Redken Rough Paste 12 ragged texture hair paste

4.1

on 3/22/2006 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My hair is thick, and coarse and this works really well for adding texture to my very short layered style. Offers medium hold but not any shine which is why the one lippie off. For added shine and hold I mix with Peter Coppola's styling mudd.

on 3/16/2006 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was too creamy/greasy for my liking, or I applied too much. Anyway, I ended up with flat hair lacking in shine. I'll pass this one on to my boyfriend, who had better luck with it. I'll stick to gel-like products in the future, but I get too easily tempted into trying new products.

on 2/27/2006 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love using the rough paste to hold scrunch curls-nothing works better to keep my scrunched curls in. Of course, you have to deal with the fact you have super textured hair that can be a bit tacky if you use too much-but the HOLD-if you have wavy hair and can diffuse to curly, but nothing seems to hold those curls for more than an hour this stuff is for you. The last time I bought RP it came in an extremely irritating pump tube form, and it' so thick if you don't keep it capped tight you will dry out all the product in the nozzle. Plus, because it stops dispensing before it's all gone it gets a one. It would be much better off coming in a a tube so you can squeeze the last portion out.

on 1/25/2006 12:37:00 AM

The stuff works, but I end up not using it because I can't stand the smell! Also, the pump can get clogged up.

on 12/1/2005 9:49:00 AM

I have short, very fine (yet thick) hair cut similar to Mandy Moore's, and have been searching for a product to create pieciness without weighing my hair down or making it look greasy. Rough Paste is such a product. I purchased this due to the great reviews on here, and am so glad I gave it a chance! It works great for creating a piecey look that isn't too stiff, but still has good hold. I also love the packaging; the pump makes applying it easier and more sanitary than sticking your fingers in a jar. While the price is a little steep for me, I managed to find this on ebay for under $10. Will definitely repurchase. :)

on 5/15/2005 8:51:00 AM

This is a very good hair product for styling short hair. Only needs a bit for styling hair, yet leaves hair soft and natural looking. And it can lasts for about 6 months with daily usage.

on 1/9/2005 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. I use it together with Rewind. The combination gives my short hair a lot of texture and volume. The spiky effect lasts until I go to bed. The Rewind adds shine and "locks" the hairstyle. Awesome.

on 12/2/2004 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this last night, used it this morning and just had to review it. This is an excellent product in just about everyway. I have dense but fine hair and tried everything to make it piecey but not greasy. This has just the right amount of hold and is pliable so you can tweak your style throughout the day if you'd like. HG status so far...

on 10/3/2004 5:28:00 PM

Great texturizer and holding paste with only a little bit of crispy factor for my short layers. Works great, good hold and I can only recommend!

on 5/27/2004 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a good pomade for my curly hair; it controls frizz but doesn't go on too thickly or clog pores. My hair is very thick (I'm black and Asian), and this is one of the better pomades I've tried. The pump packaging is great; you get exactly the amount you want, without any mess. The only negative is that it didn't control "bigness" as well as I needed it to-- my hair gained volume over time. (That might sound nice but trust me, my long curls look better controlled and weighed-down.) Oh, and also, DH is using it and complaining that it smells "girly," so guys might want to smell this before purchasing. I'd repurchase this only if I went back to short hair.

Popular Styling Products