April 20, 2014 | 920 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Jungle

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by LeMaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was awful for my hair. After two weeks of using it my hair felt like straw, and it is only just getting back to normal now. Even though the bar was wearing away (which meant it was going onto my hair), I did not feel as if I had conditioned my hair at all. It felt like I had just shampooed and left it. Do not use this if you have even slightly dry hair!

Once I decided to stop using it, I left it in the bathroom for a few days. I came home the other day and it had melted!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by blondevixentn

I really like the idea of a solid conditioner, and have been using the shampoo bars from Lush for a while. This conditioner left me wanting more. It was difficult to use, provided no lather or any indication that it was even on my hair. I loved the smell, but after use, my hair ended up more tangled than before. I spoke to a report at Lush who said it may work best to crumble some off the bar and mix with water, but even that mixture left my hair tangled and dry. I would much rather use a good liquid conditioner than this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Dianashh

Awful on my hair! absolutely no foam so it's very hard to spread on your hair, feels more like wax. I actually took it back to the store.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by rocksmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was absolutely awful on my hair. I tried using it initially in bar form, but the ends of my hair felt crunchy, like I hadn't used anything. After reading reviews on here I grated some and poured boiling water over it to make a cream. I only used as much as I needed to in cooperate it though my hair, but the results were terrible. I had wiry, coated doll hair and terrible canopy frizz. I think my hair just doesn't like butters or oils. I had to shampoo twice and use hot water to get my hair feeling like normal again.

It seems like I like the idea of Lush more than I like any of their actual products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've used this product before but wasn't impressed. After screening MUA reviews for "most helpful" and consulting a LUSH sales representative, I found out a way to make it work.

First I chop up the solid conditioner puck very finely with a sharp knife. While I am doing this I boil some water. As the water boils, I keep chopping everything up really finely -- the bits should be about half the size of raisins. I put all of the bits into an empty LUSH hair conditioner tub -- I used the H'Suan Wen Hua tub -- and then I pour the water over the solid conditioner. Keep pouring the hot water in until it comes up half an inch over the solid conditioner. Put the lid on the tub and leave it somewhere undisturbed overnight. The next day, open the tub and stir the contents. I found that there was a solid layer of... wax/cocoa butter(?)... floating on top. If this happens, add a bit more boiling water to the conditioner, stir it and leave it overnight again.

OK... now that you've had time (made time) to play with your conditioner, it should have the consistency of mashed avocado and you can use it.

I did not buy "Jungle" for detangling my hair, I have extremely straight hair that does not tangle when I shampoo it. What I need is a conditioner that moisturises my hair because my ends are dry (my scalp is oily). Lush's "Jungle" solid conditioner does that. I scoop a teaspoon of the melted conditioner out of the tub and rub it on the ends of my hair. I love the smell, which lingers after my hair dries. I find that after using this product for two days, my hair does not break off as easily when I brush it, it is also softer and moisturised.

Even though this product is really fussy to prepare, I will buy it again and again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Mellieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm writing this review only after I used up the whole bar (look a little over a month). So I've had the opportunity to experiment using it different ways.

That being said I did not like Jungle. I found it did nothing for my thick, dry, frizzy hair. Once out of the shower my hair is left a tangled mess that takes more effort than it should when using a conditioner to brush out.

I think it would be ok for people with normal to thin hair but for us thick haired girls, there are much better products out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by pinkhoglet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it, love it! When I put it in my hair, it doesn't seem to do anything. But then when I've dried my hair.....wow!
I used Redken for many many years, which is very expensive and tested on animals. Now I've got my Jungle-bar, which is sooooo much better. (& cheaper & not tested on animals) My hair is very long, thick and frizzy, but with Jungle it's so much softer, no frizz. And it doesn't leave my hair oily.
And of course....the smell....it's heaven....

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

If you like the scent of resale shops who burn incense or whatever to cover the smell of 2nd hand clothing, then you would like the hippie scent of this one. I am not a fan of the scent at all, but that's just a personal preference..

But ok, let's talk product. I have long, very thick, semi frizzy hair... and it was just way too much effort to get this pliable and workable. I probably wasted alot more water standing around in the shower to make this bar conditioner work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 6:44:00 PM More reviews by OMG3kids

I really love this conditioner. I have baby-thin, limp hair but this conditioner doesn't weigh it down. Bouncy and shiny after using this! I bought the tin, and store a cut in half cake of Jungle in my shower. Rub it on my hair like a bar of soap, or once it starts to kinda melt after a week or so I just scoop a tiny bit out of the tin and use it like that. Cutting the cake in half is essential; it makes it last longer, and makes it easier to remove from the tin for use. My daughters use this conditioner too, and really like it. Smells lovely!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Lucyrosee

Was recommended by a lot of people - and the sales reps in store that this was the go-to solid conditioner... but I didn't think much of it. I usually use it once a month with Lush's BIG Shampoo and I find that Jungle doesn't give my hair as much conditioning as it needs and usually combine it with my shop-bought conditioners. It's a shame, I love the idea, smell and look of this product.