April 19, 2014 | 1797 users online

Pressed Powders - Almay - Clear Complexion Light & Perfect Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by crzi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin so in I would have to powder my face 2-3 times a day so my face doesnt have that shine.

I used to use the mac studio fix but during the day it would slide off my face and rub off very easily.

I put this powder on in the morning and so far I havent had that mid day greasy shine! So this is a keeper!
I changed my make up routine so not sure if it's because I put in over the Revlon colorstay foundation... but anyway this combo seemed to work great for me!!! =)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2009 5:08:00 AM More reviews by VNicola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this at Walgreen's for $12, in the light 100. The color is almost translucent and matches my skin tone well. I like the light feel of this powder and that it doesn't get "cakey." I like that it has Salicylic Acid to keep skin clear. I do not like the included applicator pad; I use my large powder brush when at home, and keep my mini Kabuki brush with me for powdering during the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this powder, and that's saying a lot, I'm super picky about them, and have tried just about all of them, both drugstore and high end. My fave HE powder is Clinique's Stay Matte, but this one is definately a suitable replacement. Here's the thing, I just want a powder to control oil, without looking like I'm wearing powder. I don't want coverage, I don't want texture (ie. cakiness or the powdery look), I want it to look like skin and stop the shine, and this powder does so beautifully! I use this in Light/Medium and it's a perfect match for my tanned skin. Goes on so sheer and light, while battling shine and looking natural. The only thing is I wish it didn't have salycilic acid in it, S.A. sometimes acutally causes me to breakout, but so far so good! O and the packaging is adorable!!! It's def. one of my new faves!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 10:01:00 AM More reviews by 4eyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like Almay products, but this one did not work for me. I found the colors too dark and orangey. Even the lightest color was too dark for me ( for reference I use Mary Kay Ivory 200 Medium liquid foundation in winter and Beige 300 in summer and Fair 01 Neutrogena powder until high summer when I go to the next darker color - I think it's Light) . I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin and the beginnings of wrinkles ( great combination - not!). This powder did not irritate my skin, but looked so dark and flat that it seemed to settle into and accentuate any furrows, imperfections and hyperpigmentations. It seemed to absorb light instead of reflecting it. Although I have very oily skin ( using the old paper test I can make the paper completely translucent about 3 hours after I wash my face) the medication in it was too drying for someone w/ adult acne. This might work better for A VERY oily, very moist and furrow-free-teenager with darker skin and no hyperpigmentation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

I really like this pressed powder. I originally bought it and I figured since there is a light tint to it, I could just use it alone instead of with a foundation. Trying this, I wasn't that turned on by it. So, I hid it away for a while. A few months later, I found this again, and I used it over my Revlon Colorstay Active Wear. I loved it. It makes my skin so smooth and absorbs any extra oil I might have. However, if I do reapply more than twice, it can get kind of dry because of the acne medication. But, for someone with mad oily skin, buy this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by r4k

this powder made me break out it also turns orange on my face in the afternoon :(

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2008 10:03:00 AM More reviews by novmonkey6

Well...this product didn't work for me that well (I bought the entire collection). I brought the medium shade and it was too dark for me and I figure that the light shade wouldn't work either (but i suppose that you can mix the colors - a light foundation with a medium powder or something). I also think that this dried my skin (but I'm not sure - since I was switching back and forth between many products). As for the skin clearing part, very few products actually work for me and this doesn't either. I gave it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2008 6:49:00 PM More reviews by jedi_girl251

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:

-Love the cute yellow and clear case it comes in!
-No Scent
-Doesn't feel thick and cakey
-Doesn't cause me to break out more

Cons:

-Could be a little cheaper like the covergirl ones (although i hate those!)
-I should have chosen a shade lighter but will do so next time

So I will definitely buy this powder from now on :)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2008 7:41:00 PM More reviews by batyah

This powder failed to work at all. Instead of giving a soft finish, I had little pieces of powder stuck all over my face. It was too expensive to suck so much.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by fancyxamy

i have a few problems with this powder.

1. as others have mentioned, the lightest color is awful. too dark and orange-y.

2. the actual texture of the powder feels slightly gritty and cheap. it doesnt seem to be as finely milled as other pressed powders. it also looks very cakey, while still allowing pores to show through. yuck.

3. it failed to mattify. this realization is what ultimately caused me to trash it. it a powder cant successfully kill shine, it is utterly worthless.

almay really dropped the ball here. the one good thing about this product is that the compact is awfully cute. so cute, in fact, that it enticed me to buy this 2 separate times, and both times it went in the trash after less than a week. gahhh!