August 22, 2014 | 1041 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Matte Bronze

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Carley210

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found it dry & chalky. It gave me a streaked look. The sales girl said it was perfect for light skin. She was wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 5:20:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeofmylife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS A MUST HAVE BRONZER!!!! I've been looking everywhere for a bronzer that will suit my asian skin NC20-30. I wanted a good bronzer that will not make me look orange (i've tried sephora, elf, nars, etc) but it doesn't work for me. And I bought this and I swear it is PERFECT for contouring. It doesn't bronze you up so much (which I like) but it's just the perfect shade to contour with. I love it to death.
I got them from Myers for $39. It's worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Beccalovesbacon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

seriously, I love this bronzer! Wouldn't recommend this if you are looking for a "tan-bronzy" look all over your face, BUT it is soooo amazing for cheekbones! I can't even explain it! it's not orange og powdery, so it goes on so natural and creates an amazing bonestructure on my cheekbones! Hoola by Benefit does a pretty good job at contouring cheekbones but this is more natural-looking. but I would probably recommend Hoola for darker skintones, since it is not a super pigmented dark bronzer like Hhoola is.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by JinaKimchi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've heard some people say that this bronzer lacks pigmentation but I think it just requires the right kind of brush. As long as you use a dense brush it picks up a good amount of product and I don't have to dig to get color. The color is a medium brown with a bit of warmth but not too much. While its not the smoothest bronzer out there, I still like it because it looks natural and I like to use it to contour. One funny thing though is that after i used the bronzer the top layer hardened in the spot where I used it, something that happens with some powder products. Its still usable but a bit annoying. The packaging is nice, it comes with a mirror and the compact feels sturdy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by flexychesca

Abolutely LOVE this bronzer! It's a bit on the pricey side but so worth it!! It looks so nice on my skin and natural rather than the cheaper brands which tend to be quite flakey, orangey and tacky! Definitely need to stock up on this product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by maddie1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Great product! It doesnt look orange or muddy either! It stays on all day and is pigmented. I love the versitility of this product too. I can use it all over for a bronzed effect- or contour! Great product, will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by bert6889

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I like this product; I use it in most everyday makeup looks; probably because it fulfills my one and only bronzer requirement. I will not wear a bronzer with shimmer or sparkle. I have a strong aversion to it, mostly because I think it looks odd when only youíre face not the rest of your exposed body is glittering in the sunlight. Or on the other hand glitter just gets everywhere including in your clothing. Finally, I use my bronzer to contour; sparkles/shimmer attracts light which is the exact opposite of what you want when you are trying to contour. MAC bronzer is not drug store cheap, however, MAC powders (generally) are more known for their colour payoff so a little goes a long way (and a little more makes you look muddy). I have been buying this product for about 5 or 6 years and I am only on my second compact, you can do the math, the cost isnít too much over that period of time. Over these 5-6 years both my powders have stayed in great condition, they havenít noticeably changed colour or consistency. The only thing is I wish the colour was a little more taupe; which would be better for contouring, but maybe I am asking too much from one product. This is a very nice product though I canít for sure say that the next time I buy a bronzer it will be from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Hayliezzz

I love using this bronzer to contour my cheekbones. I think they may have reformulated this, because mine is pretty old and I find it to be really dark if I go too strong, but all the reviewers here say it has no pigmentation! I happen to be pretty fair-skinned, but even my dark-skinned friends thought this was dark! I don't know, for me it works fine if you use it with a light hand, and it last forever- I just hit pan recently and it's probably been about two years!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by kristina93

I have been using this for 3 years now and I will continue to. It goes really well with my NW20 skin tone and works as a great contour. It's really creamy and soft and stays on the skin all day, it doesn't fade! Really easy to blend and I feel like it would suit a lot of skin tones! It lasts me ages, like a year long even with me using it every day!! The price is definitely worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by psily24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using the MAC Iridescent Loose Powder in Golden Bronze as a bronzer for years and absolutely love it. However, I wanted something different for this winter because sometimes there are days where I don't want shimmer, but still want a bronzed look so I decided to give this Matte Bronze compact a try. Plus it's in a compact, loose powder can get messy. This did absolutely nothing for my complexion. I'm a NC42 with yellow/gold undertones. No pigmentation whatsoever, had to do a lot of brush strokes to get some sort of color on my face. I will definitely be returning this and just stick with my golden bronzer for now.