November 23, 2014 | 1978 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by lovebeautyox

Have done a review of this shampoo on my blog, check it out:

Love the shampoo, very clarifying and adds some volume to the hair. Smells absolutely gorgeous - so fresh and clean. Think it's quite expensive for a shampoo containing natural ingredients to be honest.

x

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Foundationfiend

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This isn't as cheap as drugstore shampoos, but it lasts longer and gives better results. The packaging is simple and is not a big fiddle to open in the shower, it's the closing that's hard, but it's all worth it if you want shiny,soft and smooth hair.

My hair is light brown-blonde and is long yet I only need a 2p size amount meaning if your hair is shorter you will need less or viceversa.

This product adds volume and isn't heavy on your hair or scalp, your hair feels revived and revitalised, use with the conditioner for best results.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by catletter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If your hair is matte, this product is for you. Because it softens your hair, also after using it for several times the hair looks more shiny. Whenever used, just a little amount is enough because it foams so much.It is a plentiful product, one can use it for several months. Another important thing is that it is not for daily usage as told before. You should use it alternately with your shampoo.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Ayeshatariq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My overall rating of this shampoo is good. I probably would buy it again from time to time, but there are many other shampoos that cost less and work better. Value for money is poor and packaging is just difficult.
The shampoo does what it says, gives body and shine to thin hair. Somehow it leaves the hair with a squeaky clean feel. The smell is strong when you open the jar, but subsides as you use it. It's a detergent like smell, but not bad at all. I actually quite like it. The product has salt crystal so I don't really scrub my scalp, for fear of the salt having a sandpaper effect.
The shampoo is mild and does not cause me to break out. I have a weird allergy where I break out on my neck and jawline, if I'm not using a good shampoo. So the shampoo is truly full of natural goodness.
There's a reason that shampoos always come in a bottle. The jar makes is difficult to scoop out the product and if you take too little, you are putting in your wet hands into the product. Also makes it difficult to use in the shower, because you have to close the jar with one hand. The jar gets slippery and unscrewing the top is difficult.
All in all, worth a try, but not HG shampoo material.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

Loooove this shampoo. It's definitely different, and I put off trying it for a long time because it just seems so weird, but I'm glad I finally did! It's actually really easy to use -- wet your hair, scoop out a decent sized dollop of this, wet it a tiny bit, and massage into your hair. I kind of like the fact that this shampoo is chunky...it feels like I'm exfoliating my scalp, which is really nice! It lathers well and leaves my hair really clean, but shiny and soft at the same time (which not many shampoos can do for my oily hair!). I don't find it adds much volume like it claims to, but I use this more as a clarifying shampoo, since it really gets out grease and product build up. I definitely would not use this every day -- I think it's kind of harsh for that. I use this 1-2 times a week and it's perfect.
I had to take of one lippie for the smell though. This almost smells awesome...very clean and beachy, like the ocean. But along with that nice beachy smell is a really gross fishy scent. I had my roommates smell this and they didn't notice it, but I can totally smell a strong, fishy odor when I use this. I'm assuming it's the seaweed. Thankfully the fishy scent doesn't stick in your hair at least, but I definitely notice it when I'm lathering up and it's not pleasant.
Highly recommend for anyone with fine, oily hair! I promise this stuff is not as scary as it seems! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by shoegal2122

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the concept of this shampoo. It smells nice, but very strong, I like the smell, but my boyfriend thinks it smells terrible. It is very drying to the hair. I would not recommend for dry or damaged hair. I can definitely tell it clarifies the hair from product buildup and is very abrasive with chunks of sea salt in the shampoo. I do not recommend for daily use since it is very drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by selenium89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have naturally curly hair and I've noticed that lately my curls have been looking lifeless and not as bouncy. My hair has also been on the oily side recently. I decided to give BIG shampoo a go and whilst in the shower I was shocked as to how straw-like/waxy/dry it made my hair feel. You definitely need a good conditioner with this shampoo. I just couple it with my American Cream Conditioner and they complement each other quite well. After I air dried my hair I noticed that my curls were a lot more defined and voluminous afterwards, which is something my hair hadn't experienced since last summer at the beach!
This shampoo lathers very well in comparison to Curly Wurly, however, I don't like the smell of this as much as the sweet coconut scent of Curly Wurly. I decided to use the two shampoos interchangeably because BIG can be quite a drying deep clean shampoo, so it would not be ideal for daily use. It's an amazing product I will definitely re-purchase, however, I don't think that will be for a while as this tub will last me a while!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by arielleem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am obsessed with this shampoo. Smells like heaven!!! And leaves my fine thin hair with more body and volume. The texture is strange and takes some getting used to. It literally feels like rubbing grains of salt in your hair but once you get a nice lather it foams up. It's wonderful. Favorite shampoo ever will keep repurchasing forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by xxBeautyObsessedxx

I love this! I have very oily roots and normal ends. This makes my hair squeaky clean and really works to get rid of all the oil. I can see how it would be very drying on dry hair though, But because mine isn't dry I use it every time I wash, which is every other day. Love the smell, it's so fresh. The texture took a bit of getting use to, but now I really like it, and it lathers up so well.
But, I have to say the whole 'big' thing doesn't work for me. I have
a lot of hair anyway so I have a decent amount of volume naturally, but found no difference in volume while using this shampoo.
That said, I'd still recommend to anyone with oily hair or for anyone who wants a deep clean every once in a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Mellifluence

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Used this product for about two months, and I can't say I noticed any massive difference in hair volume, but it was an effective clarifying shampoo. Maybe a bit TOO effective – even though I only wash my hair twice a week, and I was careful to use 'Big' only on my oily roots, it stripped all moisture right out of my hair if I didn't regularly swap it with a more moisturising shampoo.

Like most Lush products, a little goes a long way. As it's in a tub, it was a bit of a hassle to keep hygenic, but keeping a clean teaspoon in the bathroom does the trick. The texture took a bit of getting used to, but it smells like the ocean. You win some, you lose some, I guess.