TendSkin Tend Skin

Isopropyl alcohol, water, propylene glycol, acetylsalicylic acid, cyclomethicone, glycerine.

on 2/27/2012 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The solution is perfect for bringing ingrown hairs to the surface where you can either pull it from under the skin with a sterilized needle/ pin or the hair just flicks right out... this has been a life saver for me to prevent dark spots on my skin when the ingrown hair stays under the skin to long and becomes infected! You just have to apply it with a cotton ball & once the hair is visible enough to pull from under surface stop using it or it might burn your skin as this is what happened to me since I felt "the more the better".

on 2/19/2012 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Wish I had known about this long ago! I have tried other types of pre- and post-hair removal products to stop bikini line ingrown hairs and irritation (Bliss pads, drugstore stuff), but nothing worked. Gave this a try about 2 months ago, and it really helps. Also use gentle scrub in shower daily after shaving. The roll-on applicator works fine for me.

on 11/29/2011 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Sadly this had no effect on my ingrown hairs or razor rash. Not worth the money.

on 11/13/2011 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Not the miracle product I was hoping it would be. I still get quite a few ingrown hairs and bumps even though I use it as directed. Not quite worth the $20 I paid.

I love this product. It is wonderful. I use this after shaving if I have to shave my bikini line. This stops bumps from shaving and ingrown hairs. This is a great product! I got the rollerball version and it is very convenient.

on 8/26/2011 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This works great when I shaving and waxing. I used it before and after I wax my legs and my eyebrows, it really helped to prevent the redness and the in growth. The product is a little expensive but i only need to use very little each time. I usually bought this at Sephora but now i got it online for $13.99 for 4 oz bottle from speedybeauty.com, so I can save few bucks each time.

on 8/11/2011 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Works great. I pour a little on the day before waxing and use it immediately after waxing and I never get ingrowns, bumps or redness (which I would sometimes get with Azuline oil that comes with Parissa).

This stuff makes your skin perfect. I hate how expensive it is, but I have gone a few times without it thinking it was unnecessary and I was wrong. I never have problems when I use it! I bought a 4oz bottle in late April and it is now mid August and I have only used 1/3 of it.

It evaporates quickly though so make sure you cap it tightly. I usually pour a little on and smooth it lightly with a cotton pad because applying it directly on with the cotton pad absorbs too much product.

on 7/22/2011 2:53:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Lucky me, I have very sensitive skin, and was blessed with the "hairy gene". So, whenever I shave my legs, underarms and lady parts, I can guarantee that by day 3, I'll be scratching my skin like I broke out with a bad case of the hives. Not pretty at all, especially in a bathing suit or sleeveless shirt. There are some products out there that will help, such as my favorite shave cream; Kiss my Face Moisture Shave or lathering your skin up with aloe. These do help, but there will be occasional irritations, especially when you're using a new razor - ya know, the new ones they keep coming out that have more blades for a closest shave? The Schick Hydro 5 killed me.

Anyway, the following day after I've shaved I begin using Tend Skin - before the irritation starts. I don't use it right after I shower, or else it'll burn. You can use a cotton ball, but because of the high alcohol content, it will dry/evaporate (whatever it does) before you finish applying it. To lessen the waste of product, I like using a cosmetic sponge and applying it to my bikini line, underarms, thighs and backs of the knees - any areas prone to irritation. I've read from a review that one gal likes to use a fan brush. I bet that'd work good too.

I also like using it when I wax my arms. Sometimes I'll end up with a little colony of pimples on my forearm, opposite of my elbow. This stops those from forming and if I forget to use my Tend Skin and they do sprout - It'll diminish them in a day or two.

It's also a pretty good product to dry up pimples on your face.

The main drawback of the product is the price. It is $20 for a 4 oz bottle. There are other sizes available, up to 16 oz, but 4 oz is the smallest. There is also a 2.5 oz roll-on, which is probably much more handy for $15. It can be purchased from Sephora.com or various online retailers. I actually have spotted Tend Skin several times at Marshalls and TJMaxx for $12.99 (I purchased two for $7 each on clearance last summer!) This product is worth it though for me and I recommend it if razor burn/bumps is something you struggle with.

I have used a cheaper alternative called GiGi No Bump found at Sally's Beauty Supply, which is around $9 for 4 oz, but I still prefer Tend Skin. For whatever reason, I feel that Tend Skin works faster. The GiGi No Bump has pretty good reviews though, so it really boils down to individual preference.

on 6/27/2011 9:45:00 PM

This stuff is truly a lifesaver when it comes to getting rid of and preventing razor bumps and ingrown hairs. The first time I purchased this was from Sephora, and it didn't work very well. I strongly advise that you not purchase Tend Skin from Sephora- the formula and packaging is not the same. I ordered this from Eskincarestore.com and was given different packaging, and a much stronger formula. After shaving, I apply this to a cotton puff, and dab it onto area's where I'm prone to getting irritation.It stings for a few minutes, but its well worth it. I get no irriation or itching. My razor bumps would be so bad on my legs, I avoided shorts in summer. This is also great after a Brazilian Wax. I cannot beging to stress how amazing it is not to have irritation after shaving, its makes everything so much more pleasant. Shaving and waxing use to be something I dreaded- not anymore :)

on 6/6/2011 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am really happy I got this. It is wonderful. I use it on my bikini line and is great from stopping bumps! It smells very much like alcohol but, as long as it works I will love this product