Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 1/24/2015 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Boo! I wouldn't gift this to my worst enemy. Ok, I exaggerate - but I am trying to get a point across here. That point being this is a pretty cr@ppy product.

First off, the shade off black is one of the lightest shades of black I have ever encountered- its very... um, I dunno, dull? A little hard to explain but that turned me off right away. Secondly, what do they mean by "High Impact"? I got absolutely no lengthening or volume out of this product. There was absolutely nothing impressive abt this product, even when I curled my lashes about 35 times. Lame!

I am soooo glad I got the sample version of this. I really am a Clinique fan so at some point in my lifetime as an over spender I am sure I would have paid the $17 to try the full size and I woulda been mad as heck. There are so many drug store brand mascaras that knock this out of the box. Do yourself a solid and stay away from this product.

on 1/14/2015 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this mascara from Clinique, because the naturally glossy is not available in the Netherlands anymore, bummer.
It is a nice smudge free mascara that comes of easily. It doesn't make impressive lashes, but that is also not what I want. Before it was finished it became a bit thick and didn't seperate my lashed very well anymore, but that happens with a lot of mascaras.

on 1/10/2015 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I was prepared to dislike this since other Clinique mascaras I've tried have been unremarkable, but I was pleasantly surprised! Goes on really smoothly, and builds a lot of volume without getting clumpy at all.

on 1/8/2015 11:10:00 PM

I like the pigment of this mascara and the wand was okay too. I have to really layer this product to get more lengthening and volume, but it is doable with about three coats. I would not repurchase this product, but I do not mind having it in stock.

on 1/8/2015 7:12:00 PM

This is my HG!!! The price is so amazing for the quality. I suddenly couldn't wear drugstore mascara one day (without raccoon eyes, waterproof versions or not) and had to bid farewell to my former cheaper HG loreal voluminous, which is super amazing if you can wear without raccoon effect.

I was worried that I'd have to spend $$$$$ to fix this problem, but this is certainly not bad at all price wise compared to other non raccoon mascaras. Also it's build able from conservative to super thick. Thank you for saving me clinique!!

on 1/3/2015 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Overall, I'd rate this mascara 4.5 lipsticks and in all honesty, I never thought I'd give such a high rating to a Clinique mascara.
I had a gwp size of the High Impact mascara and decided to try it and while I was prepared to dislike it, I was pleasantly surprised. The mascara goes on very smoothly and gives great length and I can build up volume without clumps. It also gives my lashes a glossy finish and there are no flakes, smudges or smears. The mascara is a gel formula as opposed to the traditional cream type and this is probably why it doesn't smudge like most cream formula mascaras do.
I'd give it five lipsticks if it gave just a tad bit more volume but I can overlook this because this mascara actually keeps the curl in place and gives a nice, feathery lash look.
Removal is easy with eye makeup remover.
It is pricey but not as expensive as Lancome, Chanel or other department store mascaras and with the rising cost of drugstore makeup, $19 CAD isn't that much more expensive than the L'Oreal mascaras which run from $11 to $15 CAD.
I hope this mascara is included in the next Clinique gwp but I'd still purchase the full size.

EDIT to add: I've just used up a full size tube of this mascara and unfortunately, it's not as good as the gwp size. I think cosmetic companies do this on purpose to persuade consumers to buy the full size. The gwp size has a nice formula but the full size tube isn't quite the same.
Okay, I think it's back to L'Oreal Voluminous.

on 12/14/2014 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I got a free sample of this and have been trialing it for a couple of weeks and it's pretty much okay but nothing special when you consider the full RRP price. It clumps a fair and doesn't really make my lashes look that long. It does last well and is quite hard to remove but I think for the price you'd pay there's a lot better cheap and high end ones to spend money on.

on 12/9/2014 3:40:00 PM

So far best mascara I have ever tried! Highly reccomend!

on 12/3/2014 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have stubby Asian lashes, some of which point downwards. I did not find this mascara to have much of an impact. It did coat my lashes which emphasized them a little (like any other mascara does) but did not add the dramatic amount of volume promised. I did find the wand was easy to use and there was never too much product on it. It was also easy to layer (no clumps), and looked believable.

For someone with long lashes or naturally curly lashes to begin with, this might make a good everyday option. However, I think this product is a miss if you're looking for more volume or curl-holding properties.

on 11/27/2014 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS MASCARA. I got this in the deluxe sample size for my birthday from a family friend, and I LOVE IT. It is seriously, amazing. It doesn't clump, it gives amazing length and volume to my lashes. It separates them really really well. Overall, probably my holy grail mascara, it's is flipping amazing and I recommend if to everyone. ❤️

Popular Mascaras