July 30, 2014 | 1157 users online

Other - Ben Nye - Final Seal

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by celina5847

I've only used Model in a Bottle and Final Seal & I have to say that I like both. I had to transfer MIAB into another spray bottle because the bottle that it came in is a piece of junk in my opinion (pkging has been redesigned...so that's a good thing). I do find that FS leaves my face looking shiny so I apply my setting powder and mascara AFTER spraying my face. Both of these work great but I like MIAB a bit more because it makes the face look a bit more matte w/ a Slight dewy finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by MoonChild02

Final Seal is the best makeup setting spray I've ever used, hands-down.

I play a fairy at a Renaissance Faire a few times a year, and am outside all day. Final Seal keeps my makeup on like nothing else. I used to have to constantly touch up my makeup, because it would just melt right off my face, especially when I was out at gate duty. Final Seal stops my makeup from melting off or fading, keeping it right where it is.

I also use it every time I put on makeup to go out, and even my day-to-day makeup stays in place with Final Seal.

I should also mention that I have used Make Up For Ever's Mist & Fix, Urban Decay's All Nighter, and ELF's Makeup Mist & Set. Though I wanted to love those (especially the first two), they really didn't help my makeup stay on. Final Seal does. I've also used Model in a Bottle for sensitive skin, which actually is comparable to Final Seal, but still not as awesome (or as affordable).

For those having trouble with droplets, try holding the bottle further from your face, or even buy a different type of spray bottle, such as an atomizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by PopConfusion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. Makeup doesn't like to stay on my face regardless of what combination of primers, sealers, finishers, whatever, but with Final Seal it'll stay put for hours. Unless I'm caught in a torrential downpour or end up sweating buckets (hello dancing nonstop for 4 hours...) my makeup doesn't move until I thoroughly wash my face. Not to mention it is the best thing I've found to set water-based makeups like Kryolan Aquacolor.

The mint is slightly unappealing and can sting my eyes if I'm not careful, but it disappears quickly and is something I can easily overlook thanks to the results it gives.

Tip: If you use the spray method, old the spray bottle at least 3/4 arms length and give it 3-5 sprays (drying a bit between each spray) to make sure you get full coverage. If you hold it too close won't give you even coverage and the bigger drops can ruin your makeup. You can tell when it dries and where it has covered because it makes the skin feel slightly tighter, but it is a temporary feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Evilyn1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS IS THE BEST MAKEUP SETTING SPRAY EVER.
LIKE EVER.
I bought this off of makeupmania and the shipping time was super fast. I bought the smaller bottle to try out, and it was very inexpensive.

It has a light minty scent, which I find kind of refreshing. It lingers for a little while, but it doesn't offend or bother me at all.

Now, this stuff is not kidding when it comes to setting your makeup. I have VERY Oily skin and nothing ever really seems to keep my makeup from sliding around. I wore this on top of a full face of makeup (no primer though), went on a 3 mile power walk while pushing a stroller, and guess what? Even though I was sweaty, my makeup was still perfectly in place. PERFECT!!!!!!

I almost gave this a lower rating, but in the end, I didn't because although it does nothing for keeping my oil at bay, it never claimed to be an oil absorber. If they could make that happen, this spray right here, would be the best invention EVER. I will never use another spray.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I am not sure why there are so many good reviews, I have tried this twice now, thinking it was the foundation underneath that was the problem. Nope.

I used this over the graftobian hd creme foundation, then over that was the Ben Nye bella luxury powder, then I sprayed my face. It doesn't spritz out evenly or fine at all, there were definatley some large droplets on my face.

At first I was in love, my skin looked pretty good, a little shiny and plasticky but kinda glowy. Then hours later, I looked close up in the mirror and to my horror my skin was cracked out like a turtle shell or crackle nail polish, the most obvious was my nose, it was disturbing. I tried to blend it away but it just made it worse. I thought it could have been the ben nye powder because it's got talc in it but nope.

