Jordana Matte Lipstick

Price: $

Price: $

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol Myristyl Ether Acetate, Cetyl Acetate, Talc, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Synthetic Beeswax, Fragrance (Parfum), Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Lanolin, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Alumina, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). +/-May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850),Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 21 Lake (CI 45380), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200),Red 36 (CI 12085), Orange 5 Lake (CI 45370).

on 2/20/2013 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have Terra cotta, and it is such a gorgeous brick colour on my medium-honey skintone. Unfortunately this lipstick is a little dry and emphasizes the creases in my lips, but they stay on for quite a while and for the price I don't regret buying it. I'll still keep looking for a better one though.

on 12/29/2012 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this in a shade called simply natural. The color is gorgeous! It's a natural nude shade leaning more towards a pink nude than a peach. Long lasting color that doesn't flake on lips. Really pretty on it's own but like other reviewers said, it might be kind of dry so a little gloss wouldn't hurt.

on 11/15/2012 3:52:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Love love love Jordana matte ls. In the photo above I am wearing Tangerine Tango. What a pleasant feel on my lips. beautiful orangey red matte lipstick. I will buy again. It is dirt cheap. So unbelievable!!!

on 10/15/2012 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This lipstick in Taupe has become my HG nude (i'm between NC 30-35.) i wish it were a touch pinker, but it's the only lippie i wear that gets consistently complimented. the staying power is also outstanding. i'm stockpiling these just in case Jordana ever discontinues them!
oh, and aside from loving the color and the formulation, they're $1.25. can't beat that with a stick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have this in a Burgundy shade,not sure of the actual shade name but it is so beautiful!!!It has great staying power.It's become my fav lippie:D

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

While I was visiting my boyfriend in California, we went into a grocery store called FoodMaxx. They had a whole bunch of Jordana products and they had these lipsticks there for 1.29. I bought one called Matte Eggplant, which is a dark wine color. It is a great color and lipstick, my favorite type of lipstick is matte by the way because i dont like smearing, shine or glitter and this lipstick is perfect because of that. I love darker colors and this color is great. As other;s have said this lipstick is a bit drying, but it's not something i worry about 2 much since i love the fact that it doesnt smear. A little lip balm will fiz that by the way. Since then i have bought another lipstick Taupe and it works great as well. Will be buying more in the future.

on 10/2/2011 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE these lipsticks! My fave is Matte Brazil, which is a rusty-red color. If you can't find these at a drugstore or dollar store near you, go to the Jordana website. The cost of shipping is worth it, because you're paying so little as it is, and you can afford to risk trying a new color.

Pros: Great matte texture, dirt cheap, lots of different colors on the website, great staying power

Cons: A bit drying (just be prepared and use lip balm or moisturizer), package looks cheap, can be hard to find in stores

For me, the pros outweigh the cons of this lipstick. Outside of the Jordana website, I don't think I've ever seen any advertising for them. I first heard of them through the reviews here, and I'm so grateful!

on 5/10/2011 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

These lippies are affordable and long lasting. I have a TON of them for everyday wear. You must moisturize your lips as they can be a bit drying. great color selection.

on 3/2/2011 1:08:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I adore their lipsticks! They stay on forever & what you see is the color you get. Some are a bit dry, but for a buck, who cares? I buy more of them at the dollar store every time I go. :)

on 2/3/2011 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Love these lipsticks. The regular ones are alright, but the matte ones shine - figuratively speaking, of course... 'Natural', 'red' and 'terra cotta' are my faves, terra cotta being my absolute love.

These lipsticks are creamy and pigmented and don't taste like nauseating fake-fruity smelling perfume the way most cheapie BSS lipsticks do. I mean, they don't taste like vanilla bean frapuccinos or anything, but I'm not bothered by the unobtrusive and slighty minty scent.

I picked these up for less than $1.50 each at a local dollar store and at that price, I find myself picking up a new one every time I wander by. Heck, I think I'm going to buy them all, even the colors I wouldn't normally try. At less than a $1.50 each, why not?

Recommended for Medium Skin