Jordana Matte Lipstick

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol Myristyl Ether Acetate, Cetyl Acetate, Talc, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Synthetic Beeswax, Fragrance (Parfum), Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Lanolin, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Alumina, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). +/-May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850),Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 21 Lake (CI 45380), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200),Red 36 (CI 12085), Orange 5 Lake (CI 45370).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I currently have 2 of these and I'm definitely going to get more! Granted, the packaging sucks and looks very dated, but the actual lipsticks are beautiful. They are a nice and creamy matte, not too dry and nicely pigmented. I have Pink Passion a d Mystery. Pink Passion is a little light for my medium olive skin but it works beautifully when mixed with other colors. When I mix it with Mystery (a deep berry) it becomes a beautiful, deep rose. I love them!

I bought the red shade (Hot Red, i think its called?) and I like it. Its a bright red that really makes my lips stand out. I am a matte red lip junkie and this is perfect for my collection. The packaging is horrible, they're like the NYC lipsticks, but its easy enough just to be careful when closing the tube. Also, I suggest wearing a lip liner with this product, just to make it pop even more and give the lips more definition.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've been wearing Jordana Matte Lipsticks for over 20 years! I discovered them when i was 21 and fell in love! I've tried many other lipsticks and always come back to Jordana. Dirt cheap price but high level quality! Shades are perfect, staying power perfect, creamy yet matte formula, just perfection in every respect. The best shades i'm currently in love with are Matte Honey and Matte Terra Cotta. And when you layer and combine the two it's even more perfect! I love their lip pencils too especially the Latte one! I just ordered their Flawless Powder foundation and am excited to try it. Will review that separately when i get it. I so wish there were more stores that sold the Jordana brand. I can only order it online since i'm in Orlando. But the delivery is fast, they package it well so even in the summer heat the lipsticks arrive fresh and cool. Just an amazing company that i hope never goes out of business! The big brand names that have the nerve to charge $20 for a lipstick that runs off your lips should take note! This is how you keep customers. Excellent product, excellent prices and customer service. I couldn't be happier! The shade Honey is beautiful!!!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have Terra cotta, and it is such a gorgeous brick colour on my medium-honey skintone. Unfortunately this lipstick is a little dry and emphasizes the creases in my lips, but they stay on for quite a while and for the price I don't regret buying it. I'll still keep looking for a better one though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this in a shade called simply natural. The color is gorgeous! It's a natural nude shade leaning more towards a pink nude than a peach. Long lasting color that doesn't flake on lips. Really pretty on it's own but like other reviewers said, it might be kind of dry so a little gloss wouldn't hurt.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Love love love Jordana matte ls. In the photo above I am wearing Tangerine Tango. What a pleasant feel on my lips. beautiful orangey red matte lipstick. I will buy again. It is dirt cheap. So unbelievable!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This lipstick in Taupe has become my HG nude (i'm between NC 30-35.) i wish it were a touch pinker, but it's the only lippie i wear that gets consistently complimented. the staying power is also outstanding. i'm stockpiling these just in case Jordana ever discontinues them!
oh, and aside from loving the color and the formulation, they're $1.25. can't beat that with a stick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in a Burgundy shade,not sure of the actual shade name but it is so beautiful!!!It has great staying power.It's become my fav lippie:D

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

While I was visiting my boyfriend in California, we went into a grocery store called FoodMaxx. They had a whole bunch of Jordana products and they had these lipsticks there for 1.29. I bought one called Matte Eggplant, which is a dark wine color. It is a great color and lipstick, my favorite type of lipstick is matte by the way because i dont like smearing, shine or glitter and this lipstick is perfect because of that. I love darker colors and this color is great. As other;s have said this lipstick is a bit drying, but it's not something i worry about 2 much since i love the fact that it doesnt smear. A little lip balm will fiz that by the way. Since then i have bought another lipstick Taupe and it works great as well. Will be buying more in the future.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE these lipsticks! My fave is Matte Brazil, which is a rusty-red color. If you can't find these at a drugstore or dollar store near you, go to the Jordana website. The cost of shipping is worth it, because you're paying so little as it is, and you can afford to risk trying a new color.

Pros: Great matte texture, dirt cheap, lots of different colors on the website, great staying power

Cons: A bit drying (just be prepared and use lip balm or moisturizer), package looks cheap, can be hard to find in stores

For me, the pros outweigh the cons of this lipstick. Outside of the Jordana website, I don't think I've ever seen any advertising for them. I first heard of them through the reviews here, and I'm so grateful!

Recommended for Medium Skin