October 21, 2014 | 1152 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Red Door

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know I know. This scent is Strong and "makes you sick." I know what it's like because i'm one of those people who hates old lady perfumes and very synthetic and floral fragrances.
However, I do not think the above about Red Door. I agree with one of the reviewers that said the scent is SEXY! My 21 year old boyfriend was the first to tell me this. I think it's a very femenine scent, not mature in a grandma way but in a 20-30 year old WOMAN way. When I have it on I feel like a woman rather than a young adult. I think a tiny bit goes well with my body chemistry, only in very small doses on very rare occasions.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by sarahfeeni

I truly despise this perfume, and its not just because a strict former teacher wore it and wore A LOT of it. To me this is the quintessential bad "perfume smell" perfume that makes me feel ill when I smell it. I find nothing redeeming about it at all. Though, I do understand some people's references to it taking them back to simpler times in the 80's and 90's. I do get that. but I'd prefer to get a subtle whiff on my moms sweater and not actually wear it myself.

I am not sure which perfume I like less, this or Tresor by Lancome. Both are just terrible. I actually grew up hating perfume because i didn't know that perfume could actually smell good based on my grandmother and this teacher of mine. man. so bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by cadej1998

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Will always love this perfume, was my Aunt Doris(Doe Doe's) signature in the '90's when I was younger, so it's now a comfort fragrance for me when I am really down. Red Door is heavy on the red roses, honey, sandalwood and jasmine. Like it, hate it, whatever, it has now become a classic that takes many of us back to simpler, better times....

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by lizfiz50

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think my mother-in-law secretly hates me. I got it for Christmas and I sprayed it once to test it. It gave me the worst migraine ever. The scent was also hard to get rid of. Once the fabric it touched came into contact with anything else, this vile scent latched on to anything else. Took a week before that horrid beast faded away.

If you like this stuff, please be aware it causes other people to get sick, seriously! Use with extreme caution!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by swooz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this, but as some have said, it's not something I wear every day. I can normally find it on the cheap at an outlet or Marshalls-like store. It is a heavier scent that smells like a cross between a musk and a floral to me. If you like oriental scents, you may like this. If you like lighter, sweet, or true floral scents, probably not. The scent has good staying power. Every guy I've ever known has loved it. My last bottle broke in my gym bag and I haven't yet replaced it because I have a few other scents to work through, but every time I open my bag, I love the smell.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

smells like jam and rotten fruit - Yuk!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Ejaneeeeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Worst perfume ever

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by lealorraine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i don't love this perfume, but don't hate it either. I bought a sample of it for about $5 just to try it out. It's for the older set, not for a very young person, but I was looking for something a little bit more mature, but not old lady. It's nothing that I would wear each day, but once in awhile it's okay.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Sam3215

I dont reccomend this if you are young. This is a more mature scent. This smelt putrid on me, but when my mom wears it, it smells nice

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Azaelia11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My nana gave this to me as she only used it maybe once or twice on special occasion and didn't want to waste it. Mind you she's 99 and a legend, i was like uhhh.. idk most of the perfumes back then you could taste with just one spritz on the skin. But i found this kinda nice and sweet. It's not too overpowering, if you have a small spritz on the wrists or just a little dab under the neck it's actually quite a nice smell, don't go spraying yourself like 5 or 6 times or you will literally be tasting it for the next week haha