December 20, 2014 | 894 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Jungle

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by JasmineSparkle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I got this a while back, loving the smell in the shop. (Huge Lush fan, by the way!)
I was so excited having never used any Lush hair products before, so I instantly used it by scrubbing it onto my hair and rubbing it into my hands then combing through my hair. It didn't feel like much but I had high hopes.
I got out of the shower. And nothing. My hair was dry. It didn't have that conditioned feel and I actually climbed back in and re-conditioned. Disappointed.
It sat in a tin for a while when I was sitting in the bath and remembered someone saying it would be a good shaving cream. As I was just about to shave, I gave it a try and I am telling you, this is a great shaving cream! Probably could get better, but I'm very happy that I now have a way to use up the bar.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by clarkesac1985

I am a avid lover of Lush products and am hard pressed to find ones that I don't like or that don't impress me, but I am sad to say that I could not get behind this solid conditioner.

For many, they can either use in the shower as directed or have found alternative methods to using the product by flaking the conditioner, adding boiling water and making a paste. I have tried both and just don't find that this particular products works well for me. I have long, wavy, thick hair and no matter how I used the product, it just didn't seem to give the result I was looking for.

The positive here is that although it might not have worked as a conditioner, I have been using the remainder as shaving cream! It actually works quite well and seems to leave my skin nice and soft.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Rowdysmomma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I loved the idea of a solid conditioner to go with my solid shampoo so when my bar of Jungle came in the mail I couldn't wait to hop in the shower and give it a try. First off, I find the smell extremely strong, disgusting and patchouli like. Secondly as soon as I came out of the shower I noticed a warm, burning itchy rash appearing wherever it had touched my skin. Lastly, I didn't find that it conditioned my hair particularly well.Lush was great about returning the product, but it was a flop for me. Although there are some Lush products I wouldn't buy again Jungle is the only product I can say I detest.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Bagsy85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have dry/damaged hair...then don't use this.
I'm a massive fan of Lush, so I was pretty peeved when this conditioner left me looking like a rather surprised scarecrow.
It left my hair dry AND looking like it needed a good wash.
Also, it itched. It itched like I had an army of lice in my nest. Not a very attractive look, me clawing at my head.. that is.
Maybe someone with greasy/oily/fine hair would love this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love how there's no packaging with this product and I love how it's so brilliant for travelling.
What I didn't love is the smell and more importantly how dry it left my hair feeling. I didn't get any nourishment from jungle at all. I couldn't run a comb through my hair in the shower or after rinsing it out. I tried waiting until the morning before brushing because I read that somewhere but by the morning my hair was a mess!
I've cut mine in half and given it to my sister to try but I think we both agreed we'll use it when camping or travelling but that's about it. I won't repurchase this one.
As for usage: I warmed it under the hot shower than rubbed it between my hands until it lathered a bit the put it in my hair. I don't have an issue with the application of the product, just the lack of moisturising qualities..and it's a bit stinky!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Lana1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. I just LOVE the green earthy tropical scent and the fact that this scent stays on my hair for ages.
It's quite easy to use, just cream it up in your hands and run those hands through your hair. It instantly detangles mine and makes it easy to manage without making it too greasy. I must add that my hair barely needs any conditioning, so people with drier hair might not like this as much.
I took one lippie off because I find it very difficult to store. It easily melts when becoming too hot. I'm considering to mix it with boiling water in an empty Lush tub, like some reviewers here have sugested.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by sarahhjosephinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the first solid conditioner I have ever tried, and honestly, I don't think I'll ever try another one. It really didn't help my hair feel any softer, or look any smoother. I might as well not even condition. I like the scent, so I'll give it 2 points for that.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by LeMaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was awful for my hair. After two weeks of using it my hair felt like straw, and it is only just getting back to normal now. Even though the bar was wearing away (which meant it was going onto my hair), I did not feel as if I had conditioned my hair at all. It felt like I had just shampooed and left it. Do not use this if you have even slightly dry hair!

Once I decided to stop using it, I left it in the bathroom for a few days. I came home the other day and it had melted!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by blondevixentn

I really like the idea of a solid conditioner, and have been using the shampoo bars from Lush for a while. This conditioner left me wanting more. It was difficult to use, provided no lather or any indication that it was even on my hair. I loved the smell, but after use, my hair ended up more tangled than before. I spoke to a report at Lush who said it may work best to crumble some off the bar and mix with water, but even that mixture left my hair tangled and dry. I would much rather use a good liquid conditioner than this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Dianashh

Awful on my hair! absolutely no foam so it's very hard to spread on your hair, feels more like wax. I actually took it back to the store.