LUSH Jungle

3.3

Cocoa Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Avocado Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Perfume, Soya Lecithin, Figs, Bananas, Passion Fruit, Kumquats, Kiwi Fruit, Cetrimonium Bromide, Ylang Ylang Oil, Vetivert Oil, Cypress Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Chlorophyll, Limonene, Linalool

on 5/25/2013 4:24:00 AM

Jungle doesn't seem to be very popular amongst the Lush fans and I can see why, if not used adequately it can really mess one's hair. My first use was an absolute disaster, left me with dry, tangled and dirty looking hair, no one wants that right! But having great faith in Lush and loving the smell of this conditioner bar I owed it a second chance and maybe even a few more. I finally nailed it last night, and oh boy am I happy. The way to use it is to apply it like a hair mask. In fairness one needs quite a bit but well worth it and, lets be honest, it's not the most expensive conditioner out there. So I applied it once it reached it's paste aspect, result achieved after breaking it in little pieces and squeezing in my hands, and left it in my hair whilst I washed, scrubbed and so on. Trust me I had my doubts, was this method going to make my hair greasy? Was it going to leave it dry and straw looking? Neither of those happened, I was left with soft, beautifully fragranced hair, that's if you like the Jungle smell, and easy to untangle. My hair is fair, thin and very long by the way. This morning my hair still smells nice and is soft. I can only encourage you to try it again and give it another try, if the mask method doesn't work for you use it as a shaving cream, or, as I love the smell so much, I sometimes rub the bar on my forearm just for the perfume but that could be seen as a little weird.

I'm a little baffled by all the bad reviews of Jungle on here. I bought this on a whim while I was there. I can never walk away empty handed. I got home and checked out the reviews and was pretty sad, but of course I had to try it for myself. I get what people are saying about it not lathering and it seeming like no product is getting into the hair, or people over doing it and it getting greasy after. I took that into consideration on my first try. I wet the bar and stoked it from my roots to the ends twice an then concentrated on my ends as my hair is quite damaged. I did maybe 3 good rubs on the ends and then tied my hair up while I went about the rest of my shower routine then came back to it and washed it out quote thoroughly. I was a little disappointed because there wasn't a noticeable softness to it while wet. I let my hair air dry and that's when I saw the magic! My hair was noticeable softer and super shiny! It's all about finding the right amount to use depending on your hair. Trial and error. I can see how it can get frustrating and discourage people from giving it another go, but once you find out how many times to rub into your hair, you're set. If you have the patience to experiment with it, I'd say its worth it. My hair looks and smells fantastic. I love the smell! And it does work as a shaving cream too!

UPDATE: So it's been a week and I'm absolutely in love with this! I bought a little tin for my seanik shampoo but now I'm using it to keep Jungle in it as it holds a bit of moisture - bad for bar shampoo, GOOD for Jungle! If it sits in its water drippings from use (not in a ton of water) it makes it easier to use and I can actually see the product rub off on my hair which helps in knowing the amount to use for my hair, obviously. But my hair is crazy shiny and soft. I think I've figured it out and I couldn't be happier. Change my 4 lippies to 5! Give it a chance before you melt it down. It'll last longer in bar form.

So I got this a while back, loving the smell in the shop. (Huge Lush fan, by the way!)
I was so excited having never used any Lush hair products before, so I instantly used it by scrubbing it onto my hair and rubbing it into my hands then combing through my hair. It didn't feel like much but I had high hopes.
I got out of the shower. And nothing. My hair was dry. It didn't have that conditioned feel and I actually climbed back in and re-conditioned. Disappointed.
It sat in a tin for a while when I was sitting in the bath and remembered someone saying it would be a good shaving cream. As I was just about to shave, I gave it a try and I am telling you, this is a great shaving cream! Probably could get better, but I'm very happy that I now have a way to use up the bar.

on 3/25/2013 11:44:00 AM

I am a avid lover of Lush products and am hard pressed to find ones that I don't like or that don't impress me, but I am sad to say that I could not get behind this solid conditioner.

For many, they can either use in the shower as directed or have found alternative methods to using the product by flaking the conditioner, adding boiling water and making a paste. I have tried both and just don't find that this particular products works well for me. I have long, wavy, thick hair and no matter how I used the product, it just didn't seem to give the result I was looking for.

The positive here is that although it might not have worked as a conditioner, I have been using the remainder as shaving cream! It actually works quite well and seems to leave my skin nice and soft.

on 3/20/2013 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I loved the idea of a solid conditioner to go with my solid shampoo so when my bar of Jungle came in the mail I couldn't wait to hop in the shower and give it a try. First off, I find the smell extremely strong, disgusting and patchouli like. Secondly as soon as I came out of the shower I noticed a warm, burning itchy rash appearing wherever it had touched my skin. Lastly, I didn't find that it conditioned my hair particularly well.Lush was great about returning the product, but it was a flop for me. Although there are some Lush products I wouldn't buy again Jungle is the only product I can say I detest.

on 3/18/2013 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

If you have dry/damaged hair...then don't use this.
I'm a massive fan of Lush, so I was pretty peeved when this conditioner left me looking like a rather surprised scarecrow.
It left my hair dry AND looking like it needed a good wash.
Also, it itched. It itched like I had an army of lice in my nest. Not a very attractive look, me clawing at my head.. that is.
Maybe someone with greasy/oily/fine hair would love this.

on 3/14/2013 12:34:00 AM

I love how there's no packaging with this product and I love how it's so brilliant for travelling.
What I didn't love is the smell and more importantly how dry it left my hair feeling. I didn't get any nourishment from jungle at all. I couldn't run a comb through my hair in the shower or after rinsing it out. I tried waiting until the morning before brushing because I read that somewhere but by the morning my hair was a mess!
I've cut mine in half and given it to my sister to try but I think we both agreed we'll use it when camping or travelling but that's about it. I won't repurchase this one.
As for usage: I warmed it under the hot shower than rubbed it between my hands until it lathered a bit the put it in my hair. I don't have an issue with the application of the product, just the lack of moisturising qualities..and it's a bit stinky!

on 2/16/2013 11:20:00 AM

I really like this product. I just LOVE the green earthy tropical scent and the fact that this scent stays on my hair for ages.
It's quite easy to use, just cream it up in your hands and run those hands through your hair. It instantly detangles mine and makes it easy to manage without making it too greasy. I must add that my hair barely needs any conditioning, so people with drier hair might not like this as much.
I took one lippie off because I find it very difficult to store. It easily melts when becoming too hot. I'm considering to mix it with boiling water in an empty Lush tub, like some reviewers here have sugested.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is the first solid conditioner I have ever tried, and honestly, I don't think I'll ever try another one. It really didn't help my hair feel any softer, or look any smoother. I might as well not even condition. I like the scent, so I'll give it 2 points for that.

on 2/8/2013 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This was awful for my hair. After two weeks of using it my hair felt like straw, and it is only just getting back to normal now. Even though the bar was wearing away (which meant it was going onto my hair), I did not feel as if I had conditioned my hair at all. It felt like I had just shampooed and left it. Do not use this if you have even slightly dry hair!

Once I decided to stop using it, I left it in the bathroom for a few days. I came home the other day and it had melted!

Top Rated LUSH Products