MAC Matte Bronze

4.2

Zinc Stearate, Isostearyl Palmitate, Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Magnesium Myristate, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

on 12/24/2013 5:06:00 PM

nice product, on me it looks natural, i have Hoola bronzer and some times i find it a bit yellow but the Matte bronze does not do that, even my daugther told me my cheeks looked much more natural with it, to give you an idea, i have the Machmaster in 1.5 and its perfict on me and i am NC 15 in fluid fix and it washes me out.

on 11/18/2013 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Good basic bronzer. Not the best, but a good one. Little orangey sometimes depending on skin type. But no dreaded grey tones either.

good price for amount of product.

use all year round..I sometimes use this as a contour shade -- it's very soft and natural looking around the eyes but it's a definite warm shade.

on 11/18/2013 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is the perfect neutral-brown matte shade to use for contouring. What I love about it is that it's not extremely pigmented so its easily built up but not so sheer that it is time consuming. My skin tone can range from NC30-40 depending on the season, and I find this shade isn't too dark for me at any time. It creates almost a 'shadow' effect as it is very neutral-cool toned which is perfect.

It lasts about 8 hours on the skin I find which is standard for me with bronzers. The packaging as always with MAC is sleek and compact, with a mirror included. I am really impressed with this bronzing powder and I would recommend it for contouring on light-medium to tan skin tones.

on 10/24/2013 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a great matte bronzer. It deposits the colour slower than drugstore brands so that you are not all of a sudden a different shade. It is very buildable. Great for fall and for using shimmery highlighters and blushers on top of. Also great for contouring.

on 9/12/2013 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I didn't even think I needed a bronzer or see what it could do for me until I found the right one and this was not it. I used to think this was the best bronzer available (compared to DS brands anyway) due to its matte payoff and natural color, until I tried something better and realized what this product was lacking.

The powder is dense and hard to blend. It stuck to my pores and looked obvious. The color, on my NC35-40 skin tone looked too warm and unnatural. It's too dark and unnatural looking unless I use a realllly light hand, blend well with the right brush and follow with a cheek color that wakes up my skin as well as a highlighter. Otherwise it looks a bit too sculptural and not natural. I guess that makes it great for nighttime looks and in photos, instead of a casual day look. I held off on swapping it away until I found something better and even used up half the pan. The product got harder as time went on (probably due to oils from my brushes).

Each time I used it though, I noticed I'd get blackheads and clogged pores on my cheeks immediately after no matter how thoroughly I'd cleansed. This is true for me with all MAC face products.

I don't recommend it unless you have the patience, the formula doesn't bother you and the color works for you. Also, there are so many DS brands now that do a matte bronzer that this is just a waste of money to me.

on 9/12/2013 12:34:00 PM

I don't know why I ever tried another bronzer. I'm back to matte bronze and it's the perfect color for my beige medium skin. I mostly use it to contour and it's so natural compared to some of the other bronzers I've tried. I wear this to work during the week and I can't have sparkles on my cheeks, so this is perfect. Love it.

on 8/6/2013 7:17:00 AM

This is not pigmented was quite disappointed about that. I find most matte shades don't be pigmented. I wanted to use this for contouring but it will not contour well, as it is so light. So I will use this to warm up my face after foundation and powder. This would be great to warm up the sides of your face. Not a great matte bronzer but 4/10. I have never owned a light natural bronzer before I usually go for pigmented ones as im a woman of colour. I guess il be using this with my natural eye make up and this matte bronzer with pale pink blush. So overall I guess you have to know how to work with this matte bronzer.

on 7/21/2013 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

No no nooooo! But seriously. Total MAC snob over here (and I'm not ashamed) but was really not impressed with this bronzer. I've tried several of MAC's other bronzers (golden, refined golden and some of the MSFs) which were decent but nothing special. I bought Matte Bronze because I was searching for a matte bronzer to double as a contour. I had high hopes for this bronzer, unfortunately it just didn't deliver. First off, it was not pigmented at all, it takes tons of product on a very stiff, dense brush to even get any on my face, and even when I did, it barely showed up on my NC35 skin. It also had a very chalky, dry texture, (I tried several different brushes with this, including the MAC 187 and none of them helped) and to top it all off, it broke me out! (and I'm not an acne prone person, very few products break me out) I found this product seemed extremely dry, and seemed very cheap, hard and chalky, it reminded me of a very cheap, dollar store product. The only reason I give this 2 lippies instead of 1 is because the colour itself was decent (when it actually did show up) but just not worth it. Sorry MAC, I really do love you, but this is going back to the store, I'm going to try out some different brands for my bronzer. This was a total dud, what were they thinking??

on 7/17/2013 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

I have only been using this product for about a month so far, but I think I've used it enough to say that I really like this bronzer. My skin is tanned with neutral/olive undertones and I love that it's not orange or redish tinged, it's a legitamite matte bronze-brown which is what I was looking for. I do love that it does not apply with heavy pigment at first so you really have a lot of control when building it up to use as a contour. Very natural looking, and I can use it for a light healthy glow on my cheeks during the day when I don't contour. The packaging seems sturdy and it's not too bulky.
Overall I would definitely recommend this product.

on 7/14/2013 6:29:00 PM

I found it dry & chalky. It gave me a streaked look. The sales girl said it was perfect for light skin. She was wrong.

Popular Bronzers