August 1, 2014 | 1030 users online

Conditioner - Paul Mitchell - The Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by page20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG conditioner. It leaves my hair completely silky. I can actually feel in the shower, the instant I put it on, it is like my hair turns into silk and it stays that way for the rest of the shower. My hair looks fantastic after I use this conditioner. Definitely worth the money.

I also use a deep moisture treatment from ion every now and then to make my hair even less frizzy. Together, the products are my HG. Absolutely. After hours and hours of searching and reading reviews and trying samples, I have found my HG conditioner.

ABOUT THE KNOCK OFF GENERIC VERSION: The knock off product by sally beauty supply (generic) is terrible. I tried it and had both the real and the generic in my shower at the same time, and there was a huge difference. Usually there is no difference, but you have to splurge on this one. Absolutely worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by OhsnappitsEm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this leave in! Previous to this I was using the sparay bottle leave ins which didnt really help much with my thick hair and dry ends. I was in Sallys one day and was interested in the generics brand since ive heard many good things about the products. I was looking for a new leave in and picked this up hoping for the best and figured if I didnt like it I didnt spend alot of money on it at all. The bottle is really big and will last forever, mine has 16 ounces but im pretty sure the actual one does as well. The conditioner is an odd color blue and is sort of like a gel consistency but it doesnt feel greasy at all.I dont think the scent is that terrible as others may have described and it doesnt linger that much. It makes my hair feel very soft and it helps with my dry ends and it works on dry hair as well as damp hair. I will be sticking with this one from now on and will update if anything changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by exotikittenx

I love this as a leave-in conditioner. I also really love the scent of it and its fun blue color. My mother first bought it for me years ago. I go back to it every now and then. It works well for my curly hair so that I can avoid tangles and it also reduces frizz. The price is also great for a salon product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by MarianNorris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I have been trying to find something to put on my hair after shampooing and conditioning and before blow drying that will keep my lousy fine troubled hair from tangling all up when I blow dry. My hair is very fine and very fragile(even without any processing!) and for some reason tangles up when I blow it dry even though I'm careful and blow on low and just use my fingers as I'm drying. In otherwords, my hair sucks! HA! This is just awesome! I have tried so many spray conditioners and I'm disappointed in all. I have been very happy with Paul Mitchell products! Everything I've tried has been great! For my just past the shoulder length hair, I only use about a pea sized drop!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Icaria

I love this conditioner. I have long thick hair and a quarter size amount is enough to leave my hair shiny and smelling good. I'm surprised about the bad reviews about the smell. Maybe it had turned.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Kelle87

I use this as a leave in on damp hair keeps hair soft and moisturized. I have chemically relaxed hair and all Paul Mitchell products seem to work well for me. It has a very fresh scent which is very light and undectable by the time my hair is dry. It has the consistency of a gel kind of and is aqua blue in colour. I only use a tiny amount which is saying alot for me I am so heavy anded with products but with PM products you really dont need alot. Also I am about 9 weeks since my last relaxer so this works ok on my new growth also which after I dry my hair I apply moisturizer (ORS O live Oil brand and coconut oil) and my hair is blinging and shining so I am sticking to Paul Mitchell shampoos and conditioners for live. BTW I recomend using a conditioner before this leave in especially if you are black or have relaxed hair. The shampoo only wash and go cant work for us!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by jkpesaturo

I must say I was impressed with this product as a "rinse out". A few friends, that have used this product for years, suggested that they have had success with this method. I have very fine and sometimes "poofy" hair. I have tried every high end conditioner (Redken, B&B, Kerastase, etc.) that claim to control frizz. In-fact, most of these products increase frizz for me or my hair becomes to greasy. I am using B&B Quenching Shampoo and wanted a light to medium conditioner. Try this as a rinse out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by shyviolet

You would think that if one was formulating a product to go into the hair, they would make the effort to try and have it not smell like bug spray and expired pepto bismol. So when I took a whiff of this in the store and was revolted, I figured 'wow if this smells so ugly, it must work really well'. No. This had no redeeming qualities (in my hair anyway - I have a friend who fried her hair with chemicals and swore that this is what saved it).

I have been using my Phyto 9, but ran out and was not thrilled about purchasing more of that pricey stuff. This was no comparison. It did make it easier to comb through in damp hair (as any leave-in would). My phyto makes my air-dried hair silky and shiny, and that will last for several days.

This stuff made it feel soft I guess, but took all of the shine away. Dull, flat hair, and for the first time in ages, it felt sort of thickened and frizzy. Certainly looked frizzy.

Second day hair was a disaster, it felt like straw, frizz all over.

I tried my GVP conditioning balm (at Sally's) as a leave-in, and like that much better. Won't use this smelly stuff again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by goldieb19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the perks of having a hair stylist in the family is that I get to try a lot of great, salon-quality products at absolutely no cost to myself. Whenever a product is deemed unsellable (such as when it has a busted lid or pump) or has been returned under certain circumstances, my sister often keeps it for herself or gives it to someone else in our family. About a year ago, she brought me a liter-sized bottle of Paul Mitchell: The Conditioner, and I absolutely love it! On a typical day I put my hair through hell, straightening or curling it at least once (sometimes twice) at temperatures of over 400 degrees. This causes major split ends and breakage, and since I am pretty unwilling to give up my heat styling addiction (don't judge--everyone girl has her own vice), my sister recommends that I use a leave-in conditioner and a heat protectant prior to styling my hair. However, because I have extremely oily hair (it normally gets oily within just 12-24hrs after I wash it), leave-in products have never been a friend of mine. Much to my surprise, this has far exceeded all of my expectations. The first time that I went to use it, seeing it's pale turquoise color that can only be compared to that of a cheap laundry detergent, I think "Wow, this stuff is going to be terrible." I shampooed and rinsed my hair, squirted a quarter-sized amount of this product into my palms, and then applied it to the ponytail region of my hair, concentrating it on the ends. Much to my surprise, a little dallop of this product worked wonders on my coarse hair. After I blow dried it, I noticed that it just felt soft and not at all greasy like I had expected. Overall, I have no complaints. My conditioner came with a pump, so it is super convenient to use. While the color is ugly, the smell is really pleasant--clean and refreshing without smelling like some kind of institution, yet not too perfumy. Though I did not purchase the conditioner myself, I spied a $21.95 price tag, which is not too bad considering that it is a 33.8 oz bottle of a high-end product that I have had for over a year with regular use. I definitely recommend this to anyone who is having those annoying hair issues such split ends or regular breakage.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by talexs

Generally I use Kerastase and Fekkai products on my hair, but lately I noticed that my hair looked dull and seemed dry so I figured I needed to try something new. My Mom has been using this conditioner--and matching shampoo--for a few years and her hair always looks healthy and shiny so I figured I would give it a whirl. After using this for a week or so my fine, blonde, color treated hair looked much shinier but more importantly it looked incredibly healthy. A quarter sized amount was more than enough and I was able to apply the conditioner and rinse, didn't need to try and use it as a deep conditioner, and then get a comb through my hair with ease. This is a very reasonably priced, little to no fragrance conditioner that I will definitely repurchase.