September 19, 2014 | 1940 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Frost & Glow Highlighting Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by nm1188

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never had any luck with at home hair coloring so I was very skeptical about trying this highlighting kit. After reading all the good reviews, I decided to go ahead and try it. Seriously, my hair looks EXACTLY like how I get it done at the salon. Perfectly even blonde highlights that blend in with my light brown hair! I don't think I could justify paying all that money professionally when I could just pay around 8 bucks and get the same result. If anything, I like it better! It looks so much more natural and subtle and I love how you have the option of where you want your highlights. It's a fool proof highlighting kit that I definitely would recommend to anyone!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by merullo23

My hair could be described as medium brown, maybe even light brown. I used the honey highlighting kit. I love what this did to my hair! Here I'll review the process and my results overall.

The application process was easy enough, though the cap part could be tricky. I first poked holes in the cap all around, only in the circled spots. This way when the cap went on my head, it would be a lot easier to grab hair. After doing that, I put the cap on my head and took hooks of hair and pulled that through the cap. I recommend working from the lowest part of your head upwards because that made it so minimal hair fell onto my face as I was working. If hair does fall onto your face, you can always clip it up on top of your head. The hook is a little tricky, but you get the hang of it after the first few successful hairs. The back of your head is hard, but if you face two mirrors at one another you can see what you're doing, which I managed to do successfully. After the cap, applying the bleach is a breeze! Just paint it on. I gobbed it on with my fingers pretty much, haha! Then you put the included plastic over it and wait about an hour. To be safe, I waited 55 minutes. After, you hop into the shower and use the included shampoo and conditioner on your hair. My hair feels hardly damaged at all, interestingly! I expected a lot worse.

As long as you mix it all together, you can't really go wrong. The bleach ends up looking blue, which is good because the blue cancels out any orange you may have from the bleach, leaving you with blonde streaks! I say blonde, but on me they came out very caramel. It's fitting and goes well with my medium brown, but they're all over so my head looks a lot lighter overall.

I was nervous about the cap application and the placement of my streaks, but they came out totally awesome! it's nice they're not so chunky like foils would be so they look way more natural.

The next time I highlight my hair, I will be using this product for sure. No salon treatment beats 11 dollars with hardly any damage :) Not to mention it comes out incredibly well!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by keribieds

I originally heard about this product from youtuber Kalynxo13, and immediately, I wanted to try it out on myself. I originally had ash blonde/light brown hair with faded blonde highlights from a few months ago which, by the way, costed me nearly $150 JUST for highlighting and a trim. Crazy! I used the blue box for blonde color on my hair and wow, I fell in love. It took me quite some time to get the hair through the hole but in the end, I was very pleased with the color. This is by far my go-to highlighting product. I plan on using the blonde box for a few more months to touch up my roots and continue adding lightness to my hair, then I'll move onto the purple box for platinum color and do the same. Overall, A+!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by annahogan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Wow. No more salon visits for touching up my ombré for $$$$!!!! I didn't use the cap. Just pulled small individual strands and colored them. Left on for 45 min which wasn't long enough. Next time I'll do 60! Color is amazing. I'm sold.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Emmulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I never though one could actually do at-home highlights and make it look nice, but damn — this product is good!
It has amazing tools in it, and foolproof instructions, anyone could learn how to use the kit! I love it and will definitely repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by countrybarbiexo94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is hands down the best drugstore coloring kit I have ever used. I've been using this for all over color on my top layer and it comes out AMAZING. I used it once for over all and it came out a perfect, pretty blonde color. Now, I just use it to do my roots and it matches and blends so well. I even used this kit to add blonde highlights two weeks after I had gone chocolate brown at one point. This is my go to hair kit everytime. I have naturally dark blonde/light brown hair and I use the kit with the blonde short haired girl, lol. it works wonders. I definitely recommend this product and will continue to buy it. I actually have a kit sitting on my desk and , I will be using it tonight to get my pretty, light blonde color back. nothing beats such pretty salon like color for only $7!

Only downer is the packaging is always a little rough, and loose.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by HeySamJo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

The SAME package from the 1990's, maybe 1980's? WHO CARES! I love this stuff and it is the ONLY thing I use to highlight my hair. I remember drooling after the girls in middle/high school who had this done to their hair. But, I never had the nerve to ask how/where they got it. Then one day by happenstance, I went over to a friends house and she just did her hair, and had the same effect as the girls at school! She showed me what she used and I have been using it ever since! It gives you a nice, non-brassy blond that blends super well! My friend had very dark brown hair, and I have dark blond, and it worked great on both of us!

I will say like many other reviewers that it does take some practice to get the "pulling the hair through the cap" thing down. The trick is to go slow and take your time. If you pull too much through, you can either push the hook up inside the cap and pull the hair back, or just take the cap off and start over. (The less experienced should do the latter).

I use this every spring AT LEAST, and will until they stop making it (heaven forbid!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by jkmartinjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have NEVER coloured/died/highlighted/streaked my hair at a salon or by myself, I had VIRGIN hair people!

Feeling fearless one day I picked this up at London Drugs for $13.00, and thought 'what the heck!' I did it at home, myself, no help from anyone. I have a mirror that has two pull out sides so I can see the back of my head, so it was a real treat! It look me quite a while to get my hair through the holes (I did every other hole), but it was worth it!

I read the reviews about it starting out orange, but I never saw that. I can't remember exactly, but I think I left it in for 15-20 minutes and washed it out and had beautiful honey blonde streaks! It was awesome, I'm so happy with them! I kept the cap and hook for future use, so I can just buy any colour from any brand.

But this product is awesome! It looks so natural! Thanks Revlon :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Sarahjuang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this highlighting kit, since im asian I was scared that the highlights would have more red undertones because my hair is really dark brown but this kit was amazing and and my highlights are more golden then red. This kit is super easy to use but I reccomend having someone help you because it can be pretty difficult to get certain parts. The first time I used this kit, I didn't foil my hair and left the dye in for about 30 min, the highlights were super super sutble but did make a small difference. I bought the kit again because I wanted stronger highlights and I did foil it and I left it in for about 45 min, the highlights were much stronger and a lot more noticeable. I was very worried that the kit used bleach because I had bleached my hair before for dip dying and my hair felt like hay, this kit didn't damage my hair as much as the bleach so I was extremely pleased. Its been several months and the highlights have faded a tiny bit but my hair feels pretty healthy. I highly recommend this highlighting kit and I want to continue using it. Btw, I got the Honey color and I was worried it would be too light for my dark hair but it looks really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by ckourt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVED the results of this product!

I originally had light/medium brown hair and used the "blonde" kit first (which I left for about 15 minutes - definitely could have left it in longer). Then I used the "platinum" kit for some extra light highlights (20 minutes).

The application was pretty easy but lengthy (I needed my mom's help). But it was totally worth it. My hair had a red/brassy tint from other lightning sprays and this kit took all the brassiness out of my hair - it's gorgeous! My hair is now a beautiful honey blonde (with no red/orange tint). This product is incredible and so is the price!