October 22, 2014 | 1841 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Glossimer - Spark

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

I was late to the Glossimer wagon but very glad I gave them a try. Spark is a beautful pinky red. Just the right shade so as to not be too brown, too pink, too bright. Great slip it on shade. Love the slight shimmer and the pigmentation is just enough - so many times lipglosses are not pigmented enough. Glossimers stay on too and they aren't sticky!

Update - this has stood the test of time - the Glossimers seem to last longer while the Aqualumieres I purchased went bad before a year had passed. Also this shade really perks up my face without looking like Im wearing a lot of color on my lips. Lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Naty1209

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on my second tube of this color. I absolutely LOVE this shade. It looks beautiful alone or ontop of another color. GORGEOUS!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My husband got this for me as a little "beauty treat" as I never buy Chanel makeup. So this is my first foray into the much-feted Chanel Glossimers. It's certainly a nice-quality lipgloss and a very pretty shade of vivid berry with gold shimmer (although the shimmer is subtle and overall, I wouldn't call it a warm shade--if it were any cooler I couldn't get away with it). Not sticky, lasts well and fades evenly, fairly opaque coverage.

BUT, I could say the same of Revlon Super Lustrous l/g and Maybelline Color Sensational l/g and for Pete's sake, L.A. Colors Glossy Lips. The Glossimers packaging isn't even that special on Chanel l/g: standard square tube, with a double-c logo on the black cap. In short, there is nothing to justify the $30 price tag, IMO. It's not a bad lip gloss, it's just not a standout.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by psychdr

This is a truly gorgeous lip gloss that will look amazing over any shade of lipstick. Unfortunately, it's VERY pricy and you may be able to get a really similar shade in another brand of lip gloss for less money. If I had some extra cash and wanted to treat myself, I'd get it again though. It looks particularly great over Chanel's lipstick Sexy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Deep berry stain with gold sparkles. Great for evening and in pictures. Makes my teeth look whiter. Glossimers offer the best nonsticky, glossy finish that can last past a drink or two. Pricey, but worth the money in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by iluvMUA

This is a GORGEOUS glossimer. I will absolutely buy this again and again. :)

Ladies, This lipgloss would work with pretty much every skin tone. I'm fair with blonde hair and blue eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by LipstickLil

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish I could get this in the UK - it's a wonderful lipgloss, but I have to get my sister to send it to me from America. It looks reddish with a golden glittery sheen in the tube, but actually goes onto my lips a cool medium berry-pink colour (blonde hair, dark brown eyes, medium skin, fairly pigmented lips.) The golden shimmer is only visible very slightly and even then only in certain lights. This is a beautiful day-time or evening gloss for me and it goes with practically all my clothes. It can be built up to make the colour deeper as required and it's shiny without being too glassy. It has a sticky consistency, but I actually like this as it means that the gloss stays for ages without bleeding over the lipline, and the doe-foot applicator makes it easy to apply. A real HG for me - I love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by ewmcgrath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love this lip gloss. it is the perfect "day" red. nice and sheer but still a nice color pay off. the gloss is not too sticky, but does have good lasting power. love glossimer by chanel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 12:01:00 AM More reviews by singwritenow

What can I say about this color that hasn't already been said? I can't believe I haven't reviewed this gloss. This is a staple in my mu bag that I find myself reaching for automatically, so much so that I have to admit it's one of my favorite glosses! Yes, it's pricey, but the color looks so natural on me and it lasts without feeling sticky. It's one of the only glosses that I have continued to buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by karlayvonne

this is a beautiful color!! love it!! a redish pinish brown with gold flakes.