July 26, 2014 | 1012 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Maybelline - Maybelline Coverstick Corrector Concealer

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by ilovebeautyandmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Maybelline's products !! But with my acne prone skin foundation wouldn't cover up all my acne marks and scars . I don't recommend this product is not suitable for darker tones and I don't like this product because if you put it on it is very hard to blend and it feels like something on your face is weighing you down .

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

I would not buy this product again for the following reasons: It does not provide any long lasting coverage, it creates a caked up looked after applying, and i do not like the packaging quality. I would prefer if it was a stick rather than a lipstick form. I like some Maybelline products but have not yet found a concealer that I have would use again from this line.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by LeslieDerp

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

If your skin breaks out AT ALL, this product is absolutely not for you. I don't remember the last time I broke out so badly from a product. It clogs pore like crazy, making you look greasy, and you'll get a flurry of horrible white heads wherever you've applied it. I used this twice, and thought it was alright, until it ruined my skin 2-3 days later. I know this product is to blame, because previously I had just cleared my skin and had it that way for about 2 weeks until using this. It was frustrating, because the minimal redness that I covered with this, was amplified about 10 fold and, despite wanting to use this to cover it, I knew it'd just make my skin even worse.

That said, if your lucky enough to have skin that doesn't break out and isn't too prone to greasiness, this might be pretty decent for you. When worn under your foundation, it really will minimize your redness, resulting in the ability to use less foundation on the face/ conceal less. It's good for hyperpigmentation, too. Staying power is about 4-5 hours I'd say, but it doesn't particularly matter where it's meant to be worn under a foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this (in Ivory) in desperation because I was dealing with some very red acne on the night of a party. It did its job well--covered thoroughly and didn't dry out my skin. It also seemed to blend well. But I'm just not sure about the ingredients in the product. I've read other reviews that say this product irritated their acne, and while I haven't experienced that yet, I have very sensitive skin, so I think I'll try stepping away from it. I'd only recommend this if you're in dire need of a quick fix.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by mandybecca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

BEWARE: This product contains lanolin oil and talc, both of which are products with aggravate skin and cause acne, especially acne cosmetica. If you are acne prone, I would steer clear of this concealer, or use it strictly for your under eyes.

I purchased this product a couple weeks ago when dealing with a hormonal break out before my period. It was cheap and I'd heard ok things about it, and so I decided to give it a try. FOOLISHLY I did not check the ingredients and I started using it. I was pleased with the coverage, how well it blended, and the consistency, which was very smooth. My acne breakout (which was 3-4 red raised bumps on my chin and two red raised bumps above my lip) seemed to be clearing up so I thought nothing in regards to this product causing a breakout and I continued to use it for concealer, as well as for a under-eye concealer/highlight, for approximately two weeks.

Fast forward to one week after I started using this. I started to notice I could feel clogged pores on both my chin as well as above my lips, however, I didn't think much of it because I had accidentally fallen asleep with my makeup on for a few hours before washing it off a couple nights in a row, and I just figured that once I followed my regular skin routine again, strictly, that they would clear up. I had also started using a new foundation, so I wasn't quite sure what the exact root of the problem was, definitively. A few more days go by and it seems to be getting worse, and so I became alarmed. The few clogged pores had escalated into my entire chin, upper lip, and most of my forehead being covered in tiny, very densely distributed, white bumps that were making my skin look, and feel extremely rough. Some research on this new found issue landed me on several pages of information, from different sources, which confirmed that I had developed acne cosmetica which is a type of acne, which appears just as I described mine, and is caused solely by cosmetics. Ingredients like lanolin oil and talc (both of which are in this concealer) are very high on the list of comedogenic ingredients.

Beware folks. If your skin does not require items to be non-comedogenic then this may work just fine for you. However, if you're like me and you need to play it on the safe side, then try something with non-acnegenic ingredients instead. I'm currently looking at 3 weeks to 2 months to heal this nasty stuff on my face. The worst part is, I recently went vegan and my skin now is VERY clear besides this. Disheartening, to say the least.

Sigh.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by KarlieSA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought both the corrector concealer sticks in yellow and green. I am not a fan of the product. I am not sure if it is the concept of the colors yellow and green that are suppose to cancel out red and dark areas or the product but it did not work for me. They do not blend under my foundation and it smudge everywhere. My husband thought I was sick that day because I had a "green tinge" to my undertone.These were the first color corrector products I ever purchased and I have opted to use samon tones for dark circles and a corrector that is closer to my skin tone to hide redness.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Do3Zahid

Better than most concealers I've used. I happen to have overpigmentation around the mouth area, & this covered it well. Not well enough that the shadows didn't seep through, but well enough. Easy to use, just apply it directly to the problem area, or with a brush if you plan to conceal a pimple. Could get a tad cakey but blending in well could sort that out easily. I am currently used the MAC concealer and am satisfied with it thus I'm not planning on repurchasing this concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by desertrose156

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've repurchased this for at least 4 years straight. It's a beloved stand by. I don't even feel tempted by HE concealers because it works so well and does it's job. I like the stick formula, as I feel it lasts longer than the liquid types, or in the 'pen' design. You can really keep digging once it runs low. I like to warm it up on my finger before applying it to my under eye area. It also makes a good primer for e/s, and covers up pitted scars. I hope they never discontinue this. This is a holy grail of mine, hands down.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Chubz

I don't recommend this product for anyone to use. It's creamy once applied, very dry and flakey once it is spread and does not blend well. The only time this works for me is when I mix it up with my liquidy Mac Pro long wear concealer which is a shade darker to lighten it up and match my skin tone + monistat chafing gel as a primer + dabbing w a makeup sponge for an airbrush effect +*then setting it with powder. (All for my under eye area/dark circles) That's how terrible this product is if you use it alone! Coverage is thin.. When you actually blend it, the opaqueness turns into patchiness. I highly recommend using something else with higher ratings! Do not waste your money ladies!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

This is the worst concealer I have ever used. It was so bad, I emailed Maybelline to get my money back and all that send me was Maybelline bucks that I could use only on their products! The concealer felt heavy and waxy. It looked extremely cakey. I didn't even know I had dried skin under my eyes until I put this on and accentuated it. When I put the concealer on a pimple, the redness still showed through and it looked cakey as well. My second time putting the product on, the concealer stick broke and fell off. How's that for an awful product? Don't waste your time or money on this.