September 2, 2014 | 1670 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Sunflowers

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by buds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I recently tried this on my wrist and can't wait to get it washed off. It's just too overpowering and literally stinks. I was embarassed to be walking around with such a horrid smell. Took several washes to get rid of it as it's really strong.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 4:29:00 AM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an undeniably happy fragrance. It's light, airy and smells like what a field of sunflowers make you feel. There are splashes of lemon, orange blossom, melon, peach, rose and jasmine, along with a host of others. When I wear this, I see white linens drying on clotheslines, sandy beaches in the Hamptons, sun on green grass and a Nantucket blue and white striped lighthouse in the distance. Sunflowers is not a strong perfume, but melts into a soft scent that invites you to breathe a little deeper. Now to be honest, I don't want to live every day in Cape Cod, so this isn't a perfume I reach for regularly. It's sweet and pretty, but it just isn't interesting enough for me. I like a perfume that makes me need to buy it, rather than just be inclined to. But all that is personal preference and we all know opinions about scents are highly subjective. I do like Sunflowers, especially when I've gone very preppy with my outfit, and will probably buy it again. It's not horrendously expensive, especially when shopping on Ebay, which I may or may not do with alarming regularity.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by TuttaPanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very "bright" fragrance that is floral but also has some sharpness at first, then slowly melds into something a bit softer and muskier after a few hours (at least on my skin).
It's a pretty fragrance, very uplifting, and does smell like a rich bouquet of flowers sitting out in bright, warm sunshine.
Only drawback is that it can be strong at first, so I have to be careful to not spray too much. I also have a larger bottle of it which is a little large and unwieldy to hold (also makes it harder to control the spray). But overall this is a great fragrance, perfect for warmer days.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by NarnianLady

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmmm. If Red Door is labeled as an 'old lady scent', this is a 'young girlie' scent... Doesn't mean that only schoolgals should wear this, fragrance is a always an individual matter and has to do with your chemistry and persona.
This is a feel good fragrance: Uplifting and perky for sure, and gives you the needed boost for the day if you're feeling low in spirits. A burst of sunshine..! Love the body lotion as well. Very reasonable priced and a safe choice in many occasions, but as always, less is more.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by HannahTheScribe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I started reading the manga "Stepping on Roses" back a few months ago. The main character wears a perfume that smells like roses...immediately, I had to find a rose perfume. Elizabeth Arden's "Sunflowers" smells exactly like flowers! Its main ingredient is rose, too! It is quite strong and not suitable for young girls, but is great if you want to smell like a flower on a bright summer day! I bought this at a consignment shop for $10, but it retails for around $30. Not a bad price either way!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by myra86

It is an amazing scent!
I cannot believe it has such low rating! I did buy this product again,and I will buy again once I finish it.
I think I might be addicted to it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

A fresh fragrance smells of honey wow its so good

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to wear this all the time in the 1990's. I was feeling a little nostalgic recently and decided to revisit this scent. One spritz and it was like I was back in high school. It still has the same wonderful bright fruity/floral scent and the guys still love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by workingmoma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nice packaging. Smells great, I give it to my Mom every Mother's day. She absolutely loves it, so obviously I have repurchased it many times. It has a floral scent so you like floral you will like it too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by CoconutCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Such a happy fragrance! This smell has so many memories for me. It's funny because it's instantly recognizable too. Whenever I wear it someone says, "OMGosh, someone is wearing Sunflowers..." long after I can't even smell it anymore. I get positive responses when I wear it so it must jive with my chemistry.

So sunshiney!