September 1, 2014 | 982 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Shampoo Three

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by char510

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this shampoo! My hairdresser told me that I had chlorine in my hair, left over from the summer, so I decided to try this product. I use it once a week, and so far it has done nothing but good to my hair. When I get out of the shower after using this product, I can feel the cleanness of my hair, even when its wet. When it dries it's nice and soft, and my hair is usually dry feeling.
I do wish there was a conditioner to go with this product, but the shampoo makes my hair soft enough that its not absolutely necessary.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by sheena814

Just to adress the person who had the bottle for 4 years and still used it. Shampoo, no matter the brand , has a shelf life of about 2 years. After that it can grow harmful bacteria that in some cases have really damaged peoples eyes. The stripped feeling is exactly what you should get from this type of shampoo. It a booster shampoo definantly not a daily shampoo so any stylist who trys to sell it as one you are right not to trust. It is when you have an extream build up of chlorine or impurities. If you use well water you should really use this once a week or if you are an avid swimmer. Not just because you took a quick dip in the pool or used a lot of product in you hair. It also great in the summer for thos of you who use box color( which i do not condone!) Many of them use metalic dyes that change with impurities found in pools and through sunlight this can help keep a truer tone. Just be sure to you a super rich conditioner after even a treatment like super charged miosture is good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by iheartalize

LOVE IT! Great for removing mineral deposits, chlorine, and styling build up that coats the hair shaft. In extreme cases use everyday until your hair feels better, than slowly work your way down til your only using it 1x a week. Not for daily use because it can dry your hair out! This is also good for removing wax build up that cheap shampoos and conditioners leave behind!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by missymeg261

I used to swim on a team and my hair constantly had chlorine in it. I would wash it 2 or 3 times and still be able to smell pool smell. My mom picked this product up for me, and I will say I was quite suprised! I would not smell chlorine AT ALL! The shampoo itself smells kind of minty with a little bit of lime scent--not bad, just really faint. It also dries my hair out a little bit. I sometimes use this shampoo when I accidently put too much product in my hair and it becomes greasy and full of residue. Bottom line: there are many shampoos that give you more moisture and a better smell, but this stuff does a great job deeply cleansing your hair. I would suggest using this product either after you go swimming or if you get something really gross in your hair and need to get the scent out. It's a little expensive for the small bottle size (about 11 dollars), but it definatly does exactly what it says it will do.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by SatanicaMurder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I also wrote a review on the tea tree conditioner because I had tried both at the same time. My best friend's husband is a hairdresser and when he was doing my hair, my hair had SO much buildup. I had even tried washing it a few times the night before getting my hair done with herbal essences clarifying shampoo! he used this on my hair along with the conditioner.. well my hair felt 100x better and looked AMAZING. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who uses a lot of product in my hair.. I tend to tease my hair a lot so I use a lot of mousse and hairspray. This shampoo works wonders. Seriously, another HG of mine. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2008 8:44:00 AM More reviews by sumfinunique

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

first time using clarifying shampoo..
dont know if its meant to feel that..
but my hair feels like straw after i use it.
but it goes softer than usual after i apply conditioner..
i guess cause its cleaner it gets absorbed faster?
i have absolutely no idea..

have been sick [block nose and cold and everything] so i can't comment on the smell since i can't smell anything..

i have to say it doesn't lather well..
will update after more washes with this.. in a few weeks/months..

ps i use it weekly

EDIT:
nah i'm not gonna buy this again. it dries my hair out.. im using it fortnightly now..
the smell isnt that bad once you rinse it off.. can't smell it.. only my conditioner =D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 11:59:00 PM More reviews by xmikimagoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has got to be my HG clarifying shampoo! Many "clarifiers" leave my hair feeling like hay, even after I condition it. Shampoo Three is a whole different story. While my hair feels clean and free of impurities, it's still smooth and not full of knots. Any conditioner will work much better after using this shampoo as it rids your hair of any build- up. My Joico Intense Hydrator practically absorbed right into my hair! I highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 9:15:00 PM More reviews by tracy1031

my room mate who is a hair stylist got this for me because I ran out of aveda's clarifying shampoo that i usually use. This is much better, after one use my hair is bouncy and healthy looking. NOT dry, aveda's left my hair feeling like hay. it doesn't really smell like anything to me. i have bangs so this is a lifesaver! they were getting greasy and kinda matted down, and now they look nice again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by kissxoxo16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Good shampoo, does its job of removing residue and hard water minerals. I use this almost every day due to our terribly hard water. It makes my blonde highlights visible again. My only complaint about it is the smell. It is pretty terrible, like a wet dog almost. I cover the smell up with my conditioner, but it would be nice to enjoy washing your hair with something that smells good. I will continue to buy till I find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2008 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Spacemonkeylover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

In my opinion, this is the best claifying shampoo on the market. I have bought it serveral times now, and each time it performs the same: with just one wash, I get great bouncy, clean(!), shiney and frizz-free hair.

I use this shampoo about once a week because I use products for my ends that contain silicones (duh). Three removes the silicones and makes hair really healthy.

Works well on hair that suffers the after-effects of antibiotics, too.

Only thing negative about it could be the price, but after torturing my hair with Pantene and spending big bucks in the salon to rescue it again, I'll glady pay the money. It's so worth it in the end.