LUSH Shimmy Shimmy Massage Bar

3.8

Cocoa Butter, Iridescent Glitter, Shea Butter, Perfume, Vanilla Absolute, Clary Sage Oil, Lavender Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, *Linalool, *Coumarin

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is awesome!
It smells divine, like vanilla and lavender (and American Cream conditioner!)
It melts in your hands and leaves your skin soft, shimmery and glowing like a goddess.
The sparkles are an iridescent purple colour.
I love it for once in a while!

on 8/9/2010 4:39:00 AM

CONS - i dont care for the smell of this and it melted so i have to keep it in my fridge.
PROS- the glitter is such a pretty iridescent blue that stays on your skin will rub off somewhat but not flake or fall off. also not a tacky body glitter look.
OVERALL- will stick to lotion for moisture its a nice alternative to body glitter. lush is a cruelty free company and carries many vegan products!

on 5/31/2010 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Good for special events like prom! (I used mine for that) The golden glitter is a bit on the obnoxious side but it's very sexy on the collarbone for a trip to the beach! :D I use it on my legs too for a glistening glow! I wouldn't buy it again anytime soon because a little goes a LONG way. Smells like their American Cream conditioner.

on 4/21/2010 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

the smell is nice, but it's way too much glitter to work with!

on 4/20/2010 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This massage bar is definitely a bundle of fun, and something that really is not meant to be used as an every day moisturizer. Rather this is meant to give you a nice sparkling glow for those nights out on the town when you want that added bit of glitter.

The smell is a soft vanilla, that I would love to be put in a larger massage bar without the glitter. But for the amount of money that Shimmy Shimmy costs, you only get the small heart in return. Although I will admit it does last forever, because you only need one simple slide across the chest to glow like Edward Cullen.

One warning I do have is that this glitter will not come off easily, and I still saw glitter glowing against my skin after I took a shower and completely scrubbed down my body.

Overall the effects are most definitely worth it for a special night out on the town, but this will be very much over the top to use during the daylight, because you will look like a glitter ball exploded on your skin.

on 2/24/2010 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

omg this is a ball of glitter!! the smell is nice but i can't get over the glitter. it gets everywhere and it won't come off! i would only repurchase this if they get rid of the glitter.

on 2/12/2010 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's glittery... you can clearly see the glitter, so don't expect it not to be glittery. Yes it works like a massage bar, but it not incredibly moisturizing. I'm sure it's purpose is to provide a sheen with sparkle. So be aware of where you put it on your body. I use it on my shoulders, collarbone, and chest.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

"Subtle pink glitter. Seductive vanilla. Together in one heart shaped massage bar. Could you ask for more? The glitter is so small and delicate that it leaves you with a bronzed, mystical glow. The fragrance is beautiful and soft with vanilla, lavender and hints of clary sage. If it's some brightening up you need, rub this bar all over your chest and arms for an exquisite shimmer."

I got several of these from LUSH gift sets. I put it on after I showered, and I imagine when it's not freezing it will glide on better. It is EXTREMELY glittery. I don't know what these people are smoking if they think it "leaves you with a bronzed, mystical glow." It leaves you looking like you were attacked with a glitter bomb. At first I thought it was an over spray, but oh no - those suckers are really in there.

The smell is really nice and light - very pleasant. I would probably use this more / purchase this if they had a non-glittery version.

on 1/16/2010 2:34:00 PM

I'm not a fan of this product. This is my first massage bar from Lush, hopefully the other ones are better. It doesn't glide across my skin like I thought it would. It kind of feels like running a bar of soap on my body, it doesn't feel like it sinks into my skin at all. I would not repurchase this item.

on 1/7/2010 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The scent of this has grown on me...at first it smelt a bit like off milk but I do like it now. Its like vanilla/white chocolate almost. It's very moisturising, only complaint is about the stupid sparkles in it. They're quite abrasive and silly looking.

Popular Body Skincare Products