Maybelline Maybelline Coverstick Corrector Concealer

3.2

on 7/31/2013 5:24:00 AM

This product did NOT work well for me when i applied it under the eyes to cover up dark circles. It's kind of waxy and it creased in my fine lines right away. it also looks cakey. i did try using it to cover some blemishes but its not the best product for that especially if you have dry skin it'll make things look worse. instead i just use it to highlight under my eyebrows and it works okay for that. Once in a while i use a small amount to highlight the inner corners of my eyes.

on 7/29/2013 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I hate it, it doesn't cover it's Cakey and impossible to blend, it doesn't blend it fades actually, do not buy

on 7/10/2013 11:35:00 PM

I love this!!! (I use the green one!) Best corrector for under-eye circles, bags, and blemishes, I love it, first I use a little bit of eye primer or just eye moisturizer then dab little dots below my eyes and tap it lightly across all the way to my temples and it looks so good!! Then I just go over with my foundation! I highly recommend that you don't rub it because it can look cakey, but just a little and dabbing will make a huge difference to your appearance!:)

on 4/29/2013 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Urgh bought this to correct my purple dark circles so I picked up the yellow. This is the worst thing ever. So dry, dosent conceal at all. So disappointing, oh well, makes a good lip base when de potted.

on 4/6/2013 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This conceleor is so cakey. It is so hard to blend, and highlights all dry areas on your skin. I wasted 5 dollars on this. Worst conceleor ever.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love Maybelline's products !! But with my acne prone skin foundation wouldn't cover up all my acne marks and scars . I don't recommend this product is not suitable for darker tones and I don't like this product because if you put it on it is very hard to blend and it feels like something on your face is weighing you down .

on 3/2/2013 10:00:00 PM

I would not buy this product again for the following reasons: It does not provide any long lasting coverage, it creates a caked up looked after applying, and i do not like the packaging quality. I would prefer if it was a stick rather than a lipstick form. I like some Maybelline products but have not yet found a concealer that I have would use again from this line.

on 2/21/2013 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

If your skin breaks out AT ALL, this product is absolutely not for you. I don't remember the last time I broke out so badly from a product. It clogs pore like crazy, making you look greasy, and you'll get a flurry of horrible white heads wherever you've applied it. I used this twice, and thought it was alright, until it ruined my skin 2-3 days later. I know this product is to blame, because previously I had just cleared my skin and had it that way for about 2 weeks until using this. It was frustrating, because the minimal redness that I covered with this, was amplified about 10 fold and, despite wanting to use this to cover it, I knew it'd just make my skin even worse.

That said, if your lucky enough to have skin that doesn't break out and isn't too prone to greasiness, this might be pretty decent for you. When worn under your foundation, it really will minimize your redness, resulting in the ability to use less foundation on the face/ conceal less. It's good for hyperpigmentation, too. Staying power is about 4-5 hours I'd say, but it doesn't particularly matter where it's meant to be worn under a foundation.

on 12/15/2012 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this (in Ivory) in desperation because I was dealing with some very red acne on the night of a party. It did its job well--covered thoroughly and didn't dry out my skin. It also seemed to blend well. But I'm just not sure about the ingredients in the product. I've read other reviews that say this product irritated their acne, and while I haven't experienced that yet, I have very sensitive skin, so I think I'll try stepping away from it. I'd only recommend this if you're in dire need of a quick fix.

on 11/24/2012 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

BEWARE: This product contains lanolin oil and talc, both of which are products with aggravate skin and cause acne, especially acne cosmetica. If you are acne prone, I would steer clear of this concealer, or use it strictly for your under eyes.

I purchased this product a couple weeks ago when dealing with a hormonal break out before my period. It was cheap and I'd heard ok things about it, and so I decided to give it a try. FOOLISHLY I did not check the ingredients and I started using it. I was pleased with the coverage, how well it blended, and the consistency, which was very smooth. My acne breakout (which was 3-4 red raised bumps on my chin and two red raised bumps above my lip) seemed to be clearing up so I thought nothing in regards to this product causing a breakout and I continued to use it for concealer, as well as for a under-eye concealer/highlight, for approximately two weeks.

Fast forward to one week after I started using this. I started to notice I could feel clogged pores on both my chin as well as above my lips, however, I didn't think much of it because I had accidentally fallen asleep with my makeup on for a few hours before washing it off a couple nights in a row, and I just figured that once I followed my regular skin routine again, strictly, that they would clear up. I had also started using a new foundation, so I wasn't quite sure what the exact root of the problem was, definitively. A few more days go by and it seems to be getting worse, and so I became alarmed. The few clogged pores had escalated into my entire chin, upper lip, and most of my forehead being covered in tiny, very densely distributed, white bumps that were making my skin look, and feel extremely rough. Some research on this new found issue landed me on several pages of information, from different sources, which confirmed that I had developed acne cosmetica which is a type of acne, which appears just as I described mine, and is caused solely by cosmetics. Ingredients like lanolin oil and talc (both of which are in this concealer) are very high on the list of comedogenic ingredients.

Beware folks. If your skin does not require items to be non-comedogenic then this may work just fine for you. However, if you're like me and you need to play it on the safe side, then try something with non-acnegenic ingredients instead. I'm currently looking at 3 weeks to 2 months to heal this nasty stuff on my face. The worst part is, I recently went vegan and my skin now is VERY clear besides this. Disheartening, to say the least.

Sigh.