September 21, 2014 | 1169 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous- Love That Red

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by sellofain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my favorite lipsticks. It's definitely for people who want to stand out. It really makes my whole face pop and compliments my skin and hair tones very well (I'm pale with platinum blonde hair). This lipstick is a very bright, fiery bold red and lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by rach124

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't a fan of this color at first -- my standard red is Revlon Blackberry, and I thought this was too bright. But it grew on me. With the right eyeshadow/blush/application it looks really good. I always get compliments when I wear this; I'm not usually into 'notice my lipstick' colors but as far as those go I think it's flattering and not OTT. I took one lippie off because I find these lipsticks have pretty bad lasting power, and smudge easily. But the color is great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 1:40:00 AM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been wearing lipstick for years in almost every shade from pink to red. About the only lipsticks I do not wear are nudes/browns/plums. So I'm not afraid of color by any means. I was in the market for a new red lipstick and wanted something from the Revlon Super Lustrous line since I have a few berry shades in this brand and they are my favorite in terms of comfortable wear. I love that there is no scent or flavor and this line does not make my lips peel or flake.

While Love That Red is a stunning, delicious color and one of my all time favorite nail polish colors, I'm afraid the lipstick version isn't really the HG effect I was hoping for.

Love That Red is totally a red shade. It is not bordering on berry/pink by any means, nor is it orangey-red or coral. However, it's just so BRIGHT. Worn full strength it's very bright but not in a fire engine red kind of way. While this lipstick is red, the undertone seems to be hot pink. Worn as a stain, I would have loved a subtle red that I could pair with lip balm for a sheer light red stain. But the stain this leaves on me is hot, hot pink. While I do like pink lipstick too, this stain looks almost crayonish on me -- when worn off it looks like I have applied pink highlighter marker to my lips. I have fair skin, with pink/blue tones. I will not give up on this shade though. I have blended it with other shades to experiment. I just know I was really hoping for a red I could just swipe on without much thought, like many of the other lipsticks I have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice, vibrant red. It looks like it edges more on the warmer side than the cool. It looks very pretty on the lips and brightens my face. I purchased this a long time ago when it was packaged with a coordinating lipgloss. I would buy again because it is a great cherry red.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 7:04:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am soooo not a lipstick girl. I stay away from anything overly pigmented mostly because my lips aren't in the best condition and I always end up looking like a little girl who raided her mommy's makeup bag while playing dress-up.
I never imagined wearing obvious colors, especially red lipstick. But over time as I changed my hair color and made the choice to stay my natural, pale self I've noticed that I can probably pull off red a lot better. So I went out in search of the perfect shade of red lipstick. I basically looked at all the drug store brands, collected all the true red lipsticks that they had and decided to go with this Super Lustrous Revlon in Love That Red. It looked like the only one that was more blue than orange or brown, and one that would work best with my skin tone.

I came home and immediately read the reviews. I was very pleased to see that most of them are positive. I just tried the color not long ago and am very pleased. It's a nice shade of red out of all the ones I looked at (at least the ones that were reasonably priced).
Although I plan on using this lipstick more as a stain, I tried it full on and it looks great. I never thought I could pull off red but it looks really good. I don't plan on wearing this color heavily and very frequently because I'm just not used to wearing lipstick and I prefer to wear more makeup on my eyes anyway. But this will work wonderfully as a stain, especially with some lipgloss on top. I'm glad I got it since it was reasonably priced ($5) and a great shade that goes well with my skin/hair color.

Update: I wore it recently quite a few times and my boyfriend was surprised when he saw it for the first time. He said he was "scared" of my lips because they were so bright, but admitted that he really liked. He also commented that my lips looked pefrect and the overall makeup made me look like a doll. I'm glad I bought it because I plan on wearing it much more frequently than I thought I would.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by MKitt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color itself is lovely but it's not for me I'm afraid.. I'm a light tan with yellow undertones so as much as I want this to work on me it's just not happening. But that's not the lippie's fault; hence the 5. It's an amazing product. I love Revlon's formula.
But this one is definitely made for cool toned ladies. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by HuntersMommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

FINALLY a red that looks classic and elegant on me. Granted, I'm not brave enough to wear it full on (maybe with a couple totties in me, ha) but a little swipe with some lipgloss over the top looks absolutely awesome. I agree with other reviewers that it works WONDEFULLY as a stain as well. I love the formula, though it is messy, it's nice and creamy. Perfect Red.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Jamica

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a great blue red that was right for me. I would definitly buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 10:38:00 AM More reviews by ParisFan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A true classic that should be in every womans' make up collection. A proper grown-up red that goes with everything, well, except the obvious, like an orange top or a blue overall! :) But you know what I mean. Good for job interviews and classy dinner-dates. The best red out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Bronwyn5000

Very nice red! Red lipsticks are hit or miss with me. Most times miss. I'm pink toned and for some reason blue tones don't work, neither do orange. But this...well this looks decent on me. I dont look like I snuck into mommy's makeup.
I like it. seems to be nice and neutral. And it blots really well for a nice stain. staying power is ehhhh...I have very full lips, when I wore this last I had a cigarette, only to discover later a red ring under my lip lol. so be careful with what you're doing.
Good for photo shoots, bad for a dinner date lol.