October 26, 2014 | 1214 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Creamy Moisturizing Oil

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by OHNOSOPHiE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the smell. It's like sweet almond but it's not overpowering. The texture when you rub it on is so nice. The consistency isn't oily/greasy at all. But this nothing. My hands are super dry after using this. I would not buy again even though I really love the smell. The lavender Aveeno (stress relief) works so much better

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by SoCalNanny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to see this product! I love body lotions and body oils, so I thought finally i wont have to make my own concoctions! Alas...even this is not enough for my dry skin, I'm going to keep it but I have to add some Vitamin E oil (My skin is very dry and starts to feeling itchy if I don't put lotion immediately following a shower and after applying this I'm still itchy. It does smells quite nice. But my search for a creamy moisturizing lotion continues...

**EDIT** 02/24/12 I found my receipt and returned it to Target. I'm not one with sensitive skin. But this Aveeno one made me itch like crazy! I was sad to return but knew that this was the only new product I had been using and was the culprit.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by yeongji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to be someone who would only apply hand cream once every one to two weeks, but after I began working in a hospital where hand hygiene is very important, my hands can get rather dry if I do not apply hand cream once every few days. I have tried a bunch of other creams, but this product is the only one that works for me, especially after coming home from a long day at work. I must admit that it does not help much when it comes to parts of my body like my extremely dry elbows or legs, but nothing has.. and at least this really helps my hands. After using it once, my hands are back to being soft again for a few days. The smell is definitely a bonus, too! I always take a sniff before I apply it on myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by hikaruminmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i really like this on moderately dry days. on super dry days it would be like i didn't apply this at all. my skin would get papery and ashy within a couple of hours. but other than that, when used on the proper days, it makes my skin feel and smell really good. i hate feeling greasy, which is what the Aveeno lotion in the blue color does to me. this one absorbs fast and smells so good! i usually don't like almondy smells but i like this because it's light and not overwhelming at all. plus i think my boyfriend really likes the smell. he tends to like light, sweet scents, and he loves almond jello :D

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by PremierT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I quite like this body lotion but I wouldn't buy it again. It is fairly moisturising and it sinks in very quickly does not leave a greasy feel at all but the scent, while nice, is very very strong. And it doesn't moisturise any better than other cheaper DS products. I did like the pump applicator which is easier and cleaner to use, especially with wet hands, but it prevent you easily getting to the last bit of product and given the price of this product I wasn't willing to waste it. It's not moisturising enough for me during the winter and has no SPF for summer so again it was nice, but I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by LizWords

I agree with most of the other reviewers, this is a decent everyday moisturizer, non-greasy and smells of almonds and vanilla. I don't actually use this daily, more like once a week or so, I prefer unscented lotions and only use this when I want to smell like it because it does have quite a strong scent. I also agree that if you have very dry skin that this will not add enough moisture. I do love the sheen it gives my skin, thanks to the oil formulation. I think this is the best "oil" body moisturizer because it sinks right in and isn't greasy. I will repurchase, but I wish it was a bit cheaper or bigger because I do have to use a lot at one time.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by themeanreds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a good basic body lotion. It isn't the most moisturizing and doesn't have any fancy treatment ingredients but it absorbs well and the subtle vanilla almond scent is just delicious; it coordinates so well with so many fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 5:43:00 AM More reviews by dusice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favourite body moisturizers! It's an oil, so it really is deep moisturizing, but there is something in the formulation that makes this oil totally absorb into the skin. I just love this product and would recommend it to sensitive skin types (no reaction even with the light nice fragrance). It's good for day wear under the clothes because, unlike most body moisturizers, this one COMPLETELY absorbs into the skin, making it the ideal morning lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by softasnails

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite lotion for my very dry legs and my skin feels moisturized for 24 hrs. I don't care much for it for my hands but every where else this works great and I love the soft vanilla smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this yesterday on sale for $8cdn and have to say wow. I have dry skin and frequently use thick body butters and oils. I typically shower at night and wake up the next morning with dry skin. I applied this after my shower and my skin didn't feel tight or parched the next day at all. I am very impressed. I do apply this a few times however, but that's not a hassle since it absorbs quickly.
This absorbs quickly, not sticky at all. The scent isn't my favourite but it's not bad. A warm almond-y scent, fades quickly. This also leaves a nice sheen to the body after you apply it. For someone with dry skin this is great for spring/summer.