September 23, 2014 | 1953 users online

Lotions/ Creams - TendSkin - Tend Skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by LittleViolet

Works great. I pour a little on the day before waxing and use it immediately after waxing and I never get ingrowns, bumps or redness (which I would sometimes get with Azuline oil that comes with Parissa).

This stuff makes your skin perfect. I hate how expensive it is, but I have gone a few times without it thinking it was unnecessary and I was wrong. I never have problems when I use it! I bought a 4oz bottle in late April and it is now mid August and I have only used 1/3 of it.

It evaporates quickly though so make sure you cap it tightly. I usually pour a little on and smooth it lightly with a cotton pad because applying it directly on with the cotton pad absorbs too much product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 2:53:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

Lucky me, I have very sensitive skin, and was blessed with the "hairy gene". So, whenever I shave my legs, underarms and lady parts, I can guarantee that by day 3, I'll be scratching my skin like I broke out with a bad case of the hives. Not pretty at all, especially in a bathing suit or sleeveless shirt. There are some products out there that will help, such as my favorite shave cream; Kiss my Face Moisture Shave or lathering your skin up with aloe. These do help, but there will be occasional irritations, especially when you're using a new razor - ya know, the new ones they keep coming out that have more blades for a closest shave? The Schick Hydro 5 killed me.

Anyway, the following day after I've shaved I begin using Tend Skin - before the irritation starts. I don't use it right after I shower, or else it'll burn. You can use a cotton ball, but because of the high alcohol content, it will dry/evaporate (whatever it does) before you finish applying it. To lessen the waste of product, I like using a cosmetic sponge and applying it to my bikini line, underarms, thighs and backs of the knees - any areas prone to irritation. I've read from a review that one gal likes to use a fan brush. I bet that'd work good too.

I also like using it when I wax my arms. Sometimes I'll end up with a little colony of pimples on my forearm, opposite of my elbow. This stops those from forming and if I forget to use my Tend Skin and they do sprout - It'll diminish them in a day or two.

It's also a pretty good product to dry up pimples on your face.

The main drawback of the product is the price. It is $20 for a 4 oz bottle. There are other sizes available, up to 16 oz, but 4 oz is the smallest. There is also a 2.5 oz roll-on, which is probably much more handy for $15. It can be purchased from Sephora.com or various online retailers. I actually have spotted Tend Skin several times at Marshalls and TJMaxx for $12.99 (I purchased two for $7 each on clearance last summer!) This product is worth it though for me and I recommend it if razor burn/bumps is something you struggle with.

I have used a cheaper alternative called GiGi No Bump found at Sally's Beauty Supply, which is around $9 for 4 oz, but I still prefer Tend Skin. For whatever reason, I feel that Tend Skin works faster. The GiGi No Bump has pretty good reviews though, so it really boils down to individual preference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

This stuff is truly a lifesaver when it comes to getting rid of and preventing razor bumps and ingrown hairs. The first time I purchased this was from Sephora, and it didn't work very well. I strongly advise that you not purchase Tend Skin from Sephora- the formula and packaging is not the same. I ordered this from Eskincarestore.com and was given different packaging, and a much stronger formula. After shaving, I apply this to a cotton puff, and dab it onto area's where I'm prone to getting irritation.It stings for a few minutes, but its well worth it. I get no irriation or itching. My razor bumps would be so bad on my legs, I avoided shorts in summer. This is also great after a Brazilian Wax. I cannot beging to stress how amazing it is not to have irritation after shaving, its makes everything so much more pleasant. Shaving and waxing use to be something I dreaded- not anymore :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am really happy I got this. It is wonderful. I use it on my bikini line and is great from stopping bumps! It smells very much like alcohol but, as long as it works I will love this product

