October 25, 2014 | 862 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Jungle

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Bagsy85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have dry/damaged hair...then don't use this.
I'm a massive fan of Lush, so I was pretty peeved when this conditioner left me looking like a rather surprised scarecrow.
It left my hair dry AND looking like it needed a good wash.
Also, it itched. It itched like I had an army of lice in my nest. Not a very attractive look, me clawing at my head.. that is.
Maybe someone with greasy/oily/fine hair would love this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love how there's no packaging with this product and I love how it's so brilliant for travelling.
What I didn't love is the smell and more importantly how dry it left my hair feeling. I didn't get any nourishment from jungle at all. I couldn't run a comb through my hair in the shower or after rinsing it out. I tried waiting until the morning before brushing because I read that somewhere but by the morning my hair was a mess!
I've cut mine in half and given it to my sister to try but I think we both agreed we'll use it when camping or travelling but that's about it. I won't repurchase this one.
As for usage: I warmed it under the hot shower than rubbed it between my hands until it lathered a bit the put it in my hair. I don't have an issue with the application of the product, just the lack of moisturising qualities..and it's a bit stinky!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Lana1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I just LOVE the green earthy tropical scent and the fact that this scent stays on my hair for ages.
It's quite easy to use, just cream it up in your hands and run those hands through your hair. It instantly detangles mine and makes it easy to manage without making it too greasy. I must add that my hair barely needs any conditioning, so people with drier hair might not like this as much.
I took one lippie off because I find it very difficult to store. It easily melts when becoming too hot. I'm considering to mix it with boiling water in an empty Lush tub, like some reviewers here have sugested.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the first solid conditioner I have ever tried, and honestly, I don't think I'll ever try another one. It really didn't help my hair feel any softer, or look any smoother. I might as well not even condition. I like the scent, so I'll give it 2 points for that.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by LeMaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was awful for my hair. After two weeks of using it my hair felt like straw, and it is only just getting back to normal now. Even though the bar was wearing away (which meant it was going onto my hair), I did not feel as if I had conditioned my hair at all. It felt like I had just shampooed and left it. Do not use this if you have even slightly dry hair!

Once I decided to stop using it, I left it in the bathroom for a few days. I came home the other day and it had melted!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by blondevixentn

I really like the idea of a solid conditioner, and have been using the shampoo bars from Lush for a while. This conditioner left me wanting more. It was difficult to use, provided no lather or any indication that it was even on my hair. I loved the smell, but after use, my hair ended up more tangled than before. I spoke to a report at Lush who said it may work best to crumble some off the bar and mix with water, but even that mixture left my hair tangled and dry. I would much rather use a good liquid conditioner than this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Dianashh

Awful on my hair! absolutely no foam so it's very hard to spread on your hair, feels more like wax. I actually took it back to the store.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by rocksmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was absolutely awful on my hair. I tried using it initially in bar form, but the ends of my hair felt crunchy, like I hadn't used anything. After reading reviews on here I grated some and poured boiling water over it to make a cream. I only used as much as I needed to in cooperate it though my hair, but the results were terrible. I had wiry, coated doll hair and terrible canopy frizz. I think my hair just doesn't like butters or oils. I had to shampoo twice and use hot water to get my hair feeling like normal again.

It seems like I like the idea of Lush more than I like any of their actual products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've used this product before but wasn't impressed. After screening MUA reviews for "most helpful" and consulting a LUSH sales representative, I found out a way to make it work.

First I chop up the solid conditioner puck very finely with a sharp knife. While I am doing this I boil some water. As the water boils, I keep chopping everything up really finely -- the bits should be about half the size of raisins. I put all of the bits into an empty LUSH hair conditioner tub -- I used the H'Suan Wen Hua tub -- and then I pour the water over the solid conditioner. Keep pouring the hot water in until it comes up half an inch over the solid conditioner. Put the lid on the tub and leave it somewhere undisturbed overnight. The next day, open the tub and stir the contents. I found that there was a solid layer of... wax/cocoa butter(?)... floating on top. If this happens, add a bit more boiling water to the conditioner, stir it and leave it overnight again.

OK... now that you've had time (made time) to play with your conditioner, it should have the consistency of mashed avocado and you can use it.

I did not buy "Jungle" for detangling my hair, I have extremely straight hair that does not tangle when I shampoo it. What I need is a conditioner that moisturises my hair because my ends are dry (my scalp is oily). Lush's "Jungle" solid conditioner does that. I scoop a teaspoon of the melted conditioner out of the tub and rub it on the ends of my hair. I love the smell, which lingers after my hair dries. I find that after using this product for two days, my hair does not break off as easily when I brush it, it is also softer and moisturised.

Even though this product is really fussy to prepare, I will buy it again and again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Mellieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm writing this review only after I used up the whole bar (look a little over a month). So I've had the opportunity to experiment using it different ways.

That being said I did not like Jungle. I found it did nothing for my thick, dry, frizzy hair. Once out of the shower my hair is left a tangled mess that takes more effort than it should when using a conditioner to brush out.

I think it would be ok for people with normal to thin hair but for us thick haired girls, there are much better products out there.