Almay Clear Complexion Light & Perfect Pressed Powder

3.3

on 7/23/2010 11:33:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

my HG powder in translucent.... a thing of the past..cant find. of course its been discontinued forever..... (I hated the updated version, also they didnt make translucent in the updated ones)
this is for the old light gray compact...the translucent was the lightest whitest powder I have found to date..that gave me a flawless face without looking ghostly or anything. just set the makeup perfectly...which was another HG amazing lasting in PALE (not tlc which sucks)
I havent had a truly "pale" face again since I cant find this powder and that SUCKS... I always end up with a dark tan face..even with the lightest powders. anything called "ivory" is like tan on me.... or if I buy some goth crap then yeah thats too pale and has too much coverage!
the translucent gives you an innocent pale ethereal angel look which lasted the ENTIRE day..NEVERRRRR turning orange or any other colortruly NEUTRAL, no undertones, wish theyd bring it back! $18 each on ebay is a bit much:(
ONLY translucent was good. for me.any other shades turn darker on me and look bad,even in Almay LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT wish i could buy 100 of them,and wear it for life.

on 4/15/2010 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the second time I have bought this product, I thought I'd give it just one more shot. My skin is very oily, so if I use something that's too thick I usually break it in really bad underground zits, I've been using Avon Mineral Powder and haven't had one of these breakouts in over a year. I ran out recently so I thought I'd try Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Pressed Powder in Light/Medium 200, one more time. Same thing as the last time, overnight I started getting the same huge painful underground zits on my chin area and my forehead. I will never ever use this product again.

on 3/18/2010 6:36:00 PM

This powder is too light and doesn't provide any coverage. The Line Smoothing (light blue) pressed powder by Almay is much better and actually evens out my skin!

on 8/26/2009 6:11:00 PM

I have oily skin so in I would have to powder my face 2-3 times a day so my face doesnt have that shine.

I used to use the mac studio fix but during the day it would slide off my face and rub off very easily.

I put this powder on in the morning and so far I havent had that mid day greasy shine! So this is a keeper!
I changed my make up routine so not sure if it's because I put in over the Revlon colorstay foundation... but anyway this combo seemed to work great for me!!! =)

on 7/27/2009 5:08:00 AM

I purchased this at Walgreen's for $12, in the light 100. The color is almost translucent and matches my skin tone well. I like the light feel of this powder and that it doesn't get "cakey." I like that it has Salicylic Acid to keep skin clear. I do not like the included applicator pad; I use my large powder brush when at home, and keep my mini Kabuki brush with me for powdering during the day.

on 6/16/2009 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this powder, and that's saying a lot, I'm super picky about them, and have tried just about all of them, both drugstore and high end. My fave HE powder is Clinique's Stay Matte, but this one is definately a suitable replacement. Here's the thing, I just want a powder to control oil, without looking like I'm wearing powder. I don't want coverage, I don't want texture (ie. cakiness or the powdery look), I want it to look like skin and stop the shine, and this powder does so beautifully! I use this in Light/Medium and it's a perfect match for my tanned skin. Goes on so sheer and light, while battling shine and looking natural. The only thing is I wish it didn't have salycilic acid in it, S.A. sometimes acutally causes me to breakout, but so far so good! O and the packaging is adorable!!! It's def. one of my new faves!

on 3/5/2009 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like Almay products, but this one did not work for me. I found the colors too dark and orangey. Even the lightest color was too dark for me ( for reference I use Mary Kay Ivory 200 Medium liquid foundation in winter and Beige 300 in summer and Fair 01 Neutrogena powder until high summer when I go to the next darker color - I think it's Light) . I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin and the beginnings of wrinkles ( great combination - not!). This powder did not irritate my skin, but looked so dark and flat that it seemed to settle into and accentuate any furrows, imperfections and hyperpigmentations. It seemed to absorb light instead of reflecting it. Although I have very oily skin ( using the old paper test I can make the paper completely translucent about 3 hours after I wash my face) the medication in it was too drying for someone w/ adult acne. This might work better for A VERY oily, very moist and furrow-free-teenager with darker skin and no hyperpigmentation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this pressed powder. I originally bought it and I figured since there is a light tint to it, I could just use it alone instead of with a foundation. Trying this, I wasn't that turned on by it. So, I hid it away for a while. A few months later, I found this again, and I used it over my Revlon Colorstay Active Wear. I loved it. It makes my skin so smooth and absorbs any extra oil I might have. However, if I do reapply more than twice, it can get kind of dry because of the acne medication. But, for someone with mad oily skin, buy this.

on 1/25/2009 2:08:00 PM

this powder made me break out it also turns orange on my face in the afternoon :(

on 12/24/2008 10:03:00 AM

Well...this product didn't work for me that well (I bought the entire collection). I brought the medium shade and it was too dark for me and I figure that the light shade wouldn't work either (but i suppose that you can mix the colors - a light foundation with a medium powder or something). I also think that this dried my skin (but I'm not sure - since I was switching back and forth between many products). As for the skin clearing part, very few products actually work for me and this doesn't either. I gave it away.