September 17, 2014 | 1752 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Thunderball single

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2006 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Tina3000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really disappointed with Thunderball. I love love love using blue/teal shadows as liners when wet. But this one just didn't flatter. Night Porter really makes my eyes pop, as does China Blue. I wanted to love Thunderball but ended up taking it back to Nordie's.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2006 9:02:00 PM More reviews by stars_a_fire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow is sooo pigmented so it's great if you want to use this as a liner. The colour is very cool, sort of like MAC plumage with a very deeper velvety sort of blue. The Makeup Artist who did my eyes put this all under my lower lashes and then cleaned it up with a q-tip dipped in make up remover so it was a very solid lower line. Really dramatic! I like the NARS package, the rubberized outside makes me feel like I'll never drop it!

I wouldn't buy this again because of the price, but if you want to get it and want a pigmented colour, it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2005 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Clairey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This shadow is amazing. Although it's expensive, it's definitely worth the price. As a shadow it's a nice deep colour that looks wonderful on my brown eyes. When used wet as a liner it tends to take on a more turquoise colour. I also use it with the MAC eyeliner brush #266. I recommend that everyone try it because I think this colour would look great with any complexion or eye colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2005 10:57:00 PM More reviews by sierrah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW!!! This is a stunner! Thunderball looks lika a dark, dark navy in the pan. However it is transformed when applied. I use this exclusively as a liner for my dark brown eyes, and as others have asserted it really pops! The best brush for this is MAC's angled liner brush. They work superbly together. This eye shadow is highly pigmented and takes on the hues of a Tahitian pearl - so gorgeous! You can pair this with so many colors! Or, you can just wear it alone with mascara! A big time keeper! I wear it daily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2005 9:47:00 AM More reviews by hirondelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My usual complaint with NARS shadows is that they are too lightly pigmented. I have now discovered why. Obviously, Franciso was saving all the pigment for this one. I have never seen a more densely colored shadow in my life. You barely have to tap the brush on it to pick up enough color to line the lids of three or four Vegas showgirls. That said, it is an intense teal that, surprisingly, works very well with a range of colors. I prefer to use it with plums or lilacs. While it is very dark, it still works well with my fair coloring. It isn't nearly as severe as black, but it is much more interesting and pretty than brown, which tends to be so, well, brown. It flakes off a little bit after about four or five hours, so I'm deducting one lippie for that. Otherwise, good job here. I'd get it again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2005 2:29:00 PM More reviews by heathervieno

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful matte navy with tealish undertones. If you have MAC plumage, don't buy this. It is pretty much the same color. MAC is cheaper and just as nice IMO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2005 12:34:00 PM More reviews by tmarie78

I bought this single-pan on a whim due to reviews here, and I'm so glad I did--and this is coming from someone who already owns a dozen eyeliner shades. I am fairly pale, with blue eyes, and this color gives them the most subtle pop of intensity--the beauty in this shade is that when you're wearing it, you can't tell what the color is, you can only tell that your eyes look great! It's the difference between your friend saying "Wow--great eyeliner" and the much harder achievement: "Wow--your eyes are beautiful!"

If you want the latter, this is your shade!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2005 2:48:00 PM More reviews by sugarbomb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to bring down the ratings of a product, but honestly I don't understand the hype about this product. Let me preface my complaint by saying that I have only used this as a liner, not a shadow. In the pan, the color appears to be a lovely blackened teal, but along the lashline it just looks...dark. Not black, not blue, not teal--just dark. The texture is fine and the staying power is quite good. It's not a bad liner, but nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2005 4:18:00 PM More reviews by keahi

O.K. I swore off NARS shadows since my extreme disappointment with Night Fairy over four years ago. Night Fairy seemed to lack any pigment and had a very gritty texture. I hated it. But, I was looking for an interesting shadow/liner a little more unusual than black, read all of the great reviews here, and decided to try this out. Oh my god is this pigmented! This is crazy pigmented and it is just the sort of color I was looking for. This makes an excellent liner for my dark brown eyes, and the quality of this one has totally redeemed NARS shadows in my eyes (ha, ha, no stupid pun intended). Maybe it is just his glitter shadows that are lacking (?)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2005 10:45:00 PM More reviews by DreamtOf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OK this is definitely my HG liner. i've had it ever since it came out and i have only used it about 10 times but i swear every time i put it on it brightens and just makes my eyes look just bigger and better. moreso than any other liner. i just wear it alone with black mascara and wow what a difference. if you have brown eyes and are looking for a classy, more-green-than-purple-based navy powder liner, go get this. love.