November 21, 2014 | 1640 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - BADgal Lash

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Koolkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not a product junkie at all, but I've purchased and tried a vast array of mascaras at varying price points. BadGal Lash happens to meet all of my requirements on my checklist and I really, really like it. I wear it every day and have repurchased multiple times.
FWIW I have fairly nice, long lashes and I've noticed other reviewers that also start with this description of their bare lashes, tend to really like this mascara, too.

Clump free and goes on smoothly in one coat

I prefer the original type of wand best; BADgal's is a on the bigger, fluffier end of the spectrum which I find makes application a little easier, but thats just me.

No excess mascara to wipe off on the rim.

Drier formula, which I prefer: history of smearing mascara all over my face if it's too slick to apply. I like my mascara to dry quickly since it tends to be the last step in my routine and I've been known to show up with eye lash marks all over my eyebrows and under eye when I arrive at work (yes I have blessedly long lashes).

Creates soft, natural feeling lashes (I hate "crunchy" dried mascara).

No smudging or flaking, even a little bit. Lasts all day long.

Removes with regular face soap (I'm too lazy to bother with the extra step of eye make up remover).

I ran across BeneFits BadGal Lash a few years ago and I've liked everything about it except that I have hard time spending $20 on product that I need to repurchase every few months. This mascara has widely mixed reviews, I'm aware, probably because it is a fairly basic formula (which is precisely the reason why I like it). Actually, last time I bought it, I told the saleslady how much I loved it, and she gave me a funny look and tried to steer me towards They're Real (which I don't like those hard plastic applicators becuase they seem to be stiff and irritate my lashline a little bit).

For me, it works and I love it, meets all of my needs. Everyone has different eye lashes, application techniques, etc, but for me it worked. For the record, my personal dupe is Loreal Voluminous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 9:14:00 AM More reviews by AprilShowas123

One of my all time favorites. Big round brush makes lashes seperate and lengthen, lashes are darkened and volumizing wirhout appearing too heavy. Formula is nice and clean which is what I love! After a few uses can be clumpy so I like to use disposable spool brushes to comb lashes before & after to avoid this.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Looks lovely and natural fluttery lashes when first applied. It separates, lengthens and adds a small amount of volume, so looks really natural. The thing is it smudges ridiculously easy, which for a high end mascara is ridiculous. Paying $19 for a mascara you don't expect it to smudge like that when cheap Maybelline ones don't. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Toyphee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

i bought this mascara seeing as benefit is higher range makeup and wanted to splash out yet when i applied it, the mascara seemed dry and not voluminous at all - i tried afew coats yet it just clogged together. this mascara is good for a natural look. not worth price at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by saem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this mascara, I have tried hundreds of different mascara's and this is by far my favourite. Every time I go to a sephora store I pickup another one of these because I know I'll go through it so fast. My eyelashes have amazing volume and thickness when I use this. I love big lashes and this does that for me without getting too clumpy and gross. The price is a little much for mascara IMO, but it's worth it. Totally happy with this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by ilovealmondjoys

This is a very so-so mascara for me. I feel like Maybelline's Full-n-soft has the same effect for half the price. Brush is HUGE. Makes me smudge mascara all over my eyelid. Very disappointing results compared to Benefit They're Real! (Which is my HG mascara). I will be passing this mascara along to my Aunt, who loves the more natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, look at the bad reviews here. Well, if you compare this with a lot of drugstore products, it is not that big of a deal in performance but I love it because of its brush and that it does not bother my eyes. When you first buy this, you have to do several layers and then see the effect. This is typical of majority of mascaras. After a while, the product works with one swipe. The black shade is very dark and beats all drugstore brands. Although it is not waterproof, it stays put. It can be removed by eye makeup cleansers easily. My lashes have not broken or look dry. This is a huge advantage compared to the mascaras sold in drugstores. I recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by tagme87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've heard good things about this mascara so I finally bought one when I found it at Ulta with an included free travel size. Unfortunately, I really was not impressed by it. The sales girl RAVED about it (even more than she did about the They're Real formula) and swore that the fat brush would give me lush, voluminous lashes. It built on itself pretty well and did not clump after a couple coats, but I do not feel like it did much for me as far as thickening goes. My lashes looked better than they do when bare, but were still fairly unremarkable. I have eyelashes that are naturally pretty dark and full, so perhaps this is better suited for someone with sparser/lighter lashes. I definitely will use up the tube, but most likely will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by emily0794

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bought this years ago and loved it. My recent purchase keeps giving me flakey panda eyes. Such a shame. Maybe they've changed the formula? I wouldn't repurchase now for that reason and also because it's hideously over priced

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by XxmzVickyxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a tester for this from my local boots and my gosh...I fell in love! I have just purchased the full size at 17.50 it's a bit pricey for what I consider high street but it's totally worth it! The brush is amazing it's fluffy and leaves no clumps, it gives great volume and length (even to my straight elephant lashes lol), definitely my HG mascara. The smell isn't to overpowering, just the typical 'mascara' smell and it's super black, definitely recommend if you're looking for an all round mascara!