Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Not a bad mascara, but 'high impact' it is not. It doesn't build up much volume, it lengthens only slightly, and doesn't separate lashes to the extent that they look fluffy. 1-2 coats is the sweet spot, beyond that it gets clumpy. Given all this I find it mediocre for the price point. The colour is a lighter black but I find it well suited to day looks when I don't want much drama. A good option to darken and lightly define bottom lashes, because even though it's not waterproof, it's not runny or smudgy (on my dryer skin).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of my favorite mascaras.
I have naturally long eye lashes and extreme mascaras make me look like somewhat of a clown.
This is a mascara that doesn't clamp lashes together, so it gives a really natural look, easy to remove but also long lasting.

I have repurchased this twice already.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

One of my very first high end purchases was the Clinique High Impact mascara. I've always had sensitive eyes, but more so when I started to wear contacts. As such, the first time I went to Sephora, this was a recommended brand for me. After reading several reviews, I decided to go ahead and get this.

Since then, I'm currently on my third tube. Although it is pricey for something that you should really only be using for 3 months, I like this mascara for several reasons:

1. It comes in a black/brown variety. I have ash blonde/very light brunette hair, so black looks really out of place and stark on my lashes. Wearing more of a brown color helps reduce the harshness and look more "natural."

2. It does not upset my sensitive diva eyes. I have worn this through tearing up, and while I normally do not purchase the waterproof, if I do, it doesn't make my eyes burn or tear even further.

3. I already have fairly long lashes. What I really need is something that adds some volume. This does an OK job. It doesn't really blow me out of the water like the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes does as far as anything else goes, but it gets the job done and looks good enough for every day and professional settings.

As far as other properties go: I don't have an issue with it holding a curl. Separating is OK, when it starts to dry out or get older and it starts to clump my lashes, that's when I throw it away. As far as building, it does a pretty solid job. I don't really have issues with clumping with this formula, but that's only when it's fresh.

Overall, if you're looking for a good, solid every day mascara, look no further, particularly if you already have long lashes.

Pros:

- Available in black and black/brown
- Good for sensitive eyes
- Adds some volume
- Clumps only when dried out
- Builds well

Cons:

- Does not add length
- Only holds curl and separates OK
- Does clump when dry
- Middle-end pricing at $16.50 for something that should last 3 months and unavailable in travel size

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Totally average. Did nothing to lengthen my lashes. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product was really average. It didn't do anything spectacular for my lashes, especially given the price, and there are plenty of other cheaper drug store mascaras that are definitely 10 ties better than this one. I found the formulation to be quite wet, therefore messy, and gets all over my lid or the underneath of my eye.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

you have to dry the mascara then it is really good

This Mascara is GREAT! My lashes didnt clump and it didnt give me "rackoon eyes". If I found a good technique of removing this, I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Brilliant mascara, but as I've said previously on higher priced mascaras I wouldn't repurchase as I find a lot of the high street mascaras to be just as good but a lot cheaper.

Volumised and lengthened my lashes really well.

This is probably my all-time favorite. It doesn't clump or flake, lasts all day, and it gives me the long lashes I've always wanted. My eyes can be sensitive, and Clinique mascara has always worked well for me.

The mascara I was using before this was the benefit they're real mascara. Then when I used this mascara I was shocked at how much better it was. It wasn't clumpy and it lasts a long time. It's also much easier to take off than the benefit mascara and it's very black which is what I was looking for. It makes my eyelashes so much longer.

Popular Mascaras