April 17, 2014 | 903 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - #521 - Fuschia w/ Blue Pearl

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 10:57:00 AM More reviews by everysunflower

This colour never lets me down. The name describes the colour PERFECTLY. Fuschia with Blue Pearl. I feel blessed that I am able to pull off this colour... not many people can. A lot of people may see it as clownish on themselves, as it is out of their comfort zone. On me, it's very alluring. I get compliments whenever I wear it. This colour automatically livens up my face, even on the most "blah-est" of mornings.

I really have to point out to everyone that I paid $1.57 (CAD) for this lipstick. At that price, yes the packaging is cheap and it will break/crack if you drop it on hardwood floor. However, the lipstick itself is awesome quality. It's actually moisturizing and surprisingly has decent staying power. I find that it fades off the lips gradually and evenly over time but almost leaves a bit of a stain, so you still have a hint of the colour on afterall! I will continue to re-purchase this colour forever. : )

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 5:13:00 AM More reviews by socalgirl01

Love this color, i wear it out a lot, have to say that the one thing that i have been noticing about the cases is that they are pretty flimsy one good drop and its time to replace the lipstick, mine is all on the inside of the lid, but hey they are so cheap its not a big deal to replace.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is awesome. I love the color so much! They're BOGO 1/2 off right now at CVS so stock up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I LOVE this lipstick. The color is gorgeous and fun. The texture/consistency is wonderful and you can't beat the price at under a buck! I definitely will be trying other colors. If you haven't tried Wet N' Wild in a while, definitely give them another chance because they have reformulated most if not all their products and they are MARVELOUS!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by chickenetti

This is a pretty fuchsia, very bold, with a kind of blue pearl undertone, as the name states. Since it's cheap, it's great for experimenting. I actually like this color on me, so it's fun for a wild look.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2010 3:41:00 AM More reviews by littlebird246

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe WnW still makes this color. I wore it constantly in the mid eighties, and that's what it reminds me of...Angelyne, Dale Bozzio, that type of 80s bombshell in PVC look. I think the last time I bought a tube of this was 1987. It still looks and wears great! I don't wear it a lot, but every now and then it couldn't be any more perfect!

Oh yeah, in the 80s I wore it with cobalt blue shadow and liner. I think this was also WnW...

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 More reviews by blueberryfrost

Bright fuchsia pink lipstick with a hint of blue shimmer. I bought this as an experiment to see what such a bright color would look like on my pale skin. I actually quite like it! Very striking contrast with my fair skintone and dark hair. It fades nicely and evenly, leaving a pink stain that looks like I've been drinking fruit punch all day. The texture is good, smooth and not drying. Cute and unusual shade! And only 99 cents!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

Gorgeous color, the blue pearl just gives it a nice shimmer. Definitely worth picking up, I got this for .60 cents at Rite Aid.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by MisMeganNicole

I absolutely love bright pink lipsticks and for the price it's an awesome deal. This is the second lipstick I bought on Ebay for $0.99.

Goes on smooth with a creamy satin matte texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by xxgoldstarsxx

I love this lipstick more than I rightly should. I'm extremely pale and usually rock a bright lip, but I've been frustrated with the lack of really bright pinks. I'd think that I found a real hot pink, only to have it go on looking soft and natural.

Not so, Fuschia with Blue Pearl. Yes, the name is bulky. Yes, the packaging is chintzy. Yes, it's a hot pink lipstick with blue reflect made by Wet'n'Wild (80s prom queen cliche, anyone?). But if loving it is wrong, I don't want to be right.

The tube stays securely shut, the texture is to die for (They called it "silk finish," and they weren't lying!), and the color lasts for hours and hours. If forgotten in my car, it does not melt. It isn't drying, it's bright and opaque in one coat, and it actually works quite well as a lip stain. I like topping this lipstick with a slightly darker gloss for an ultra-shiny, layered look.

It's not for the faint of heart, but for 99c at any drugstore, it's worth a shot for anyone who likes a bold lip. It's a fun pop of color that somehow looks like "just enough."

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No