October 25, 2014 | 1690 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - WetSlicks Lip Gloss - Wine Shine

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2005 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Aurifera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Originally I bought wetslicks in Patently Pink because I assumed that the color in the tube would be the color on my lips. I found out that it was too transparent and too frosty for my cool-toned nearly-PPP complexion. So, I got a much darker looking color: Wine Shine. I love it! It looks very dark in the tube but it glides on rather sheerly, adding just enough pigment to darken my lips to just the right shade. I think that it's a color that would work on just about anyone! It adds a pinkish-brownish-plummy color that will vary based on the base color of your own lips, letting some of the natural tone shine through. It's a great shade for Fall and Winter. Very wearable. The wine shine shade actually left some darker brownish blotches until I smoothed it out, so it's best applied with a quick glance at the mirror. The texture is generally great: it's wet and oily, but that beats dry stickyness any day! Even if you don't like vanilla, the scent won't overpower you.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2005 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Karena73

This is a pretty color, but the texture made it so unpleasant to wear that I threw it away, after keeping it for months and never using it again. The doe foot applicator is a plus, however, this lipgloss feels like a heavy layer of oil or vaseline on your lips. It's very heavy and impossible to ignore. I found myself just wiping it off because it was so heavy and greasy. I will not re-purchase. I hope CoverGirl improves the formula significantly, because there are some pretty colors in this collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2005 9:50:00 AM More reviews by sarahbella1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this lip gloss when it first hit the shelves and loved the color but disliked the lack of staying power. Well, I recently repurchased and it seems to stay put better than I remembered so I am giving it 4 out of 5 lippies. Reasons to like: no taste, no stickiness, lots of shine, pretty plummy color that applies lighter and sheerer than it appears in the tube. For $5, no complaints. This one is easy to swipe on in a hurry. UPDATE: This DOES smell like vanilla (a minus for me) and it's a bit oily, but for me, that beats sticky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2005 3:08:00 PM More reviews by QueenB2784

This is the best color! I wear it with cream eyeshadow, brown liner, and this lipgloss and it looks very pulled together! I love the shade and was a little scared because it looked so dark, BUT it doesn't appear that way on the lips! It is a very wearable shade and I highly recommend it, would definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2005 6:45:00 PM More reviews by junglequeenjen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shade looks much darker in the tube than on your lips. It goes on a very pretty & shiny, feels smooth (not gritty at all!), and I adore the vanilla scent. Be sure to apply only a thin layer, or it goops up on your lips faily easily. Overall, a great product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2005 12:13:00 AM More reviews by chedoux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading so much about these on the boards I finally gave in and bought one. This gloss gives my lips a nice shimmery shine, without any stickiness-- hair doesn't even seem remotely attracted in the wind. The texture is unique because it's slippery, yet there's no goopiness to it. On my HHH (MAC C4) skin and pink-pigmented lips, this is a mauve tone with bronze shimmer. It's not as pigmented as it looks in the tube. I will purchase other shades when they release colors more suitable for me (many look like they'd be a frosty mess on my skin).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2005 4:06:00 PM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This particular color looks like a mixture of purple and brown on me (MMM Asian). B/c of my skintone, this is not the most flattering color for me--I need something w/ more red or pink to brighten my sallow skintone. However, I can see it looking very pretty and natural on darker skintones. I do love the formula, however. Light, non-sticky, doesn't dry out my lips, shimmery and glossy but not overly so as to make my full lips look ridiculous, cheap...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2004 8:09:00 PM More reviews by Kandake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this gloss. I bought it in Wine Shine, and I really feared it would be too burgundy/purple cool. I have very pale, yet warm yellow/peach undertoned skin, and many warms seem too golden, while most cools seem too pink on me. This is great! It turned out to be a warm, chocolatey-brown burgundy - perfect blend of warm and cool for me!

I like the faint cocoa-vanilla smell, and it doesn't taste icky like many glosses and lipsticks. I also enjoy the silky-smooth feel - not sticky, gunky or gooey. I have had average results with staying power; most glosses wear off fast on me, and this stayed on as long as most others I've tried and longer than some.

I also appreciated the very light shimmer - not a garish sparkle like so many glosses out right now. I must say I hate the packaging! I like the container, but the wrapping was a major pain to get off. Once the wrapping is off, though, it's nice - the cap stays tight, the wand is a good shape and size, and the oblong shape makes it easier to get to, unlike round gloss tubes that can make it nearly impossible to reach gloss when the tube starts getting 2/3 empty of so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2004 2:04:00 AM More reviews by melzie_fire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a rosy/wine/plummy shade that goes on a bit sheerer than the color in the tube. It, like the other WetSlicks, smells divine and isn't sticky. These glosses are great and are cheap to boot. I'll buy this and others again and would recommend you do, too! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2004 8:22:00 PM More reviews by ErCar

Yesyesyes! This is my HG of l/g's. I reach for it more than any other one I have (and I have manymanymany). It smells delicious, but more than that it is just the prettiest color. (I am light/medium with olives undertones). It fades beautifully and just plain makes you look pretty-it goes with everything too. Not too dark, not too light. Its name describes the color-a brownish/purple (with maybe a tad of red) shine. If they ever plan to discontinue these glosses, I'm going to go out and buy lots of these. Weirdly enough, I don't love any of the other colors. Just this one! :)