July 28, 2014 | 1962 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Beyond Paradise

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

Tricky. I smelt this, liked it, bought it. I wore it and hated it - it blew my sinuses to kingdom come and they spent days recovering. It's very much crisp hyacinth and honeysuckle on me. After many months I gave it another go against my better judgement and I really, really liked it. I don't know what to think tbh! Maybe I should just use it every few months or so...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by JennifeRx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with Luca Turin (Perfumes The Guide) on this one! Beyond Paradise has been one of my favorites for over 6 years now and I've actually used up an entire bottle. That's saying a lot as I have hundreds of fragrances in my collection. First of all, I think the bottle is just stunning! I hope they never redesign it. About the fragrance-it's a very unique tropical fruity floral that is a bit powdery. I have never smelled anything even close to this fragrance. It's in no way a typical coconutty beachy fragrance. It's more floral and sophisticated. It's a fragrance that can even be worn in the colder weather and has great lasting power. I used to love spraying it on my turtleneck sweaters before I went to work and it would last through my 12 hour shift! When I would work the drive through pharmacy, customers would compliment the fragrance and inquire about it. I believe the perfumer on this one is Calice Becker and she slapped this one out of the park! I'd definitely repurchase!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 4:04:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

I have mixed feelings on this one. It has a unique scent (to me at least) and reading the notes, it appears to have some unique notes. It is a fruity floral. I find it a bit overpowering, but it is one of EL's better fruity florals. The fragrance opens with Eden mist which gives a long lasting tropical wet effect, rare flowers (orange blossom and blue hyacinth) and fruits (Jaboticaba berry). The floral heart is a burst of exotic flowers: laelia orchid, pink honeysuckle, Japanese mahonia. The base is no less exotic, consists of Natal plum blossom, golden melaleuca, zebrano wood, ambrette seed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Classycass01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite perfume of all time! I love it! Smells amazing! It's a flower/rose scent so its not to strong, just right. Great for people who love flowery scents. And the bottle is cute also, love it. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this scent & its a great number - no problems there....for me its just not 100% me. Its quite powerful so needs to be used sparingly.

I think i like the bottle more than the fragrance..however saying that, i would recommend this scent to anyone who loves florals!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 8:36:00 AM More reviews by annielu1810

my mum first wore this perfume and i instantly fell in love with it! she had a sample bottle and gave that to me, but i loved it so much i used it all in two months!!! she got me this again as a suprise christmas gift and i've been using it sparingly so it last! the bottle alone is a piece of art, it reminds me of a sweet colourful tear drop in the sun with all the colours reflected from it....

the fragrance is so fruity and youthful which just suits me so well! plus the scent isnt over baring which is great so you never distract other people!

this perfume has a little twist top which allows the spray nozzle to lock so you won't accidentally realise any of that precious scent!!! such a neat trick!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by happywoman28

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This captures a tropical fantasy of beautiful jungles better than anything.
I really do love this. I love the tropics and anything that can transport me there mentally is cherished.
This gets an A plus for being original and new and unlike anything else.
It has "Eden essence" in it which is an Estee Lauder invention in scents, in partnership with the Eden project in England, a huge state of the art greenhouse where tropical flowers of the world are cultivated.
If the garden of Eden had a smell it would be this. Just wonderful and ingenious. So totally creative, original. I smell wet green leaves, huge orange flowers, all manner of orchids, gingerflower, passionflower, rain,
and everything tropical and wonderful. And like all EL perfumes, it lasts and lasts. Wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by andf79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is the most perfectly refined, feminine, and sophisticated perfume. It is very, very pretty. I absolutely love it. However, my boyfriend's exact words were, "no offense, but it's kind of old lady" and he said it reminded him of sitting in church with his grandma when he was little. So - there you go. I can see how someone would consider it "old lady" because it is a very classic-feeling scent, but...it's just so beautiful that I'll continue to wear it sometimes.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by boara94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked the smell. It lasts a long time~ It was a bit on the pricey side for me though~ But great product! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by hannahflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a while I have been looking for a perfume that I could wear as MY signature scent. I think Beyond Paradise is that perfume. It smells so beautiful, fresh, flowery, and clean. This fragrance is definitely my favorite! I
LOVE that it is not very strong, It does not give me a headache or start to annoy me, I recommend Beyond Paradise to any one who wants a perfume that makes them feel feminine, young, and exotic :D I would give it a 5 star!!!!!!!