August 22, 2014 | 1909 users online

Lipstick - Jordana - Matte Lipstick

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was searching for another drugstore brand that carried matte lipsticks aside from Revlon's, and found the Jordana website. I decided to try it because I couldn't say no to the price. It is sooo cheap! Bought 10 of these all at once, and the price is equal to one expensive department store lipstick. I couldn't go wrong.

And I am in love with Jordana's matte lipsticks! The creamy consistency of these lipsticks are comparable to high end ones like MAC (no kidding!) These are the best drugstore matte lipsticks I've found...ever! The only CON I can think of is the container, it really looks tacky and cheap, very old school... but nevertheless, I still love them!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by zoey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found the line of Matte lipsticks at my local dollar store. I normally do not like matte textures, as I live in the SoCal desert & my lips are constantly dry. However, I couldn't pass up the gorgeous color of Matte Taupe. It looks like MAC's Velvet Teddy by amped up by a few shades. I have pigmented lips so Velvet Teddy makes me look like I have nothing on my lips. Matte Taupe actually makes me look like I have something on while looking natural & clean. It's a fantastic neutral color.

Yes, as the name implies, it is matte & a bit drying. But I found Revlon's now-discontinued matte lipsticks to be even more drying than Jordana's. A light swipe of lipgloss is all it takes to remedy that situation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by juliejoanna28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this lipstick. It is my cheap go to lipstick. I am usually a MAC lipstick girl . But when i saw they had matte lipsticks for a buck i jumped at it. M-33 is a bright red matte lipstick. It is comparable to the MAC RED. It has great staying power and it is a beautiful colour. I am a constantly getting compliments on this shade of lipstick. If you are first trying out red lipstick i would highly recommend this lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 4:23:00 AM More reviews by shereenmohsen

the quality is good at reasnable price but here in EGYPT I bought
this product for 4$ much higher that it`s original price at the USA
but I like the color it was noticable & strong & stays all day
also smells good

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Having already fallen in love with Jordana Blush and Gloss Sensations (I find the eyeshadows a bit hit and miss to be honest) I decided to try the lipsticks. I ended up getting two matte ones because, well, I liked the colours best! These are a *little* bit drying but I have yet to find any brand of truly matte lipstick that isn't... they don't smell nasty and artificial or fake fruity so I'm happy about that. The packaging is pretty cheap looking but sturdy and functional enough - I hate clear lidded lipstick containers in general (even if it does make selecting the colour you want easier) but these are so cheap and otherwise great I am still giving them the full 5 marks for product.
I got Lavender Lady - a cool, lilac toned mauve pink - it makes a nice contrast with my medium yellow toned skin and looks very ladylike!
Then I picked up Rafael, which is a warm coral peachy pink shimmery shade (yes, a shimmery matte colour!) - in the tube this one reminds me a lot of Lancome Color Fever in Pink To The Club but goes on a LOT more pigmented and with a lot less shine, but still has a lovely golden gleam to it. Looks amazing with a clear gloss over the top!
Yes, you do need to have your lips in tip top condition to pull off matte successfully because they DO highlight every little flaw or patch of flakiness or dryness and yes, I also like to apply a balm underneath but man, for the money, these are pretty primo pretty!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by lilaleahg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Jordana really beats out its competition with this stuff. I've found that Jordana's lipstick tends to last longer than any other $0.99 cent brand (NYC, we're looking at you).

The only problem I've found with this company's lipstick line, other than being insanely dry, is that most of their colors they sell in stores seem dark-hued. Matte is probably the lightest lipstick line within the whole company that I've come across while venturing through nearby dollar stores. Their fair-complected lipsticks aren't easily found.

Which for pale skinned people like myself, this sales gimmick is a total let-down.

With this in mind, I'll continue to purchase Jordana products. Their eyeshadows are decent as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by ChelseaElizabeth

applied really well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by cocopuffs12

I finally bought my first Jordana matte lipstick today at SaveMart b/c of all the good reviews I've read here. I got the matte natural, but I was a little hesitant to buy it at first because the color from the tube doesn't look natural at all, in fact it looks reddish-brown. Nonetheless, I bought the lipstick because it's only $1.25.
Sadly to say, I'm a little disappointed because the color does not look natural on my lips, it looks brick brown. I'm still happy though because the lipstick is indeed matte, very soft and lightweight, and smells good. Now, I need to find a Jordana matte lipstick that does look natural or nude on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by wee_moggie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thanks to you all, I really wanted to try these lipsticks, since I love matte lipsticks. However, I had never seen them in my Walgreens, which is the only place that carries Jordana that I had ever seen. They have the eye and lip liners and glosses, but no lipsticks. So then the hunt began! A Walgreens employee told me to go to Savemart, so I went there, and they sell everything Jordana BUT the matte lipsticks! An employee there told me to go Food Maxx, and I finally found the matte lipsticks there, but not all the colors listed online. However, I did get five of them, and they were on sale, so I paid a total of $6.50 USD for five lipsticks! I got Brown, 5th Avenue, Cafe, Terra Cotta, oh and I got Chocolate in the regular lipstick.

The matte lipsticks are amazing! Very drying, yes, but just be prepared and treat your lips beforehand. I make sure my lips are completely exfoliated, and I put a little Vaseline on. The colors are true to what they look like in the tube, and as you all know, that's not always the case for lipsticks!

I really wanted the other colors, so after much, much searching, I found a place online that sells Jordana cosmetics and they had the other colors I wanted, so I just ordered those.

I can't believe how cheap these are! On me, the Matte Brown is almost an exact match for MAC's X-S, and one fifth the price. Thanks so much, MakeupAlley people!

P.S. The regular Chocolate lipstick is great, too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

These are still a tad drying so I recommend exfoliating and moisturizing beforehand or it'll enhance flaking/dry chapped lips but otherwise these have great lasting power, a nice scent (similar to MAC vanilla scent so no cheap lipstick smell here), no taste yet very light weight for a matte lipstick. The look and quality of these are way beyond the price tag of $1-$2. Matte lipsticks in general aren't so easy to find especially outside of a mid-high end brand market, you can't beat this deal!

The packaging is that cheapo 80's type packaging but the cap is pretty secure (it snaps close), and since it's really inexpensive I don't mind. For other low end mattes, I've liked NYX and Nicka K but both only offer lipsticks in semi-matte so they build up a slight glossy look if you apply a lot. Jordana's are true to the product name. It's also really nice how they actually seperate their lipstick finish by different packaging color so you won't be confused with what you're getting :)