September 30, 2014 | 1808 users online

Treatments (Face) - Palmer's - Skin Success Eventone Fade Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by MONTERROSO35

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So i saw this and i had used another skin lightening treatment from like nadiola or something like that and what caught my attention was that it came with the complexion soap and the cream and i just bought it without reading the box. So when i got home i was reading the little paper that was inide and it tells you the other products they have and i guess they have one for dry skin and regular and oily. i didnt see the box i bought said regular, i have oily skin. i thought it would be fine and went ahead and used it. well i knw the soap has made me break out, i have acne-prone skin. i went back to wal-mart but the only one they carry is the regular. Maybe if i had the one for oily skin it would of worked better, The cream itself hadnt worked so great either. I had bought it to fade my acne scars and havent really seen any improvement.. bummer :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Strawberryblonde3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this because it said "moisturizing" somewhere on it, since I was currently out of moisturizer and it was the only thing i could buy with my pocket money. When I got home, since I was shopping with my father I had no time to read, I noticed it was more for dark spots and uneven tone. I used it anyways and I saw some flaky patches disappear, maybe from the AHA or the moisturizers, I don't know. It was kind of hard and thick to smear on but seemed to absorb pretty well. I can still feel some film on my face but it's tolerable no worse than makeup and you can't see it, makes my face matte. It's my 3rd time using it and my skin tone has improved and is much more even, it's not a miracle but it's certainly a great buy. As for breakouts, I haven't noticed anything but I had an unusual breakout prior to this purchase due to some bad makeup, I'll report if it does. My mother used it once and acted like she saw a big difference and she normally isn't impressed by much.

Update-I've been using this for about a month now, I wouldn't recommended it under makeup it makes the finish kind of weird and can make me oily. As for breakouts my skin reacts to just about everything, but I haven't noticed anything unusually bad, made one or two out of the ordinary zits but nothing intolerable. My mom hasn't had any problem, due to the others reviews though it still sounds like a gamble buy. Especially if you're skin is breakout prone or sensitive. However it's really helped my skin tone and I think marks fade a bit quicker, to me it's five dollars well spent.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by nkar23

I HATE THIS. I WILL SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS HOW MUCH I HATE THIS PRODUCT!!!!! IT BROKE ME OUT AFTER ONLY THE 2ND USE....seriously. I was hoping to gradually lighten my tone but after only the 2nd application i began getting these little white bumps on my face, particularly my forehead. it was so embarrassing and it made me feel like crap. I never break out...so I knew it was from this. Please do not try it. i dont recommend. i would rather have darker skin than have breakouts.....stay far away. PS i have noticed other reviewers saying it broke them out - perhaps this product isn't "non comedogenic"? I'm betting that it does clog your pores. Just look at how thick and unspreadable it is. Sick. whenever I used it (all two times) i had to mix it in with my nighttime moisturizer just to get it to spread. Also, dont even think of using it at daytime because there is no way in hell you could put your makeup over it. this product is a piece of shit and not even worth $5 i spent on it. Ugh.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by zoohousekey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Used for a couple of weeks and didn't notice any fading. This product clogged my pores and made me break out.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by carebear886

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Discontinued use after about a month as my eyes were becoming very red after use, to the point work colleagues were asking whats wrong with me! Didnt do much in the month in terms of my acne scars. Left my face very oily, thus i cant comment on how effective it is in the long run, and it smells bad. Only positive is the price

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulHatred

A friend of mine told me about Skin Success Fade Cream. She said the fade cream combined with the eventone complexion soap cleared up her acne scars. I decided to give it a try, but I wasn't expecting it to work very well. However, I was pleasantly surprised because after a few weeks my acne scars faded.

I have eczema so my skin is pretty dry and sensitive, but I also have an oily t-zone. The cream and the soap were not drying at all. In fact, they were moisturizing. I've recommended the cream to some of my friends but they didn't see any results. I stopped using it for a while and started using it again, but it wasn't as effective. I don't know if it was less effective because I didn't pair it with the eventone complexion soap the second time. But I suggest using it with the soap. Also, I wish it came in a pump instead of a jar. And, be sure to wash your hands after use because I've ruined the color of towels and shirts.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It has a very weird smell that some people may find it unbearable . I originally bought this to help lighten up my dark underarms, but will it take about a few months for you to see full results. I use this for post acne marks and other dark spots for the sun. Within a couple of weeks they were completely gone. Use this in conjunction with exfoliation to get rid of the dead skin cells, but don't use it on broken or irritated skin. I originally bought the product hoping that it will help lighten up my dark underarms. However the my underarm turned brown and dark. So I don't think its useful for dark pits but for well dark spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by theysayshesamakeupaddict

