April 16, 2014 | 1616 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Soft Brown

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Lhegge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Waited so long to buy this. Glad to see I wasn't the only one who couldn't wear it. It was wayyyy too orange.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

It is a nicely created colour - light warm brown with orange (not peach) undertones which in theory should have done wonders for my medium blue eyes. No good. Instead I looked drawn like I was recovering from the flu. I truly never had a shadow that looked this bad. I am fair/neutral so that might be an indicator if it would work for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by anabanj

There are so many reviews explaining how amazing this eyeshadow is so I'm not going to make this long...
I was never able to use any orange eyeshadow. Even an eyeshadow that contains the slightest hint of orange. It would look horrible on my skin, like I got punched in the eye or something (I'm NW20, blonde hair, blue eyes). Soft brown is a brownish-orangey colour, so I was very hesitant to buy it, even though I've seen so many raving about it. I'm SOO happy I did! It looks amazing on me, the perfect crease and blending shade :) I seriously think this colour would look good on anyone soo GO TRY IT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by chococat05

This is a great crease and transition shade.
It's very warm almost orrangey brown. It adds great depth to the crease because it's color and it's matte finish. This is a keeper in my transition shade family: Mac wedge, texture, saffron // UD naked, buck, and Tease.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by sarahmarie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been putting off buying this shadow for soooo long. I have every other transition shade that MAC has in the permanent line, and thought this one was just too orange -- boy was I wrong! I love it! Not only is it a great color that goes with just about ANY look, it has the best texture and blends soooo easily! If you are looking for a transition color, feel free to check out my "Guide to MAC Transition Colors" on my blog:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

Such a gorgeous shade, I love using this to blend out harsh lines- and best of all, it has worked with every single colour :) Just yesterday, I blended out a Purple Smoky eye, and it did a wonderful job. I simply take my MAC 224 brush, and lightly blend this all over the crease and everything looks so much more blended and polished- This product is a must have! Soft Brown is also a very pretty transition colour- Its universal, and looks beautiful with almost any eyeshadow combination.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the best transition colors I've ever found! I recently purchased this shadow and wonder what took me so long. Guess I thought I already had too many that looked similar and figured it's easily duped. It's not. Ive been reaching for this everyday and find it provides a beautiful warmth to almost every look I try. Doesn't matter if Im wearing warm or cool tones...it works! For reference, I'm NW30. I like to wear this in the crease with a light wash of color on the lid for an easy, neutral, and polished day look. I also like to start with this color in my crease and blend it up toward my brow bone and find that any colors used after this just blend effortlessly with any look I'm going for. Soft brown is one of those veristle colors that harmonizes any look I'm trying to achieve. For me, this gets HG status and is a definite repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by dunkv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this colour! works really well with Mac's brule and corduroy , great in the crease and blended out, also a nice colour for a full lid coverage, another great shadow for girls with green and hazel eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I always stayed away from soft brown because of the orang-y tones in it, but I finally bought it this summer. It is a lovely colour, blends wonderfully, and is a great accompaniment to so many other shades. It is a must have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

For the longest time, I thought this eyeshadow was way too orange on me. However, the other day I wore it with "All that Glitters" eyeshadow on the lid and "Ricepaper" in the crease and the result was really beautiful, but understated. The eyeshadow blends very easily, as well. I would give this a five, but if it was a touch less orange and more brown, I would absolutely love it. I'm NC20.