July 29, 2014 | 1341 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum - Fragrance Free

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by jjiyunlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin that's fairly sensitive and does not usually like silicones. Based on reviews, I got this serum and the Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting serum (red bottle). After using both for about 3 months each, I can safely say that neither of them do anything to improve the general condition of my skin. My skin produced the same shocking amount of oil, I got acne at the same right, my pores looked the same (perhaps slightly worse with this one, but definitely the same with the micro-sculpting serum). As someone who's fairly new to skincare stuff, I thought these were fairly expensive bottles of things that don't do much. If you're stuck between these two and absolutely think that it will work for your skin type, I would recommend the Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting serum because it's very sheerly tinted and has some slight luminescence to it. It also feels a little thinner and less silicone-y, which I personally prefer. If you're just looking around for a serum with some quality ingredients though, I'd suggest looking around at reputable sellers online. I picked up a random hyaluronic acid serum from eBay for less than this that ended up killing my oil production and giving me normal skin for the first time in my life - my notebook has more details about my overall skin condition and skincare routine if you're interested.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

my skin: nc15-ish. i have reddish hair and am prone to freckle-ing. acne-prone (but controlled with daily use of a BHA), combination-leaning-normal, dislikes BP but LOVES exfoliation. for years my face has been a shade redder than my neck and chest. not like BAM, RED! but still noticable.
other priducts i use in conjunction w/ this: dove sensitve skin bar soap on both face and body; salux cloth every 4 days or so; alpha hydrox 10% aha cream; paula's choice 2% BHA liquid; when going out, biore bright face ss (japanese brand, leaves matte finish)
my hopes for this: add a bit of moisture, reduce redness, NOT cause breakouts! antioxidants are definite a plus
where i bought it and for how much: walmart, around $22. hopepully my local costco will have this though
results: as of 12/2/12, i've been using this for maybe 2 weeks. if it were going to give me breakouts it would have by the 2nd day or so, but my skin has stayed clear! this is a big thing for me-- my skin is fickle. the texture of this is light and vevlety, from the silicones. i use this nightly. i apply the alpha hydrox 10% cream, and let thank sink in (takes 5 minutes or so). then i apply this on face and neck. 1 pump is perfect for my face, and i use 1/2 a pump for my upper neck. i know i should do the whole neck but this stuff is $$$! i noticed less redness after the 1st use-- i woke up the nexk morning and my face was not as red as it usually is. by the 3rd or 4th use my face has NO redness when i woke up! and now my face stays nice and un-red all day long. every now and then i apply this in the am as well, since leaving it on overnight and then washing it of in the am probably isnt long enough for the antioxidants to do as much as they could. one time i didnt use it for 2 nights in a row and the redness did start to come back. even when i apply this twice a day i never get any irritation. as far as moisture goes, i find the AHA to be moisturizing since its a cream, so this is enough for me. honestly, i've never really NEEDED a moisturizer though. for me, if i skip moisturizer before bed i wake up with really oily skin. if i use it i wake up with skin thats "perfect"-- not too oily, not too dry.
packaging: LOVE the packaging of this! is nearly-opaque white. i feel like the ingredients arent cpoming into contact w/ much light, but if i hold it up to the light i can still make out how much is left. i love that the top can e twisted to lock shut. if DS somehow gets ahold of this i dont have to spaz out and worry that he'll squirt it all over the place. after this bottle is empty i'm going to see if its possible to open this sucker up and re-use it.