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this (and Ambi). They both did what they said they would do. Even out my skin tone. I use this because you get more for your money. I realize it has hydroquinone which is dangerous i also realize that if I quit using it my dark spots will return BUT with all being said, I love that i got quick results, it made me have lighter even skin tone. I like that my pores are smaller and don't stand out anymore. It's worth it for the sake of beauty to me. I keep finding other wonderful things it helps my skin with including riding me of stretch marks on my belly but more than that I LOVE THAT I CAN AFFORD IT. It contains sunscreen, I am now able to go out without full on makeup i.e. foundation, concealer, and can just put on my moisturizer and some blush, a tad of bronzer and lipstick and I look great and get lots of compiments. Beauty doesn't have to be expensive. Use a small amount and you are good to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 8:58:00 AM More reviews by ashes1534

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

this suff is amazinnnnnng!!! **** i am a person who has medical issues with my stomach and autoimmune issues it sucks! but! i always had pretty and clear skin and im super girly took care of it and wore makeup... i had severe internal bleeding in my intestines about 3 years ago and i was put on very very heavy doses of steroids so this was not good for any part of my body. very very bad skin issues progressed from the steroids and got worse and worse i ended up with huge pit marks on the sides of my face from cistic acne it was horrible! i tried everything to get rid of the ***pitting, the purple marks, the discoloration, oh yeah and tons of dark dark freckles from living in fl!****** all of it! i tried masks and scar treatments from high and low. and the only thing that helped was abh and alpha beta hydroxy i know there is a mask at sallys called abh and it works great its called abh pore minimizing mask and that put a dint in my scars slept in it a lot after school when i was a senoir before going out to get that perfect smooth skin. but i still was so upset about this. didnt leave without tons of makeup on me. then i read this review on here

* AND OMG !!!

i put a *************whole crap load of this stuff which was 3 bucks at walgreens!!!!*** on my skin before bed like as if it were a mask! woke up the next day and washed it off to be soo happy and see holy crap *****my scars were faded about 4 times in tone. amazing! AMAZING******that was just one nite. im talking scarring that stayed really bad for three years gone over using this product plus the abh mask from sallys plus witch hazel made by dickinsons also available at walgreens for about a month or less and wow!! new skin! like a fresh start its amazing! i love it!! so many compliments. i get told i have glowing beautiful skin without makeup on, and i love to tell them u can too go get this!

****** i used it about every few days a bunch of layers at once at nite only and my freckles were gone i had tons of them.. im a fl baby and man the pits filled in and i just could not be happier. im on my third bottle and ive spent a total of 10 bucks. i have spent so much money on crap for so long. i have told everyone about this. the lady at estee lauder. friends. my mom. everyone. and they all come back to me saying how amazing it is and how much they cant believe it works and its soo cheap! I LOVE THIS STUFF! btw keep it off ur eyebrows! and dont go in the sun after using u will burn! use at nite will make u oily and scrub it off with a washcloth or exfoliate wash it off very good and use some oil eliminating wash and tone ur skin. i recomend witch hazel which i use with this and that has also transformed my skin. dickinsons witch hazel there is a review on here for that as well. its about 3 bucks. i put it on b4 makeup and im oily free. im learning after spending big bucks to do my homework on reveiews before buying stuff thats crap ever again! love u makeupalley!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2011 6:50:00 AM More reviews by alexis913

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Been using this for about a week. I apply this twice a day, every morning and night along with my Neutrogena hydro boost serum plus clindamycin. My skin is a bit freckly with uneven skin tone with some pimple marks less than a month old. I usually have clear skin but the weird weather here is making me break out. I use this to face the pimple marks as well ask even out my blotchy skin.

PROS: I am noticing some improvements. It is not that big but still it works.

CONS: It is very drying though. I was a bit oily when I started using this. Now my skin feels very dry and I am getting small pimples in my chin. If it gets worse I will stop using this. Also, I don't like the tub packaging. I use q-tips to scoop out the cream as I only use a very small amount every time.