August 1, 2014 | 1254 users online

Cleansers - Babor - Hyol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2006 3:27:00 PM More reviews by monchichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Off course this is the best. Everyone knows that. Gets rid of everything. Makes skin like skin. Very underrated. I was forgotten it, it's so built in my skincare routine that I was forgotten to review this. Will always use this at night. ALWAYS. I don't like the rest from Babor. Babor knows it cause they ask 36 euro and the bottle last 2 months. Very much more expensive then La Prairie, Valmont or Sisley. Nothing cleans like this. I use this in conjunction with the Phyto sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2006 3:36:00 PM More reviews by EyeCatcha

LOVE this cleansing oil makes my skin so fresh and clean and beautiful red rosy cheeks glowing from freshness and healthiness goodlooking overall beautyfying cleansing oil best sensitive cleansing oil I've tried so far LOVE IT SO MUCH

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2006 1:16:00 AM More reviews by annic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG. Well-loved by those who know about this wonderful German cleanser.
Two phase cleanser 1. Massage the cleansing oil (Hy-ol) onto dry skin 2. Massage in phytoactive liquidgel according to skin type mixed with a bit of water---splash off or wipe off with wet cloth or cotton
The Hy-ol dissolves all dirt and makup, and the phytoactive phase rinses it all off. The skin feels super clean, with no need for a toner! This is the best, it works, it's not drying nor does it leave you greasy. And it's fun to use, don't let the 2 steps throw you off, it doesn't take any extra time.. I use it with the sensitive phyto.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2005 4:10:00 PM More reviews by gusje

My aesthetician recommended this product for my skin together with phytoactive dry skin. After about 10 years using my contraceptive pill (Diane 35) I had stopped, my acne came back. But I also have dry skin. So my aesthetician said that I shouldn't use drying stuff or things like benzoylperoxide cream or gel etc. I use it one time a day before I'm going to bed and in the morning I 'cleanse' my skin with water. Afterwards I put 'Intensive repair' cream (also Babor) on my face. Thumbsup!!!! Nice, soft skin and goes perfect with the microdermabrasion treatment cure that I receive from my aestetician!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2005 3:02:00 PM More reviews by fechenwiesen

I was very sceptical about using oil on combo breakout prone skin, but have had nothing but great results. I apply it, then apply the phytoactiv for sensitive skin. They mix , and turn milky, and after rinsing my skin is clean, but not oily, or not too dry. I havenīt had any breakout problems, and my blackheads are disappearing. Iīve been using this for almost three months, and would recommend it . It does a great job of removing make up. I donīt find it too heavy, and notice that I am a lot less shiny during the day since using this. The whole oil and phytoactiv combo thiong seemed strange at first, but it works for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2005 11:48:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not thrilled with this cleanser - and I am not partial to "oil-based" cleansers, save for removing heavy make-up (which I rarely need to do).

Babor's revamped line is better than it was - but still over-priced and over-hyped in my opinion. I had a facial at the Babo spa at Takashimaya in NYC and found it mediocre at best.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2004 10:05:00 AM More reviews by mdenbraber

I got this from my mom who's been using it for years. She doesn't buy anything else and now I know why. I was a little sceptic at first, but it's a great product.

I use Hy-öl in combination with the phyto for oily skin.

It's smooth, milky, glides on easy, doesn't burn or pick. It even removes eye make-up really well, without discomfort. It leaves the skin soft and clean and well hydrated.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2004 4:56:00 PM More reviews by rae_rae

I am almost done with my first set of HyOl plus Photoactive cleansing oil and I am very happy with both the price and effectiveness of these items on my Combo/acne prone skin. I was having a huge problem with black heads and they are all COMPLETELY gone! It removes face makeup very well, and removes MOST of my waterproof eye makeup. I am still having a problem with postule acne but I was told by the esthetician who put me on Babor that my blemishes are systemic and not comedogenic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2004 10:01:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

After experiencing DHCs Deep Cleansing Oil (the olive oil base clogs my pores and I'm allergic to the rosemary extract to scent the product), I switched to Babor and have become pleasantly surprised. It's thinner, and doesn't feel like it rinses as completely ---skin feels moisturized as opposed to squeaky clean --- as the DHC oil AND it has alcohol in it, but my skin likes it better. The cleansing process is the same with all hydrophyllic oils --- apply to dry skin and massage around for a few minutes, add a bit of water to emulsify (the oil turns slightly milky), and continue applying water until the skin is rinsed clean of product.( The Hy-ol is meant to be used together with a corresponding "Phytoactiv" -- a kind of toner specific to skintype and helps to break the cleanser down when rinsing it off...I recommend trying the one for sensitive skin regardless of skintype.) The one thing that keeps this from being perfect is the scent -- it smells like baby wipes and I wish the fragrance were a little more elegant.