July 30, 2014 | 1773 users online

Highlighters - Eyeko - Eyeko's Cream

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product has no value at all and I was very disappointed. It does none of the things they claim on their site.

I used this all over my face and it had zero moisturising effect and once it dried it started to peel off and gave me flaky skin. No good under foundation for the flaking reason.

It cannot be used in lieu of foundation unless you really do like to look like a glowing alien.

I really wouldn't suggest using as an eyecream again because it peels once dry and can't be good for the fragile eye area.

I was disappointed to find that even though it looks like a generous amount of product the tub actually has a false bottom and is only half full.

The only thing this product has going for it is cute packaging.

I would not buy this product again, its expensive when you have to throw it away.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2009 2:36:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

I use this as a highlighter only. I can't understand those who actually use this for a moisturizer or together with foundation all over the face - it is too thick for that purpose. As a highlighter, it is pretty good. It has a very subtle shimmer/gleam to it without being glittery. There's no strong smell to it which is always a plus. I wouldn't purchase again because it feels so thick and drying on my skin. I'm sure there are better cream highlighters out there. I'm also not impressed with their shipping. My items took over one month to arrive. Lastly, I'm always suspicious towards cosmetics companies with a largely online presence that rely heavily on inconspicuous advertising through supposedly peer-reviews in Youtube or online blogs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 10:42:00 AM More reviews by xAysha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

cute pink 36ml screwtop tub/pot, on opening there is a white plastic lid/seal you take off to reveal the cream, the tub is completely full to the brim with cream which is good as you get your moneys-worth but its basically over flowing, so i recommend keeping the seal on or cream will get everywhere everytime you open it, its hard to put it back you have to push it down and cream seaps out the edges.

its a baby pink, pearly, golden, opalescent shimmer, it has no scent which is disapointing, i wish it smelt like vanilla or something! (slightly smells like play dough or paint if u sniff in the tub but not enough to bother me). i think when applied to the skin it dries way to quickly which can kind of make it look patchy as some areas dry then goes abit funny on your skin as you try to blend it but if you work quick and dont use alot its ok.

it doesnt feel very moisturising so i wouldnt use this as an eye cream or moisturiser on its own, although it does have vit A, E and C so it must be good for your skin!

i mix abit on the back of my hand with my moisturiser then apply that, then i apply Dr Feelgood on needed areas to stop me getting oily throughout the day, then my foundation & the rest of my makeup, then i use Eyeko Cream again on my browbone and sometimes my eyelid too. ive even used it on my lips a few times, dab a tiny amount and apply clear gloss just for slight shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2009 6:22:00 PM More reviews by truthfullies29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this!! it doesn't work as a moisturizer at all, but i didn't buy it for that and so that didn't bother me at all. I use this as a highlighter on my cheekbones and as an eye primer, it works pretty well for both i find that it is a good alternative to UDPP for shimmery looks as it is soooo much cheaper especially for the huge amount of product you get. I would definitely buy this again as i've been using it pretty much everyday since i bought it a couple months ago and i still like it just as much as i did at first.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by KingTaco

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This isn't emollient enough to use as an eye cream or a moisturizer, but it really is lovely. It's a glowy golden color that is really versatile. I can imagine using it on my cheeks, on my nose, on my cleavage, or down my shins. Pretty! It's a giant tub too, so for the ~$8 it cost, it's a great price. Free shipping too, you can't beat that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by genica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't think this is a good moisturizer or eye cream but it's a great highlighter. This has no moisturizing qualities to speak of. However the pearlescent sheen this gives is gorgeous - not ott at all. This is very inexpensive and you get a lot of product for the money. Blends easily. I'm usually hesitant to put any cream product on top my powder foundation because it can end up a mess, but I don't have a problem with this product. I also tried using this as a primer. I have skin that gets shiny throughout the day, so for the first 3-4 hours I had a pretty glow but by mid-day it was overkill. I should also mention that I've never tried a primer that I've liked so it may not be the fault of this specific product. Still, this is probably my favorite highlighter I've ever used because of affordability, ease to work with, and the end result which makes a noticable and flattering difference to my complection. Will undoubtedly repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2009 10:04:00 AM More reviews by xsophiemckennax

I love it!!
i use it all the time.. i use it as a base or else i mix it with my foundation!!!
i then I put bronzer on and then put EYEKO HIGHLIGHTER on over the bronzer so it looks like a sunkissed glow!
benefit high beam is also good but eyeko comes in a much larger tub that lasts me for ages and ages and it smells amazing!!! also eyekos and benefit ...i feel are very similar yet benefit is more expensive!!
i recommend it.. i got mine in henri bendel!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by jad3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is marketed as a 3 in 1 cream. Moisturiser, highlighter and eye cream.

Tried it as an eye cream at first. Eyes itched horribly later.

Tried it as an moisturiser. Not moisturising at all.

It's a great highlighter though, with a lot of golden and pink sparkles. It gives a nice shimmer to the face, but if you overdo it you can look like a little discoball. Not too sure how long the iridescent stays on though, because it always makes my eyes too watery to keep it on my face for long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by reallychelseawow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So I got mine for free from the website when I entered the code E2784. I bought the eyeshadow in Pretty and strawberry fat balm. I wasn't expecting this as a free gift.
I totally adore this! I'm very pale and have difficulty with trying to find foundations or coverups that are pale enough. I don't have a lot to cover up however, just the occasional hormonal zit. This however does an amazing job of just making my skin looking glowing, radiant and fades any left over red marks from blemishes.
I have fairly oily skin, but I didn't notice this get super oily.
I haven't applied to my face all over yet. I mix a bit with a squirt of Fruit of the Earth SPF 50 sunscreen, and apply. Then on days I feel like putting some extra effort, I add some more to areas I want to highlight. On days I get no sleep or am out far too late, everyone still compliments me on how I look radiant, never tired or dull.
I loooooove this stuff! Even though I got it for free, $10 from the website with free shipping, totally amazing!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2009 12:35:00 PM More reviews by SugarBlush

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm addicted! <3
I love this cream! I got this for free from eyeko and the first time I used it, I was like "ehhhh" and didn't like it cuz I thought it was too shimmery for my medium skin tone. But then I saw a review suggesting to mix it with your foundation or moisturizer. So I tried that cuz I wanted to love this thing so bad so i mixed it with my daily moisturizer and guess what? I LOVED IT. It made my skin look dewy, healthy and brighter. Plus, I'm addicted to the light, fresh smell lol. I'm always looking forward to school so I can use this cream cuz I hardly go out anyways except to school. Eyeko cream made me like school! lol

OH and you get a lot of product for $8 (I got mine for free though)!!! Pretty good deal. But it would've been better than ever if its not in a tub cuz that's kind of unsanitary. BUT I STILL LOVE IT THOUGH! <3