MAC Beet Lip Pencil

4.5

on 7/28/2009 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Beet is a deep very cool (think rasberry pink) red that works beautifully with all bluish pinkish purplish colors. As with all MAC lipliners, the consistency is waxy creamy. Waxy enough to stick and keep you lip color inside the lines, and creamy enough to glide on smoothly. These last forever too, I have a few that I have had since 2001 and today, in 2009 they still work beautifully. MACs lipliners are one of the true winners in the line.

on 4/23/2009 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Beet is definitely for my MMM skintone, the *perfect* red/berry lipliner! It's not too bright, not too dark and doesn't have any pink tones .. it falls just short of being a "garnet" red. Perfect to pair with lipsticks lighter pinky/red lipsticks or darker corals to add some depth. Glides on beautfilly with great pigmentation and doesn't smudge or fade at all. One of my favorites!!

on 4/5/2007 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This is one of those wonderful products that immediately makes me think, "Yes, this is it. This is exactly what I wanted!"

To be specific, I wanted a good liner to wear with some of my favorite MAC lipsticks, such as "Girl About Town," "Rocking Chick," and "Glam."

"Beet," a vivid pinky-red, works perfectly. Like the other MAC lip pencils that I've tried, "Beet" goes on smoothly and is well-pigmented and easy to control.

I expect this to be a staple item for me. As with all MAC lip pencils, it's nice and long. I expect it to be a while before I run out. When I do, I fully expect to repurchase.
UPDATE; SIX MONTHS LATER: While I don't find myself reaching for "Beet" all *that* much, I don't think I could do without it. I love it for bringing out the red tones in some of my many berry lipsticks. For example, Mattene "Rapturous" + "Beet" liner = perfect cranberry lips. I've found, though, that I generally prefer "Magenta" with fuchsias/bright pinks. All things considered, "Beet" is a staple, and a definite re-purchase. continued >>

on 11/16/2006 5:24:00 PM

MAC Beet is a great color for cool toned gals. This color works well with cool toned glosses & lipsticks.

on 2/20/2005 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Beet is awesome beauty! Just heavenly in my opinion. Beet is my favorite MAC lipliner. It is a vivid pink/red/maroon. Simply a gorgeous Cabernet wine color. Thanks MAC!

on 1/24/2005 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this lipliner...it does indeed look like a beet red..vibrant pinky/purple..such a beautiful shade. I like to use it to line and fill my mouth and then either use Miss Dish, Glam, or even Lifesaver on top. Or...with my NARS lip laquer Hot Wired...fabulous!!!

Two Thumbs up...a KEEPER.

on 1/23/2005 5:47:00 PM

This colour reminds me exactly of the Ukrainian Borscht my grandmother makes. I pair this lipliner with MAC's 'Girl About Town' lipstick - it's a deep yet bright fuschia type of colour - TOTAL GLAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this liner. I needed something to match my Urban Decay Gash lipstick and this works perfectly.

on 10/20/2003 9:25:00 AM

I purchased this to create a red lip look, but this one turned fuchsia on me. It took many other glosses and lip colors mixed in to make this one the red I wanted. But perhaps that's just me and my picky nature.

on 7/2/2003 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Beet is similar to Garnet but it's a bit more berry toned and doesn't have as much of the muted quality that I see in Garnet. Still not very dark, this is a nice berry color.

Popular Lip Liners