October 31, 2014 | 779 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Midnight Cowboy Rides Again

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by missascloset

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I went into Ulta last New Years to look at some Make Up before my cousin and I hosted our party. We found this, both put it on, and were surprised that it lasted all day, afternoon, and night!
I am a big UD fan. I love that this color is not too glittery, and not too dark as it looks in the packaging. I have had mine almost a year and it barely has a dent in it, and I wear it 3-4 days a week.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in the NYC palette. I don't think this color is exceptionally pretty, and the glitter fall out is horrible. I will try it again using Fix +, maybe that will help.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by studiodummies

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just got this and really like it as I like all the Urban Decay stuff I get. I especially like all these "midnight" this and that ones - the only one I'm missing now is "Midnight Cowgirl," so that's next on the list. This is a very shimmery, sparkly, somewhat metallic medium bronze color, which is really pretty. Now what I find that works best when applying these types of eyeshadow is to either use your finger or a sponge-tip applicator, not a brush, which UD also recommends. And with your more heavier shimmer shadows I also found that using UDPP along with Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy really make them perform great and give an extra "oompf" - also, when I know I'm going to be wearing heavy shimmer shadows, I put my foundation and concealer on last, making it easier if I get shimmer on my face - or using a small piece of tissue up against my lower lashline to catch any fallout. I'm finding that so far all of these tactics I started doing help out with any type of shimmer, glittery, sparkly shadows, not just UD. So this is a great color when you want something a little more natural in color, but with that extra twinkle too. I would buy again, but I don't think I'm going to run out anytime soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Cyerie

Really really glittery, but somehow not overdone. This is a medium beige color (think MAC's "grain" eyeshadow). It seems fine to work with (I have the potted version, not the palette). There is a risk of a little glitter fallout, but overall I think this is very pretty. You must enjoy light glitter to like this.

Edit: I've heard that applying these with a sponge-tip applicator works much better than with a brush (which might cause a little glitter fall-out.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by leslie0764

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was such a pretty shade, but it's awful!! A big hot mess. Nothing but glitter everywhere, eyes, face, everywhere and there isn't much color at all, even after applying and applying, all I got is glitter, everywhere but my eyes. This was just awful, don't waste your money on this. I returned this back to Ulta.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this eye shadow in the Urban Decay 'Alice and Wonderland' palette.
This is a lovely shimmery champagne colour with fine silver glitter particles.
It's an amazing colour which can be used with a number of looks but if you dont have much tolerance with glitter then i'd avoid this one as the glitter fall out is phenomenal, but there are ways to avoid this such as using Urban Decay's Primer potion on your eyelid beforehand and under your eye as this help's it to stay put and reduces the amount of glitter that spreads around your face.
The only reason i wouldn't purchase this again is because there are other eye shadow's that are similar and require less work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love Midnight Cowboy so I tried rides again and well....I love it. You MUST like glitter to get this shadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by followyourfancy19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous eyeshadow. Hands down it's very versitale, it works on both the lid and on the crease, as long as you like glitter. The color is beautiful, except like so many other Urban Decay eyeshadows the huge, chunky silver glitter falls heavily on your face, and I find that I have to scrub at my face just to get it off. All eyeshadow falls on my face, which I'm used to having to wipe off in the morning, but I have to take a textured surface to get this glitter off. If you don't mind the glitter issue, this product totally rocks, and I find that I reach for it a lot.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by PositivelyRadiant

This product loses 1 lippie because of the glitter issue. The color is beautiful and the glitter looks great on the eyes. The problem is how to do away with the glitter that will amass under the eye. This is definitely an eyeshadow where tapping away any excess on the brush is a must. Also, a q-tip with some eye makeup remover to remove the excess glitter under the eye will come in handy. I didn't need to remove all the glitter because after I apply concealer, foundation, powder, bronzer, and blush, you don't see a trace of the glitter. However, if you like to apply eye makeup last in your routine or if you don't use much face makeup, the glitter sitch may leave you a bit perplexed. Some people like to hold up a business card or tissues under the eyes to catch the glitter and then there's no worries on how to deal with anything under the eyes. Oh, and yes, eye makeup primer will help and should always be used.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by mariab79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice glitter color. A pain in the a++ if u don't know how to use glitter. I finally got it down, apply a cream base first then spritz with fix + or a little water but just spritz. Apply in a patting motion and that's it! Looks awesome on my deep tan skin color. I hated this until I figured out the whole method. Very pretty.....ohh and by the way, its an awsome color used under the brow. I tapped the brush b4 using and to my surprise all the glitter fell out and I applied in a tapping motion. There was no glitter in sight so yayyy!!!