L'Occitane Verbena Shower Gel

4.2

Aqua/Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocoglucoside, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Chloride, Lippia Citriodora Flower Exctract, Parfum/Fragrance, Gardenia Florida Extract, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Citral, Limonene, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 19140/Yellow 5 - CI 42090/Blue 1.

on 1/2/2009 11:08:00 AM

Not bad, but not my favourite shower gel... I am not crazy about lemon scent.
Nothing special for such pricey price.

on 7/30/2008 7:52:00 PM

Oh how I love this shower gel! Perfect scent of summer --smells like verbena leaves with a little bit of lemon. I feel refreshed and relaxed after showering with this, and it's both great to use in the morning to jump start your day and at night after a hot, sweaty day. The moisturizing properties are fine for me, but I don't have particularly dry skin and usually follow with a lotion anyway. Yes, I would re-purchase despite the price.

on 7/11/2008 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The smell is light, I could see this scent being unisex. It smells like lemon and herbs. Normally I tend to lean toward really girly, fruity, flowery shower gels, so this one was different. Its not bad but its not my favorite. I got this as a sample, the flip top is very thin so I'm afraid i'll break it. I don't think I will buy this, simply cause i like girly s/gells.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Oh I love the scent!

I use this gel in summer, a long with the Eau de Toilette… it’s real fresh, pick-me-up fragrance.
This gel is a very good product: it does not dry your skin; the lather is not as rich as in other shower gels, but believe, me, this is much better as it’s the huge foaming/lathering that generally dries & damages your skin.
This one is really gentle to the skin!

I highly recommend this gel to the ones that like fresh, citrus shower gels!

on 2/12/2008 7:23:00 PM

I received this as a gift from Sephora, and I really didn't expect much. I was pleasantly surprised at how wonderful the fragrance is, and how well it cleaned. The other reviewer is correct - it takes more product to get a lather with staying power. As this was a trial size, I haven't looked at all of the ingredients. If it contains nothing harnful, I will repurchase it.

on 9/25/2007 7:15:00 PM

This is a nice, but ultra expensive product. I find I have to use a lot on my sponge to get any sort of lather, and although the fragrance is a faithful replica of lemon verbena with a touch of Love's Fresh Lemon from the 70's (which I do love), it dissipates from my skin within 15 minutes of bathing. The scent does last slightly longer with additional application of body lotion. All in all, a nice summertime splurge that leave you feeling cool and delicious (I do not find it moisturizing), if you have the cash to splash around.

on 5/17/2007 6:12:00 PM

I purchased this for the lovely lemon verbena scent. It is so fresh and summery, definitely a feel good shower gel. As a bath gel, it lathers up nicely and does not leave a residue. Also does not dry out my skin. Free of paraben preservatives. It is ridiculously priced though.

on 3/14/2007 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Received this as a bathroom amenity during a recent stay at a hotel along with the body lotion, a shampoo, bar soap, and conditioner. Never tried L'Occitane products before, but this and a few other toiletries I got as freebies has made me a convert. I love how refreshing and clean this stuff smells, and I don't think it is drying at all. (On the other hand, I always follow up with a body lotion, so I may not notice it much if it does). Smells heavenly and luxurious. I plan on running out and buying fullsize L'Occitane products at the first opportunity based on this experience.

on 9/16/2006 10:33:00 AM

This smells exactly like lemon verbena leaves. I also adore the packaging. I wouldn't mind having this in my bathroom for when I feel like it (the fresh scent is especially nice in summmer) though I would not reach for it every day. The smell does not really linger, but I don't mind since I would not want to wear this scent as a perfume. Also, it is not moisturising like a shower oil so you do need to use body lotion afterwards. It makes me feel refreshed. Why is there no option for "might possibly repuchase"?

on 8/4/2006 5:19:00 AM

I find this a bit drying, but it smells divine - just like crushed verbena leaves.