Tried this again today, over the cinema secrets foundation. The crackle came hours later but not as noticeable but my face was SHINY and I blotted it and ew, I looked at my tissue and traces of foundation and oil everywhere.

I'm not giving up on makeup setting sprays, but this one is horrible. Will try other ones!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

If you want your make up to be sweat-proof and rain-proof, get Final Seal. Initially I wanted to purchase Urban Decay's 'All Nighter' setting spray but bought Ben Nye's due to the fact I've had good experiences with previous products and that they use this spray in theatre with high-energy dancers. I love using Final Seal, it does exactly what I want it to do, typically I spray 4-5 sprays over my entire face after doing my make up and wait for it to dry. It doesn't move or fade my make up, it just locks everything in place. I can feel my face getting hot and sweaty, but when I check in the mirror, I can't see it at all! Which means Final Seal is great at it's job. It has a minty mouthwash scent, which I quickly got over.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by anglerfish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this as a cheaper alternative to Kryolan's fixing spray and I'd say you get what you pay for!

Pros:
- Price
- Didn't break me out

Cons:
- Has a sickly peppermint smell which is unpleasant and disconcerting to apply to the face
- Doesn't work due to application method. Spritzer does not create a fine mist but big globules of product that does not cover the face. I tried applying with brush like some recommendations, even though I blotted with a good quality (Benefit) foundation brush, it just took all my make up off. Result was blotchy make up that stuck that way
- Causes make up to sink into pores, I ended up with a polkadot nose.
- Make up didn't stay, when I tried to apply more over the top I couldn't rub it in over the Final Seal, again blotchy

In short I don't see any redeeming quality of this product, can't understand the rave reviews

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I pretty much agree with all positive (4-5) reviews here with a 4-5 rating. I bought this last week after getting frustrated with seals that either dry out my skin or break me out due to mineral oils and/or silicone. Wow. I tried it two ways; sprayed it directly on my finished face. Two, sprayed it on a damp sponge and patted it on.

Both ways worked very well. I cannot compare this to any other product, maybe Sue Devitt - maybe - but without the seaweed extracts. etc. It did not leave me matte per se, but that's because I use two types of shimmer on my face.

I also sprayed a spoolie with and used it to set my eyebrows and it held just fine. Not HE eyebrow seal fine, but well enough. I don't wear makeup more than 8-9 hours a day normally, so this was fine for me.

The brochure says it was really made for tv and film makeup which is major because of the types of makeup applied in those cases along with the long hours of shooting, so I figure that for the price and ingredients. it's really good enough for me.

It's really nice to know that I don't "have' to have Sue D's, (although that's really my fav) when I have this around and can happily have a high end and low end type in my stash. I'm happy with this, very happy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Long time user of Final Seal. I've read some negatives and believe some may be result of application. I've used a variety of methods: small spray bottle, close eyes and spray. Spray in the air and walk into the mist, or spray on a clean brush and put it where I want it. I say find your best way and enjoy all day perfection. Makeup does not move - and I'm very oily.

My makeup does not cake or crease and that's a blessing around the eyes. Just spray on a clean brush and pat down concealer to set.
And no breakouts.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by shadesofyellow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, just wow. I have an acne-prone skin w/a very oily t-zone. Final Seal is not kidding when it says, 'seal'. At the end of a 10-hour day my face looks nearly as good as when I left the house. My t-zone does not get oily at all.
I do however have two issues, but I think it has more to do with the Kryolan Anti-Shine Powder I use. On my nose, where I am most oily, the powder sort of accumulates near the oily pores (not cute at all). And since I used Final Seal over it, I can't buff it out when I notice it during the day. So I end up with these weird spots on my nose (and sometimes chin). Again, not really Final Seal's problem, it's just doing its job.
Second issue is the pump/mister. It doesn't spray in a fine mist which is crucial for this product to work well. I get some fat droplets that, if I don't blot before it dries, will be evident on my face. I've stopped using this until I can find a better mister.
I'm not sure if this would be a great product for drier skin folks because I think the mattifiying effect might have to do with the SD alcohol sucking up the facial oils.