Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

For something called "purity", it sure does have a lot of fragrance in it. I used this product when it first came out because of all the hype behind it. Frankly, I don't think it cleans all that well and it smells like perfume. It's cushiony and silky, but probably due to all the filler ingredients.

Thankfully it didn't irritate my skin too badly but I stopped using it when my gigantic bottle was done and was never moved to buy another.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff was simply too drying for my skin. Jaclyn Hill recommends this, which I find strange as she has dry skin as well. I figured this seemed gentle enough for my dry, sensitive, occasionally acne-prone skin. I only breakout when I use products that are irritating or scented, and this definitely was too irritating for my skin. At first it wasn't bad, but after about a week my skin just felt so dry. There really is nothing remarkable about this cleanser, in my opinion. There's nothing in it to nourish or even benefit your skin. It's weird because the people who love this cleanser really love it, and totally swear by it and refuse to use anything else. I personally found it made my skin feel too "squeaky" clean, like it stripped my skin a bit. I'll stick to my Farmacy cleansing oil! I just love the nourishing feel of cleansing oil, and the balancing effect is has on the skin, whether your skin is feeling a little dry or a little oily. This Purity face wash was too drying, too irritating, and too stripping for my skin. It doesn't foam much, just a little, which I sort of enjoyed. The cleanser feels nice on the skin, and does a pretty good job of removing makeup. But there is nothing good about this cleanser to justify the price, it really is so simple and doesn't do anything a drugstore cleanser couldn't do.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

THIS STUFF HAS SO MANY INGREDIENTS AND GAVE ME A BAD REACTION AND DIDNT EVEN TAKE OFF MY MAKEUP

Holy crap. TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY!! I literally have the worst combination skin. Super oily with random dry patches and lots of random breakouts. This cleanser is a one step solution to all of my problems! I no longer need makeup removing wipes because this melts everything off and leaves my skin nice and clean without stripping and drying my face. It works really well, especially at night. If I feel a pimple coming, I wash my face with this, sleep on it, and wake up and voilaaaaa it's gone!

Yes, it is very pricey, but I do not hesitate to spend $50+ on this because it really is the best for all skin types.

This has been my go to makeup remover and facial cleanser for years now. I have been through more bottles than I can remember, though each bottle does last for a substantial amount of time. I usually buy the largest size I can get my hands on, because there is never any chance that this will go to waste like many other cleansers currently languishing in my closet.

I love to use this to remove all my makeup in the shower. I just wet my face and gently rub this all over, even all around my closed eyes, to melt everything away. If my skin isn’t having an episode requiring something stronger, I just take a little more and cleanse my bare skin.

I love that this is a one-step product for me. I never fuss with oils, wipes, eye makeup removers, cleansing balms, or waters. I do wear a full face of long wear products everyday too, though no waterproof mascaras. I don’t really notice the scent anymore, though I never really did in the first place. Never had issues with it stinging my eyes or irritating my skin, but as with all things, ymmv.

I love this cleanser. I have purchased the biggest bottle (with the pump) at Sephora four years ago since then every year during the friends and family sale I repurchase. This is suited for all skin type. It doesn't foam much but it feels like you are using a cream to cleans your skin. Your skin is left clean and moisturized at the same time.The fragrance is very pleasant. I like all my facial product with a little bit of fragrance. Its like aroma therapy. Its a must have for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've always wanted to try this, but never wanted to spend the money for it. I ended up getting this half price so I thought I'd give it a shot. And I am sold! This cleanser is just right for my skin. No breakouts. It takes off my makeup and does pretty well with eye makeup too! It feels creamy on my skin and rinses off well (unlike Kiehls Ultra Facial Cleanser, which I love, but hate that hard-to-wash-off-feeling). The smell is pleasant -- almost lemony? So, I bought the biggest bottle and we'll see how long it lasts. I think I will only buy this when I can get it on sale tho. But it's a keeper for me!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I dislike this cleanser. On my sensitive/dry skin this just strips my moisture barrier without being very effective at removing makeup. I'm not sure how it's possible.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is a nice little cleanser. I've wanted to try this for years so recently I needed $10 to bring my Sephora cart up to free shipping so I tossed this in (the travel size). I've been using it as step 1 in removing makeup and it works exceedingly well! It feels, calming, moisturizing and non stripping. But when I rinse, I get a clean feeling. I do not use this with my Clarisonic as I have an obsession with foaming cleansers for that and for life. But this will be repurchased as hell, I just love how it works.

This is a very good makeup remover. Although it will not take off 100% of your makeup it will take off about 70% which is not bad. Just follow up with another gentle cleanser. I can even rub this on my eyes to take off my eye makeup and it does not irritate me. I really like this makeup remover/cleanser.