October 23, 2014 | 1900 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Hair Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by TrendyTina88

I have fine blonde color treated hair, and I was looking for a clarifying shampoo that would not be too harsh. I also have oily hair and my hair can get lifeless really easily from all the build up. Let me just say this product takes the cake! For starters it got all the gunk out of my hair and left my hair full of volume and bounce. The ends of my hair start to look and feel like straw when I have build up, and this shampoo cleared that right up too.
I had to use a deep moisturizing mask (Kerastase) afterwards on the lengths, but that was just enough moisture to give my hair the shine it needed!
Overall I loved it because it gave my hair its zest back, didn't dry it out or damage it, AND i was able to go 4 days before it got greasy again! Normally my hair gets greasy within a day, so that was wonderful. I really think that clarifying hair every other week is CRUCIAL to having healthy locks. Especially if you are more oily or use a lot of dry shampoo, hair spray, mousse, etc. LOVE THIS!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really hate to bust up the great reviews, however, Redken's Hair Cleansing Cream did not work at all on my hair and if anything it made my hair look worse. I never had an issue with hair build-up ...... I always thought that hair build-up would make your hair look greasy but that is not always the case as my hair looked dry, and frizzy but I had a few sections that felt sticky so after googling my hair issues and doing research here at MUA, I decided to try a clarifying shampoo ...... the Hair Cleansing Cream had such great reviews but it made my hair look horrible after my first use even though I used a deep conditioner afterwards ..... I decided to purchase VO5's clarifying shampoo and conditioner which also has excellent reviews and I could not believe the difference (I still had to use a deep conditioner, however my hair felt and looked great.) If Redken's Hair Cleansing Cream does not work for you, please try VO5's clarifying shampoo and conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by aimeejmpr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i use this once a week to get all the build up products OUT of my hair. i absolutely love this stuff. i can definitely feel a difference in my hair afterward and it feels good just knowing all that gunk is out of my hair. i follow up with my redken extreme deep conditioner to put the moisture back in. my hair feels flawless. it smells lemony! girls with colored hair, be careful because it will wash out some your color if you dye your hair darker!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by jpe020

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair is frizzy, puffy and sometimes wavy sometimes curly. I have to use a lot of product if I want my hair to look good. I use shea moisture curling shampoo (wish I love) however, it does leave build up in my hair. I use the Redken shampoo every now and then (maybe 3 times a fortnight) and it definitely removes all the build up! Leaves my hair super clean and soft. Not squeeky at all which is great! Definitely recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by MisstinaaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing. I use this once every 2 weeks to get all the product and dry shampoo build up out of my hair. Works great! And my hair is clean and feels fresh after! Use a moisturizing shampoo with it and a good conditioner because it can be drying because it's taking all the buildup out of your hair. Do not use more than once a week! Depending on how much buildup you have in your hair, you may not even need this or only have to use it about every 2 weeks! Depends how much product you use on a daily basis!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Sophiebean23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is Amazing! I've tried them all from drugstore to expensive ones and finally found this one. It doesn't dry out my hair and leaves it bouncy and soft. Don't hesitate to rush out and buy it because you won't regret it! My search is over for clarifying shampoo! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Lorraine6

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When my hair starts getting dull and weighted down from various hair products this shampoo removes all the build-up and leaves my hair soft, fluffy and shiny. Great clarifying shampoo.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

HG clarifying shampoo. Before this I had only tried the Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo (does the job but it's harsh) and I also tried the Kenra one for comparison (it's super-drying). Redken's Cleansing Cream is absolutely perfect. It removes all the buildup and residue from heavy conditioners and styling products to give your hair a fresh start. It makes all your other hair products work BETTER. It's the hair-equivalent of giving your skin a really thorough exfoliation. And it does that without stripping or drying your hair out either. This is something I've repurchased many times and will continue to do so in the future.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by ABrushWthBeauty

This is my go-to chelating/clarifying treatment and I love the way it makes my hair feel. Sometimes I add it, massage in quickly and then rinse or if I have more buildup or are prepping for a color service, I'll leave it in for up to 10 minutes for a heavier-duty service. My hair doesn't feel dry afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hands down the best clarifying shampoo I've ever used. For reference, I've tried clarifying shampoos by Joico, Kenra, VO5, Herbal Essences, Suave, Phyto, and Enjoy (their clarifying spray). I don't think any of them come close to the quality, or can deliver the performance of Redken Cleansing Cream. I've purchased this shampoo many times because of its consistency...I know it works, and it works well. It cleanses with Sodium Laureth Sulfate as opposed to Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, which I find to be much more gentle on my hair. It doesn't contain any unnecessary silicones, unlike Joico's clarifying shampoo (why would anyone put silicones in a clarifying shampoo in the first place...doesn't that defeat the purpose?). I don't find this to be as harsh as other clarifying shampoos, such as VO5 or Suave, so using this more often is fine for my hair (plus I use styling products on a daily basis). Your mileage may vary, of course, so just go by what works for your specific hair type.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No