Jordana Matte Lipstick

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol Myristyl Ether Acetate, Cetyl Acetate, Talc, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Synthetic Beeswax, Fragrance (Parfum), Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Lanolin, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Alumina, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). +/-May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850),Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 21 Lake (CI 45380), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200),Red 36 (CI 12085), Orange 5 Lake (CI 45370).

on 2/3/2011 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Love these lipsticks. The regular ones are alright, but the matte ones shine - figuratively speaking, of course... 'Natural', 'red' and 'terra cotta' are my faves, terra cotta being my absolute love.

These lipsticks are creamy and pigmented and don't taste like nauseating fake-fruity smelling perfume the way most cheapie BSS lipsticks do. I mean, they don't taste like vanilla bean frapuccinos or anything, but I'm not bothered by the unobtrusive and slighty minty scent.

I picked these up for less than $1.50 each at a local dollar store and at that price, I find myself picking up a new one every time I wander by. Heck, I think I'm going to buy them all, even the colors I wouldn't normally try. At less than a $1.50 each, why not?

on 1/16/2011 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love their matte lipsticks. I usually stick to pinkish hues just because they look best on me. Darker colors makes my face look somewhat hard, and red just just doesn't look right on me.
They are drying, but I always use Chapstick under any lip product I use. The container is ugly, but I could care less as long as it closes securely I am happy.
Great product and cheap prices. Because of products like this I could never imagine paying more then 5 dollars for a lipstick.

on 10/26/2010 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was searching for another drugstore brand that carried matte lipsticks aside from Revlon's, and found the Jordana website. I decided to try it because I couldn't say no to the price. It is sooo cheap! Bought 10 of these all at once, and the price is equal to one expensive department store lipstick. I couldn't go wrong.

And I am in love with Jordana's matte lipsticks! The creamy consistency of these lipsticks are comparable to high end ones like MAC (no kidding!) These are the best drugstore matte lipsticks I've found...ever! The only CON I can think of is the container, it really looks tacky and cheap, very old school... but nevertheless, I still love them!

on 9/12/2010 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I found the line of Matte lipsticks at my local dollar store. I normally do not like matte textures, as I live in the SoCal desert & my lips are constantly dry. However, I couldn't pass up the gorgeous color of Matte Taupe. It looks like MAC's Velvet Teddy by amped up by a few shades. I have pigmented lips so Velvet Teddy makes me look like I have nothing on my lips. Matte Taupe actually makes me look like I have something on while looking natural & clean. It's a fantastic neutral color.

Yes, as the name implies, it is matte & a bit drying. But I found Revlon's now-discontinued matte lipsticks to be even more drying than Jordana's. A light swipe of lipgloss is all it takes to remedy that situation.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I am in love with this lipstick. It is my cheap go to lipstick. I am usually a MAC lipstick girl . But when i saw they had matte lipsticks for a buck i jumped at it. M-33 is a bright red matte lipstick. It is comparable to the MAC RED. It has great staying power and it is a beautiful colour. I am a constantly getting compliments on this shade of lipstick. If you are first trying out red lipstick i would highly recommend this lipstick.

the quality is good at reasnable price but here in EGYPT I bought
this product for 4$ much higher that it`s original price at the USA
but I like the color it was noticable & strong & stays all day
also smells good

on 3/11/2010 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Having already fallen in love with Jordana Blush and Gloss Sensations (I find the eyeshadows a bit hit and miss to be honest) I decided to try the lipsticks. I ended up getting two matte ones because, well, I liked the colours best! These are a *little* bit drying but I have yet to find any brand of truly matte lipstick that isn't... they don't smell nasty and artificial or fake fruity so I'm happy about that. The packaging is pretty cheap looking but sturdy and functional enough - I hate clear lidded lipstick containers in general (even if it does make selecting the colour you want easier) but these are so cheap and otherwise great I am still giving them the full 5 marks for product.
I got Lavender Lady - a cool, lilac toned mauve pink - it makes a nice contrast with my medium yellow toned skin and looks very ladylike!
Then I picked up Rafael, which is a warm coral peachy pink shimmery shade (yes, a shimmery matte colour!) - in the tube this one reminds me a lot of Lancome Color Fever in Pink To The Club but goes on a LOT more pigmented and with a lot less shine, but still has a lovely golden gleam to it. Looks amazing with a clear gloss over the top!
Yes, you do need to have your lips in tip top condition to pull off matte successfully because they DO highlight every little flaw or patch of flakiness or dryness and yes, I also like to apply a balm underneath but man, for the money, these are pretty primo pretty!

on 12/13/2009 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Jordana really beats out its competition with this stuff. I've found that Jordana's lipstick tends to last longer than any other $0.99 cent brand (NYC, we're looking at you).

The only problem I've found with this company's lipstick line, other than being insanely dry, is that most of their colors they sell in stores seem dark-hued. Matte is probably the lightest lipstick line within the whole company that I've come across while venturing through nearby dollar stores. Their fair-complected lipsticks aren't easily found.

Which for pale skinned people like myself, this sales gimmick is a total let-down.

With this in mind, I'll continue to purchase Jordana products. Their eyeshadows are decent as well.

applied really well.

on 5/8/2009 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I finally bought my first Jordana matte lipstick today at SaveMart b/c of all the good reviews I've read here. I got the matte natural, but I was a little hesitant to buy it at first because the color from the tube doesn't look natural at all, in fact it looks reddish-brown. Nonetheless, I bought the lipstick because it's only $1.25.
Sadly to say, I'm a little disappointed because the color does not look natural on my lips, it looks brick brown. I'm still happy though because the lipstick is indeed matte, very soft and lightweight, and smells good. Now, I need to find a Jordana matte lipstick that does look natural or nude on my lips.

Popular Lipsticks