conclusion: it kinda sucks that this is so expensive. after using it for 2 weeks or so when i hold the bottle up to the light it looks like about 10% is gone, and i've used it 2x a day for about 1 week of that time. i'll be checking costco to see if they stock this fragrance-free version *crosses fingers* i tried cerave pm in the past for its niacinamide, but it clogged me. and i know i could probably make my own niacinamide toner, but adding in antioxidants and buying all the ingredients and measuring them all out... then coming up with a formulation that works for me, and then always having to make fresh.... would just be too much of a hassle. so for now i will re-buy this. its been the only thing to 100% get rid of my redness, and that makes me very happy. also, knowing there are antioxidants in there makes me feel good about doing something extra for my skin that i wasnt before. if this had SPF and STILL wanst clogging, then it woudl be absolutely perfect!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I tried this at my sister in laws house, but going to be honest, I bought the CVS knock off. Well, guess what? I have the same reaction as you, Neume!!! I got rid of all my niacinamide products. I've seen people reacting to similar items that I have been and thanks to you all, I discovered the problem!!!! This could be fabulous for those who don't react to it, but I have to return mine!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

With all my arsenal of face creams, I usually only turn to using this product when my face is broken out as well as in the summer months when my skin needs just a slight bit of moisture.
I love that this serum is fragrance free, colourless and feels weightless on the skin, allowing my skin to breathe, and that it has a velvety texture. Just by feeling the serum on my skin - unscented, with no unecessary grease, glop or oil slick is enough to make me want to repurchase alone - that its supposed to be full of beneficial ingredients as well is a bonus!
Wanting to repurchase any skin care product is highly unusual for me, because I am always looking for the next best thing, but I feel safe using this, no breakouts, just soft, unscented skin!
Paula Begoun has given this a great rating.
I also like that the pump turns from side to side so you can close it and seal it when you pack it for travel.
Next purchase, I may try to get it from Costco, hopefully they have it here in Canada in the big sizes as well so I can apply more liberally and more often to use every night instead of some of the time. Hopefully I too can begin to see some improvements!

NOTE: P&G: Please don't discontinue!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was sadly allergic to this. It made my skin so soft and looked great for 2 days, on the third day my face was dry and that evening it started to itch and break out into a rash. I had to take some benadryl, prednisone, and topical steroid to calm it down. While I can't say for sure, I've heard that niacidamide can cause this in some people, so just be aware of that if you've never used anything with that ingredient in there before. I really wanted to love this especially because it was so affordable and I was really excited for those 2 days, but oh well.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by southparkrules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This serum doesn't do anything for me, It doesn't dry up my skin or moisturize it well. But it makes my face look greasy and gives me tiny bumps(whiteheads?), that's why I stop using it.

I don't think I can keep using it until I actually see if it really reduces lines and wrinkles or not. By the time I find out it works or not, my face will be covered with tiny bumps. I just can't walk around with a greasy face. If my face doesn't look better during the process of using this serum, I don't want to use it anymore. I am not gonna wait and see until the bitter end.

The only thing good about this product is that the packaging is very functional and hygenic. The pump works very well.

One star for the good pump, another star for not completely ruining and discoloring my face like Neutrotena Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Moisture.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by PiinkyAmour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted this to work. First day seemed fine, but the next day my face was red and little bumps appeared all over my face. I stopped using it for a week and went back to my regular routine and the redness and bumps cleared up. I tried it again and the redness and little bumps appeared again. Horrible! My skin did not like this at all! I'm returning this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by teller5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW what I product, I use this as a primer and moisturizer. I have also noticed past acne red blotches have faded and my skin tone looks more even and less oily. I have given this to friends and family as I am so confident this is an HG product

My only complaint is the price difference here in Canada as compared to the US, so I stock up when cross border shopping.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 4:46:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this serum on and off for many years as a foundation and/or under eye primer. I love trying new primers on the market, but always go back to this serum. It's silicone based which I find looks, feels, and preforms well under my foundation and concealer. Plus it contains ingredients that can be beneficial to the skin, such as antioxidants and niacinamide. I had a reaction and massive irritation to the fragranced version of Olay's serum, but never any issues with this fragrance free product. Additionally I love the packaging as it dispenses the perfect amount of product with just one pump that covers my face with no waste or mess. Overall awesome product!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by annikarey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this serum, and it was pretty good. My skin felt smoother. The only con I have with this product is that the serum felt a bit too thick for me. I had to wait for a moment to let it absorb into the skin. I'm currently using a thinner formula from another brand.