October 2, 2014 | 970 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Unity Glossimer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2007 11:33:00 PM More reviews by voravons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT: I gave this l/g another try over MAC's Fresh Brew lustre lipstick, which basically looks like I put light-colored concealer on my lips. With the DuWop reverse liner, this gloss now looks AMAZING. See my original review following...
I really, really want to love this. I've tried alone, over nude lipstick, bronzey lipstick, with a lipliner...The color just is not flattering on me. For reference, I'm Asian, light tan (in winter right now) with black hair and dark brown eyes. Shouldn't this be my perfect color??? Texture is amazing, very creamy and non-runny.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2007 5:30:00 PM More reviews by lili1968

I would really LOVE this gloss because it is a really beautiful rose/bronze mixture, but I have to reapply this so often, and this is without having anything to eat or drink. If this had lasting power like MAC lipglass or lustreglass I would probably repurchase, but it doesn't so I wont.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2006 4:33:00 PM More reviews by 3catsncrazypuppy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This color on me is a warm rosy-bronze, and I love it. It is my all time favorite lip-gloss. It has good staying power, feels smooth on my lips, and isnít sticky. It also has a vanilla scent and very mild taste. If you try one lip-gloss from Chanel, try this one. Itís so pretty on.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2006 12:19:00 AM More reviews by DeeSmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Unity for 5 years now, and I absolutely love it! If you're a dark skinned black woman, like I am, you won't find a gloss out there that's more flattering to your skin tone. And it suits other skin tones as well-- my caucasian friend, who's red-haired and has medium-fair skin, borrows mine all the time:-).

Price: It's expensive (at $26 for full-size) esp if you use it all the time, like I do. But I think it's worth it.

Texture: Voluptuous without being too goopy (unlike MAC lipglass, IMO). It forms enough of a barrier between your lips and the elements to protect them, and leave them feeling smooth and soft after you wash it off.

Look: The best part! Natural, only better. It's a rich bronze sheen (sans childish glitter), and when the light hits it, it reflects a soft rosey-plum color that's really warm and sexy as hell.

I will probably use it for the rest of my natural life!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2006 2:25:00 AM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute FAVORITE glossimer. I am now on my second tube of Unity (I lost the first one). I cannot believe I was reluctant on replacing it. It works so wonderfully with my skin tone, and is a great neutral. I could probably use this every day and be happy. It has a nice subtle shimmer and makes my lips look so full. I would recommend it to ALL ggg's . I am an nc42-44, lsf8, chanel rich beige

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2006 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Myrtille

My favorite neutral lipgloss...looks like my lips, only better. Goes well on top of lipstick. Gloss is a little filled up in tube, I always have to clean it. Kinda messy. I will keep buying this one for years. Chanel gloss is my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2006 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Kylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite color, a rosey bronze shimmer. it is gorgeous. i think this would flatter many skintones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2006 10:59:00 AM More reviews by verybridgetjones

I'm in LOVE with this Glossimer. Chanel Glossimers are my HG lipgloss, and Unity is probably my favorite so far. Beautiful Bronze color with rosey undertones. Goes on smooth, long lasting, but not sticky! I swapped for this in "mini" size, but I will definitely run out and purchase a full-size one as soon as I use it up! Huge rave!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2006 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Andreagirl99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very pretty unique shade. It is a bronzey rose that would especially flatter darker skin tones. The texture is perfect, not too thick or runny. There is no odor or grittiness.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2006 9:35:00 PM More reviews by lucky27

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have purchased a couple of these and it's a great color. Very sophisticated, nice gel texture. Nice bronzey rose shade.