December 20, 2014 | 1453 users online

Cleansers - Peter Thomas Roth - Glycolic Acid 3% Facial Wash

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by coldblue

A sales associate who examined my skin recommended this product to me to help skin turnover and to help uncover newer skin below. I have combination skin (oily t-zone and dry cheek areas) and used this product every other day initially for a week and then 1x/week. This dried my skin out like crazy. Even when I reduced it to 1x/week, it was still too much for my skin. I won't be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 11:53:00 AM More reviews by barnycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have acne prone oily skin that has recently become acne prone combo sensitive skin. My jaw line has become very clogged in the last 3 months and nothing I tried helped. I'm allergic to BP and salicylic acid doesn't seem to do much for me anymore. I tried this on a whim, as it's an expensive experiement. I'm using a dime size amount every evening. I start with a makeup remover and then use this. I've been using this for a little over a week and my skin is clearing alot. My only issue is the skin around my nose is drying out, so come on moisturizer for the first time in my life. I would recommend this for anyone that is having an issue with clogged pores. I will repurchase if it continues to work. I will update with any allergy or weird reaction issues. Oh and you get ALOT, or rather you have to use very little, so it really is economical.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by sband201

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love to try different things so it is very rare for me to buy the same product twice. Normally I move on and see if there is anything better. But I am on my third bottle of this facial wash and have no intentions to stop using it! It normalizes my skin without leaving it dry and really prevents breakouts. My skin always feels smooth and clean after using it. I would agree that it is not the deepest cleanser if you are looking to really "get in there" but this product coupled with a stronger product once or twice a week is probably a good idea!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by mishmosh48

I have always been afraid to use glycolic acid, However, since I never seem to have any luck with other products, I decided to give it a shot!I think this is the best facial cleanser I have tried! (and I've tried many!) I use this once a day in the morning, and then switch it with a drug store make-up remover cleanser at night. I do find that the cleanser is a bit drying, but it cleans my skin wonderfully! Last time I had a facial, the esthetician commented on how good my skin looked. I think I'm hooked. I just wish it didn't cost so much!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2008 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Brunettegirl

I like this product for the fact that I noticed my skin looked very vibrant and glowing shortly after using this.I also like that this did do a good job of bringing those little stubborn bumps to the surface so you feel like your skin is really clean.... I would only use this 1-2 x's a week at the most, as I find it would be way too drying if used more than that. I have normal/combo skin, on the drier side in cheeks (normal-slightly oily t-zone)...Overall a good product, maybe not a miracle product, imo, but would alternate this with a less drying cleanser for daily use.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by t8wong

When I first started using this it did wonders for my skin. However, I have oily skin and, combined with the daily foundation that I wear, this sometimes isn't enough to take care of my skin and prevent clogged pores. This product is enough to keep my face clean, but it doesn't clean deep down enough to handle the amount of make up I put on. However, I really love this product and I would recommend to anyone with oily or acne prone skin, as it does quickly take care of the minor acne that one can occasionally get. I would use this with a weekly deep cleaning regiment that I have yet to discover that works well with my skin. But this is a great start for those who want to clear up and maintain clear skin!

Also, even though I have oily skin, this is still really strong and dries out my skin after 4-5 uses. I recommend mixing a dime size amount of this with 3-4 pumps of Cetaphil cleanser, still works well and doesn't dry out my skin as much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2008 1:20:00 AM More reviews by LizaLindsey

OMG!!! This cleanser is wonderful. As I'm sure you can see from my reviews, I try a lot of new products. One of ventures ( I think a new foundation) had caused me a number of little baby bumps all along my forehead. Not pimples, just little bumps. I had also plucked a few hairs from my chin (we all get them, right???) that cause a couple of pimples. This cleanser cleared bumps and pimples within 3 days. AMAZING!!! I have used it twice a day and not gotten dry...I'm oily so those that are not I would recommend only nighttime use. Please give this cleanser a shot. Whiteheads are easy to extract, your pores will be clear, and your skin will be as smooth as a 4 year old.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by maggie0008

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This cleanser is amazing. After struggling with clogged pores for years I can see an incredible difference in my skin in only 2 weeks. So far it has not irritated my skin. Love it.

Update: Using it for 10 months now and I still love it! My sister has a lot of non-cystic acne and she's been using this for 2 weeks (plus the clarisonic) and her skin has done a 180, she's hooked now also

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is probably my favorite glycolic cleanser. It's effective at both cleansing and exfoliating, and the fragrance is minimal. My skin is fairly oily and isn't at all sensitive, so for me it works wonderfully both morning and evening. My boyfriend uses this sometimes (pretty much whatever I leave on the bathroom counter is fair game) and his skin is dry, so he complains about his face feeling too tight if he uses it frequently. For normal-to-oily skintypes, this is a simple, effective cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by wendiii

This cleanser has made my oily acne prone skin calm down almost immediately. Granted, I still get pimples here and there...but an overall improvement. It is a bit drying, so for those of you with sensitive or combo skin...make sure not to use it too often. I use it nightly in the shower with a little face buff thingy. It tends to dry out my cheeks...but nothing a little moisturizer won't fix. At first I thought it was a bit pricey... but then after three weeks of using it...I've barely made a dent in the bottle! It will probably last me half the year at this rate! Definitely worth it!