Anti-Residue Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by MES

I have fine dry hair that can be unmanageable at times. Despite having fine hair I usually use heavy conditioner and an argan oil treatment on my hair because it often tangles up and becomes almost impossible to brush/comb. Sometimes even with said products my hair is still tangled or will have random poufy sections that no product on earth can tame. I would have never used a deep cleaning or clarifying shampoo in my wildest dreams as I feared it would suck the life out of my hair and leave it a parched, tangled, poufy mess.

I applied a generous amount of this to my shoulder length hair and worked it into a really good lather waited a minute or two and rinsed. Yes my hair felt dry initially, but I resisted the urge to apply any conditioner or oil after. Out of the shower my hair looked like a mess, I toweled dried it and still I feared my hair was going to look like I stuck my finger in a light socket. I used a wide toothed detangling comb and while there was some tangling they combed out pretty easy without out much resistance, tugging, or ripping. I was happily surprised allowed my hair to air dry.

I am in shock my hair looks great sans heavy conditioner or oil. I've been using heavy moisturizing product religiously since my early teens never realizing these products were causing buildup that made my hair worse. My hair is soft, shiny, and clean. I really have to thank the hair board for explaining why I needed clarifying shampoo. I always thought it was for people who had oily hair or those who used a lot of mousse, gel, or hair spray. This really has me thinking my entire hair care routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by jwalk839

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great clarifying shampoo. I use it once a week to remove hard water build up as well as product build up on my scalp. My hair feels lighter and super clean after using it. It does have kind of a harsh smell...I can't really put my finger on it. Kind of like a harsh shampoo chemical smell? But, as a once a week shampoo, I can deal with the smell. The price is reasonable and it leaves my hair feeling free of build-up and product residue. The ONLY reason why I may not repurchase this is just to experiment with other clarifying shampoos and see what is out there but this shampoo is awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by veelui

i hardly ever style my hair, so there is hardly any product buildup in my hair, however, i still bought this because i felt like my shampoos were weighing my hair down and especially during winter months my hair feels like straw bc of split ends, so i started to use mask hair conditioner, and while it did help soften my hair, i felt like my hair's natural shine was slowly vanishing, but after using this as directed for the last month, my hair seems to be shiny again :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm so glad this has remained a fixture on drugstore shelves. I first used it eons ago, when I was in my teens, but over time I'd 'outgrown' it, trying other products along the way, forgetting about this little gem and spending way too much on clarifying shampoos that worked just the same, or sometimes not as well. Recently frustrated with the lack of body and shine in my hair, I was browsing the shelves in Walgreens and I came across this classic and happily tossed it into my basket. Once again, I'm happily sudsing up weekly with this clean-smelling, easy-rinsing, gunk-removing shampoo. Love it. I'll not abandon it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by ldtef002

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is really amazing. It cleans residue away from hair and scalp religiously. The smell is tolerable. As soon as I wash this product out of my hair, I feel an instant lift and plump. If you do use this product, follow with a moisturizing conditioner. I use this shampoo once weekly, normally on a Sunday to get the week's product buildup out of my hair. Definitely recommend this for a clarifying, thickening shampoo. The price is decent as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by BrittaniElizabeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It is so ironic that this acutally popped up on my home page as one of the top things people were talking about and reviewing because I was JUST thinking about going on some website and highly recommending this product when I bought it a few weeks ago.

I have very thick, oily, hair and sometimes I feel like I have to wash it 2 maybe even 3 times to get it to feel "clean" and "soft" and just a little bit of this shampoo takes care of that. It is definitely awesome!! It literally gets your scalp "squeaky clean". I love, love, LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by briekeller

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

after having a sudden onset of oiliness/product buildup in my hair for a few weeks and not knowing what the problem was, i finally decided to google it. this shampoo was suggested by someone who said they had the same issue and they absolutely swore by it. so i went to target and hunted for it. it's a pretty small bottle so you may have to look like i did. this stuff is absolutely amazing. my hair hadn't been that soft and clean for two or three weeks. it is safe to say that i will be keeping this around in my shower for a very long time. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by nellieter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I cannot say enough good things about this shampoo. I hate hate hate build up. I have honey colored/dirtyish blonde hair and so if there is build up it dulls my color.

I use this shampoo once or twice a week (and have been for many years), and my hair looks bright and clean. It sucks all of the oil and residue out. I just put a generous amount in my hair and leave it in for a minute or so and then rinse, and voila! clean, build up-free hair.

For me, there are no cons. The smell is distinctive but not too strong or unpleasant. It doesn't dry out my hair no matter how frequently I use it (I've used it daily at some points in my life). My hair is pretty thick and healthy and naturally sort of oily, so it is possible on thinner hair it would be drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by classicbelle

love it

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by 4runnergirl

This is my absolute one true HG.

And this is coming from someone who has used just about every clarifying/anti residue/deep cleanse shampoo there is. This stuff is gold in a bottle.

If you're blonde, wether natural or not, you must use this shampoo. It will make your hair look the most amazing it ever has. It gets rid of all the gunk that is built up in your hair over time from shampoos and other products. After using, my fine, thing hair is weightless and full of body and life. It makes my hair shinier and more vivid than ever. I use it twice a week (i have an extremely oily scalp) and it keeps all the yuckies away. If you don't have an oily scalp, i'd use it once a week because it can be very drying. Be sure to deep condition as well. And for 5 dollars? This is a steal. It's simply the best.