September 2, 2014 | 1945 users online

Foundations - Erno Laszlo - Absolute Finish Finishing Mousse Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 5:45:00 AM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. Its not perfect but its really really close! It is a mousse texture which is really light and I LOVE how it disappears into your skin as you swirl it in (I just put it on with my fingers). It really helps cover up my pores, and it neutralizes all the redness in my skin. It evens out the tone without looking cakey or ashey, and although it DOES let oil seep in about a couple of hours, a dusting of powder fixes that, or a blot paper. I really like the finish, its unlike anything else Ive tried. The color match is perfect, its actually better than my Lancome Teint Idole which is surprising since I always seem to go back to Lancome after experimenting with everything else. This might be the exception.
I didnt give it a perfect score because it does let the oilies come back a little quicker than what Im used to and I wish it would hold them back longer.

For a truly beautiful finish, top this off with the duophase face powder. Regardless of your skin type (I have oily skin and duophase is for dry skin, but it looks AWESOME on me and doesnt cake me up), it will give you an airbrushed glow without caking, building up, settling in your pores, or making your skin excessively oily. Absolute great pairing of foundation and powder.

I have fair ethnic skin with both yellow and pink tones, brown hair and brown eyes. I use this in Bisque which is perfect, it matches my face AND neck which is insanely rare.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2007 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Dawdlebean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Probably the best foundation I have ever used. I use shade Porcelain, as I am very pale with no tan ( here in UK), and it is a fantastic match to my complexion. It is a water-free mousse, and it glides on beautifully. I dot it over my skin and blend it with my fingers and finish with the Duo Phase translucent powder. The foundation lasts all day, and it makes my skin look flawless. Is is quite expensive, especially as I have tp pay import tax, but a jar lasts me about 6 months and that is with everyday use. I have tried a couple of other foundation along the way, but I always come back to this one because it is easily my favourite. Well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by pappy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS MY HG, FOR THE TIME BEING. AND SUMMER. l OVE THE SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT FEEL, EASE OF APPLICATION. NO RUNNY LIQUIDS. AND THE COVERAGE IS GOOD. NOT COMPLETE BUT MED TO FULL. AND WITH THE AIRBRUSH END RESuLT IT IS WORTH THE TRADE FROM MY COMPLETE COVERAGE FOUNDATIONS, LIKE COMPLETE COVER FROM E.L.. THIS MOUSE TEXTURE IS NOTHING NEW, BUT THIS BRAND IS THE BEST. I FOUND RAMY ALMOST AS GOOD. BUT THAT IS BETTER FOR OILIER SKIN. MINE IS COMBO. I USE A SHINE REDUCING PRIMER ON THE T-ZONE. AND THE REST A SILICONE. BIT THIS IS THE BOMB FOR FAKING NATURAL LOOKING SKIN. i USE SAND (MED TONE) AND WILL BUY THE TAN FOR A TANNER LOOK. DO NOT LIKE PACKAGING OR THE PRICE THOUGH. OTHERWISE, LOVEEEEEEEEE IT!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by bonjourlune

When you put this stuff on right- its nothing but flawless skin. I have slightly dry skin that can be flaky, so I usually exfoliate and moisturize heavily before I put this stuff on. Also you can't slather this stuff on. I take very little and just dab on VERY small dots evenly across my face and very lightly blend it in to my skin. It didn't break out my skin, but I don't wear this everyday. Just when I go out.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2007 11:28:00 PM More reviews by kisa228

I really wanted to like this and I feel so bad for leaving a bad review. I had read the raving reviews for this make-up and so I went out and bought it. It went on like a dream and I thought I had found my HG foundation. Sadly after I washed it off and went to bed the next morning I woke up a major break-out all over my face! I think my skin had a bad reaction to the salicylic acid in this....go figure. So I will definitely not buy this again. I really like the concept of a mousse foundation but if is going to break me out forget it. So I guess I will have to keep on searching for my HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2007 5:35:00 PM More reviews by ginaychen

hey what's wrong with me? i hate to screw up the good rating here but it's just not right for me!! it caused me break out right after i used, and it's so hard to spread. it sits on my pores and feels and looks like i'm having a mask on! the experience is horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2007 9:45:00 AM More reviews by chaneladdict

I have only been using this foundation for a week but I am very impressed. I bought this from ebay after reading the reviews and tried porcelain based on others reviews. It is a very good match for my winter pale skin and the texture is great. I have trouble finding foundation that will stay on my oil slick skin but this stayed put and stayed matt looking even after a hard session in the gym, amazing! What I really love though is the ease of application just blend in with fingers, add more where more coverage is needed and as another reviewer has said can even be used as a concealer, I have been using it to cover up some acne on my jaw line. I like the sheerness of the coverage as I hate to look like I'm wearing foundation, this is definately a keeper, so much so I have just purchased buff for the summer months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2007 9:04:00 AM More reviews by hellolizzie3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this yesterday based on the reviews here. I agree that this is an expensive foundation. The container is very small and it is $50. However, being a little older I can afford it if it is worth it, and it is. It is a waterless mousse, emmollient and slightly fluffy. A tiny bit goes a very long way. The coverage is moderate-to-full, very soft, and did not sit in my pores which is often a problem with me when using non-liquid foundations. It also did not cake in the slight lines on my forehead, which is a common problem. I bought this at Nordstrom, and being that this is a luxury line, the wonderful woman working there sent me away with 4 very decent sized samples of Laszlo products, which I cannot wait to try!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2007 1:41:00 PM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am 52 years young and have been searching frantically for a foundation that would work for me now. Actually I bought the Erno Laszlo tinted moisturizer in Fair in after I went to Neiman Marcus to try this. Upon sight, the lightest shade in this looked to be too dark in the jar and the rep from Lazlo, had said there was no tester, so I tried the tinted moisturizer and was very impressed. I had already said I would take it, at $38, I was satified it was worth it. Then she found the tester for this mousse in the lightest shade and scooped it out and put in a tiny container, which I have since thrown out, only because after trying it at home, I decided it must be old as it was very dry. But the color and texture, albeit a tad dry, was awesome! UPDATE-I bought it and it was $50, it was worth it or so I thought, but after wearing it for a week, I have found it not to match my pale skin and also it appears to have caused whiteheads. Going back!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2007 9:42:00 PM More reviews by England1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product sight unseen based on these reviews, for a great price off ebay. I was a little hesitant, felt like purchasing cosmetics from ebay was a bit like buying undies at Goodwill (not to mention the choosing a color online issue) . .but the seller had lots of great feedback. I'm SO glad I decided to just "go for it!" When I first opened the tub I was a little shocked that "porcelain" looked so dark, but once applied with a foundation brush it's a very good match to my pale skin. The texture and smooshy smoothness of this foundation is a DREAM, it feels just lovely going on and the finish lasts all day. Good coverage, but not heavy feeling or cakey looking at all. If I have to pay full price next time I purchase, I will, and that's saying something, as I'm cheap. This is a lovely, lovely product and worth the money.