October 21, 2014 | 1131 users online

Styling Products - Ouidad - Climate Control Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by hoverfly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This gel is wonderful for getting a natural curly look out of your already naturally curly hair. I'm very curly and wear my hair in medium to long lengths/layers. My hair is also color treated and somewhat lightweight, but I have a lot of it. A friend of mine with hair much more course than mine gave me this product because it did not work for her at all. Her hair is also not as curly as mine.

My hair looks great all day long, no frizz. However, I'm only giving it 4 stars because I can get the same results from a Garnier product for a fraction of the price. Between the two, other than price, I think the Ouidad curls are slightly nicer, but the Garnier static control is better.

I tend to use a lot of product (I have a lot of hair and it's long so maybe this is normal?) And, I always apply wet, right out of the shower. Often I blow dry until almost dry--never blowing fully dry. Rarely (mostly on weekends) I air dry. I get similar results either way.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2011 6:14:00 AM More reviews by LTcurlygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Not a fan. Made my 2b curly hair TOO curly and crunchy looking. I've tried mixing it with leave in conditioner and Curl Keeper, and I just don't like the way my hair turns out using this gel. On the up side it doesn't flake, and it does do a decent job a keeping the frizzies at bay. Will not repurchase though.
Edit: I'm changing my review. I'm actually liking this gel now because I'm using it differently. I only use this on DRY, second day hair...just to tame the frizzies and fly aways. It works great!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this product for about two weeks before I had to stop. This gel contains cones and it significantly dried out my hair. I do not recommend this gel at all. Even though it was decent at helping me to keep curl definition in humidity, the curly girl method and healthy hair is a much better way of keeping curls defined and lasting all day. Also, this product made my hair greasy and stringy.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Emmyoscar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i really wanted to love this set, ive seen all the infomercials (i got the 4 piece mini set from sephora that contained this the botanical boost and a shampoo and conditioner) and im reviewing this once because i feel like this is the product most people would be enticed to buy. However the set did make my curls better than they looked without fancy hair products however, not good enough for me to keep the product. But the ONLY thing i wished this product would do was make my hair unfrizzy BUT THIS PRODUCT DID NOT HELP WITH FRIZZ. im saying this because this was marketed to help with frizz outside in hot climate. unfortunatly if this couldnt help my frizz in an air-conditioned home then it would do nothing for me outside.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by natucha21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Update: I take back my negative review.I now love this product and am able to live with my curls.with the hair god gave me.I think what was wrong was the way I was applying it.now I shower and add it to my Wet hair.then I head bang my hair up and down as if I were in a rock concert so I do the "shake and rake" method all over at one time.but I also added jojoba oil to it and it doesn't leave my hair dry anymOre.so once it's dry the curls turn out nice and not stiff and crunchy.my hair is not frizzy and sometimes I'll just add garnier spray and it's good to go for the entire day.there's a sample size so why not try it out.

unfortunately i didnt have the greatest results.after reading all the hype about ouidad i went to sephora to buy a sample size.I did the whole rake and shake technique and my hair did have a nice curl to it.It did enhance it BUT my hair was not completely frizzy it still had frizz and the deal breaker for me was that it didnt give a nice natural touch to it.My hair was crispy and it dried the hell out of my hair after every use.So i condition it after every use but i dont want to be using a hair product that damages my hair.sorry ouidad! my quest continues

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by mesloan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Typical curly crunch product. I want soft curls not ones that are crunchy & sticky.

Ouidad products are a waste of money (although the leave-in botanical smells great but is sticky).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by mrsjoannh13

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my holy grail hair products. I live in the New Orleans area and we have our share of humid days. This gel definitely does what you need it to do. It keeps hair from getting frizzy when humidity is rampant. Great for defining curls and making them nice and bouncy without weighing hair down. Has a nice, light scent, too. One of the gels I always have in my stash at all times.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by ivy68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This stuff changed my life, along with visiting the Ouidad salon and discovering the world of stylists and products who specialize in curly hair. The texture of this gel is just perfect for my thick, coarse curls, and keeps them bouncy but tame. Great smell, too.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2011 11:59:00 AM More reviews by GinaMae

This product actually MAKES my hair frizzy/fuzzy.
I have wanted to try Ouidad for years and finally did. I wish I knew how other people are getting good results. I know how to do hair, especially my own hair, but I can't figure out the draw with this stuff. I WANTED so badly for this stuff to be a miracle product (and this really goes for all of Ouidad's products).
I tried all of their suggested techniques, I have the shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in. All of it together amounts to more frizz than I've had with any other curly hair product.
I recently left my products at home when I went to the gym and borrowed someone's cheap Suave mousse. The results looked pretty much the same.
I have a lot of hair, but the strands are fine. The kind of curls that straighten very easily, but are incredibly curly when left to their own devices.

I hope this helps someone else out there who has hair like mine to avoid disappointment. Back to Curls Rock Amplifier for me, for now!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT: I'm still using this on occasion. It's still keeping my bob from looking like a helmet. However, I've found a Pantene mousse I like just as well that performs as well -- Pantene Flowing Body Mousse. I can't speak for how well it performs in humidity, since humidity has never been a big issue for me. So, as long as I like the mousse, I won't repurchase Ouidad.

I'm rating a sample size of this. I gave it 5 lippies for packaging because I wasn't going to bash packaging I hadn't used. Anyway, I got a decent-sized sample of this from Sephora and didn't know it was for curly hair at first. I have thick, coarse, straight hair that tends to be a helmet if I don't use a styling product to "break it up" and give it definition. Usually that means settling for either dull, crispy hair or greasy, too-shiny hair. I will buy a full-size bottle of this product because it gives my hair definition without making it greasy, sticky or brittle. It gives my layers more definition and allows my hair to move while holding its style. And there's no overpowering lingering frangrance. I wish I had discovered this product sooner!