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by cutierochellie

TendSkin has worked wonders for me. I was one of those silly girls who didn't know any better and used soap to shave back in middle school with the wrong razors & the wrong techniques. As a result, I've always had ugly red shave bumps and ingrown hairs on my legs. For years I'd always thought that was just the way my skin and hair are because no matter what I tried they never went away. Until I found tendskin. I've been using it daily for almost a month now, and the bumps are almost all gone, and the ingrowns are on their way out too! Just the stubborn ones on my calf where I cross my legs remain. But finally after 8 yrs I have the confidence to wear shorts and skirts without stockings or leg makeup which are both a hassle to wear/apply and look unnatural. It does waste product applying the liquid with a cotton pad, but I find that it helps remove dead skin cells, part of what cause ingrowns. I've read from those that use the rollerball applicator that dirt gets onto the rollerball and turns the liquid dark, so I'd pass up the more convenient packaging. I haven't experienced the slightest irritation. The smell isn't pleasant, but does go away after the liquid dries. It is quite expensive, though. I paid $38 for the large 8 oz bottle (of which I've already used about a fifth), but I can't put a price on being able to show off some leg this summer!!

For those who are interested, here are some shaving tips that have worked for me:

1. Shave after taking a hot shower with the hot water running.
2. Apply conditioner to the legs and let it sit for a couple mins before shaving.
3. Use a gel, not a foam, to shave. I use Bikini Zone shave gel, which works perfectly fine for both my bikini area and legs!
4. Use a sharp razor, and only reuse razors three or four times.
5. Wash off the shaved hairs from the razor with hot water after EACH stroke.
6. Apply tend skin to dry skin after shaving.
7. Exfoliate legs the day after and regularly.

Hope this helps!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Phanatical28

I'm in love with this product. I purchased the rollerball version from Ulta & am in love with its easy, no-mess application and portability. The rollerball applies just the right amount of product, but is large enough to cover bigger areas, like legs, efficiently. It smells like absolute pure rubbing alcohol, but I don't really mind that, and it doesn't stop me from using this. It doesn't sting me at all, but I make sure I apply it to skin that's completely dry. I have never gotten an ingrown hair in my life, but I do tend to get really itchy, especially in the bikini area, and sometimes a bit of razor burn on my legs if I'm in too much of a rush. This is really soothing to apply, and keeps the skin supple and moisturized. A little really does go a long way too - I use my rollerball 1-2x a day and have had it for quite a few weeks now and can barely see a huge dent in the liquid inside.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this a lot, but let's face it...it's not much different from Bikini Zone gel that you buy at the local drugstore. I haven't done price comparisons but a decent size tube of BZ is about $8 and this is $20 for a bottle. I don't think it does anymore to prevent ingrown hairs or irritation than BZ does for me and BZ can be purchased much more readily. The consistency of the Tend Skin is watery so if you don't buy the roll on applicator that they offer it can make a mess and cause you to lose product. I might buy it again, not sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Tend Skin has been wonderful at keeping ingrown hairs at bay - I have quick thick hair, and have a tendency to get ingrowns after my Brazilian waxes. However, when I remember to put this on after a wax, I have no troubles. Not only is it a great preventative product, but it also clears up any current ingrowns, as well. I apply it to the area with a makeup cotton pad, only needing a small splash of product. It can tingle a little bit, but it's nothing painful or irritating, in my experience. The alcohol smell goes away quickly, and it dries almost instantly on skin. It's a bit pricey, but I think it's justifiable if you are sensitive to ingrowns, like me. I'm on my second bottle now, but my first one lasted me ages...2 years?? Will repurchase and recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by moonxxriver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this stuff. I shave my bikini area and within 24 hours of shaving I always get the absolute worse bumps no matter what I do. I've tried all the shaving gels specifically for the bikini zone and none of them make a difference at all for me. I put this stuff on a cotton pad and apply it after I shave. It burns, yes, but only for a few seconds and the results are worth the burn anyway. I get NO irritation with this stuff. If I don't keep applying it I might get a few bumps, but it's nothing compared to what I normally get. The only thing is I wish this stuff wasn't so expensive for a small bottle, but I was continue to repurchase unless I find a cheap alternative that works just as well. I've heard about the homemade tendskin recipe, and I plan to try that out when I finish up the bottle I'm on now before I repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is very few in that it does what they say it will do. I got this for my husband, as he gets a lot of ingrown hairs on his neck. Within days we started to see clearer skin, less bumps, and less redness. The smell is a bit strong and the application of the product can be a pain. But overall, the formulation of the product works great. We also found it to be great for pimples. We did notice that with this less is better. Don't waste your money by thinking more is better, not here. You only need to put a little bit on.