The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Scrub

4.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Shell Powder, Rice, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Glycerin, cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Fragrance, PEG-100 Stearate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Limonene.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

First off, I want to say...I LOVE THIS!!! This makes my skin so unbelieveably soft and it helps with the bumps I have on my legs and arms. It also acts kind of like a soap because it removes not only the dead skin cells but the dirt from your skin. Plus, even though the product is expensive, you only need a tiny amount in order to exfoliate areas of your body. Also, the scent is lovely, it smells like a combination of both cocoa butter and chocolate in one. But going on to the packaging....this does pool in water...and if you drop it...you will lose product. But I would definitely recommend anyone interested to check this out, it's worth it :D.

on 12/18/2011 5:38:00 AM

Great body scrub, smells heavenly and leaves skin soft. Lovely.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My favourite product from TBS. I use it once a week and my skin gets clean as a whistle and soft and moisturized to boot. Plus, the smell! Some people don't like it though, so try it first at the shop.

on 10/10/2011 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this is the first body scrub i ever used, and i am sooooo pleased with it, that i don't want to change it! ti contains powdered almond cernels, so they don't dissolve while you massage. for this reason, a little goes a long way. this product has saved me from ingrown hairs (i recently started waxing instead of shaving). the smell is great as well. it has the discreet buttery smell of the matching body butter, plus a slight bitter smell from the almond cernels. amazingly good... very expensive, but worth it.

on 7/25/2011 11:42:00 AM

If you're looking for a more intense scrub than the traditional drugstore apricot ones, this is for you. Use your hands to rub into your body in circles, and you will be left smoother and sweet smelling. Don't even try it on your face. Wish it came in a squeeze or pump, but I understand that either might clog with the bigger granuals in this scrub. However the twist off top is really annoying and I hate getting water in the container as I'm trying to open it in the shower.

on 2/26/2011 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this scrub, and the smell of it makes me want to dip my finger in it and eat it lol. It is better than the sugar based scrubs because it doesn't melt in contact with water. Leaves my skin so smooth! I use it with TBS exfoliating gloves twice a week. BUY IT!

on 12/17/2010 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!
i've used body scrubs that film an oily film aftershower, it totally made me feel grimy in humid singapore. so im sceptical of bodyscrubs. the reviews of this cocoa butter body scrub, made me went all-out on TBS frenzy (20% off storewide! dec 2010) back to the product, it reminds me of st ives's apricot scrub in terms of granules size & consistency. the superior winning factor of this product, is the beautiful skin it left, so smooth & moisturised..it felt like a spa aftermath. all scrub, will scrub...but not all scrubs will leave a good skin after effects. glad i choose the right scrub. this is the perfect body scrub for all. smells mildly pleasant too...it puts me in a good mood thruout the day..cos the skin just feels so good!

on 11/20/2010 9:05:00 PM

This is my all time favorite body scrub. I first tried it when I was pregnant...overly scented products made me nauseous and I didn't want a salt or sugar based scrub that would make my shower slippery. Saw the positive reviews here, and I can see why this gets such awesome reviews...it works really, really well -- got rid of my upper arm bumps and left my skin feeling smooth and moisturized. It's got a faint cocoa butter scent that is pleasant and not overpowering.The screw top tub isn't ideal for the shower, but I'm willing to deal with it since I love the product.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this!! For a chocoholic this is an addiction. I will eat it all if i could. I use this and then the cocoa body butter. It leaves my skin smooth, soft and moisturised for the entire day. Love the smell. Love the formula! Loving it!!

on 10/23/2010 1:37:00 PM

this is a pretty good product except that it is a little to abrasive on your skin. other than that it removed alot of my dead skin and smelled great!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products