Paul Mitchell The Conditioner

3.8

Not tested on animals

Water (aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, stearyl alcohol, Glycerin, Ceteth-2, Cetrimonium Bromide, Dimethicone Bisamino Hydroxypropyl Copolyol, Dimethicone Misamino Hydroxxypropyl Copolyl,Alge/Aleoe Barbadenis/Chamomile/Henna/Jojoba/Rosemary/Dimethicone Copolyol, Wheatgermnmidopopropyl Ethydimonium Ethosulfate, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), DMDM Hynation Iodiopropynyl Butylcarbarnate.

on 6/5/2012 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I bought this because a hair dresser recommended it and I was going through ever leave in conditioner I could find.

5yrs later I am still using it daily. This product actually puts moisture into your hair and doesn't give it that oily weighted down feeling most of the other have. I pretty much saturate my bleached fried straightened hair with this stuff just after a shower (I have black hair which I bleach blonde) and it has definitly improved the condition of my hair.

Oh it also makes a fantastic skin moisturiser and soaks into some of the hard dry skin that some of my body lotions wont.

I also use a serum or an oil after this has dried in my hair as I find this is an actual moisturiser without the grease factor so for those of us wanting that shiny satiny feel you do need to add that step.

I assume that is why this product has some bad review as there are people who are used to leave in conditioners which are more on the serum side.

But you should anyway shampoo condition moisturise and then seal with an oil/serum anyways =)

on 6/5/2012 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Awesome leave in. I have a hard time finding a good leave in since I need moisture, but cant stand anything heavy that will weigh my hair down/take away volume/ make scalp oily. This is does exacly what the morrocan oil leave in could not do (too heavy/not enough moisture).

As others have described this is a light blue gel with an odd scent (it doesn't last). I put it on wet hair and let it air dry along with a little bit of morrocan hair serum and voila perfect frizz free curls. Hair is soo soft. I can run my fingers through my curly hair. I can also use this if i am blow drying my hair (less quantity to preserve volume)

I side benefit of this is I find myself not having to do deep conditioning treatments since i have begun to use this daily.

Paul Mitchell is also and has always been cruelty free :)

on 1/6/2012 4:57:00 PM

This is brilliant! I have been using this as a leave in before blow drying alternatively to using Morrocan Oil, as i can't afford to use Morrocan Oil everytime I wash. I actually prefer my hair after using this than the oil!! I would'nt re-purchase the oil, but would re-purchase this, as it's reasonably priced and lasts ages as you only need a small amount. Leaves my hair very soft, shiny and easy to style.

I really like this product it helped my hair a lot after damage from bleaching. I can finally run my hands in my hair and its so shiny. Smell of this stuff, not so great. But for what it did to my hair I would buy it again.

on 9/4/2011 3:41:00 AM

This is my HG conditioner. It leaves my hair completely silky. I can actually feel in the shower, the instant I put it on, it is like my hair turns into silk and it stays that way for the rest of the shower. My hair looks fantastic after I use this conditioner. Definitely worth the money.

I also use a deep moisture treatment from ion every now and then to make my hair even less frizzy. Together, the products are my HG. Absolutely. After hours and hours of searching and reading reviews and trying samples, I have found my HG conditioner.

ABOUT THE KNOCK OFF GENERIC VERSION: The knock off product by sally beauty supply (generic) is terrible. I tried it and had both the real and the generic in my shower at the same time, and there was a huge difference. Usually there is no difference, but you have to splurge on this one. Absolutely worth it.

on 7/27/2011 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this leave in! Previous to this I was using the sparay bottle leave ins which didnt really help much with my thick hair and dry ends. I was in Sallys one day and was interested in the generics brand since ive heard many good things about the products. I was looking for a new leave in and picked this up hoping for the best and figured if I didnt like it I didnt spend alot of money on it at all. The bottle is really big and will last forever, mine has 16 ounces but im pretty sure the actual one does as well. The conditioner is an odd color blue and is sort of like a gel consistency but it doesnt feel greasy at all.I dont think the scent is that terrible as others may have described and it doesnt linger that much. It makes my hair feel very soft and it helps with my dry ends and it works on dry hair as well as damp hair. I will be sticking with this one from now on and will update if anything changes.

on 7/21/2011 11:16:00 PM

I love this as a leave-in conditioner. I also really love the scent of it and its fun blue color. My mother first bought it for me years ago. I go back to it every now and then. It works well for my curly hair so that I can avoid tangles and it also reduces frizz. The price is also great for a salon product.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I have been trying to find something to put on my hair after shampooing and conditioning and before blow drying that will keep my lousy fine troubled hair from tangling all up when I blow dry. My hair is very fine and very fragile(even without any processing!) and for some reason tangles up when I blow it dry even though I'm careful and blow on low and just use my fingers as I'm drying. In otherwords, my hair sucks! HA! This is just awesome! I have tried so many spray conditioners and I'm disappointed in all. I have been very happy with Paul Mitchell products! Everything I've tried has been great! For my just past the shoulder length hair, I only use about a pea sized drop!

on 5/6/2011 4:44:00 PM

I love this conditioner. I have long thick hair and a quarter size amount is enough to leave my hair shiny and smelling good. I'm surprised about the bad reviews about the smell. Maybe it had turned.

on 3/7/2011 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I use this as a leave in on damp hair keeps hair soft and moisturized. I have chemically relaxed hair and all Paul Mitchell products seem to work well for me. It has a very fresh scent which is very light and undectable by the time my hair is dry. It has the consistency of a gel kind of and is aqua blue in colour. I only use a tiny amount which is saying alot for me I am so heavy anded with products but with PM products you really dont need alot. Also I am about 9 weeks since my last relaxer so this works ok on my new growth also which after I dry my hair I apply moisturizer (ORS O live Oil brand and coconut oil) and my hair is blinging and shining so I am sticking to Paul Mitchell shampoos and conditioners for live. BTW I recomend using a conditioner before this leave in especially if you are black or have relaxed hair. The shampoo only wash and go cant work for us!

Top Rated Paul Mitchell Products