April 20, 2014 | 1510 users online

Powders - Youngblood - Mineral Rice Setting Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2006 9:33:00 PM More reviews by eden82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this instead of the foundation because i have very oily skin. It works great and looks very natural. There aren't many colors though, but I have pale skin so it's ok. I use the lightest color all over and then the medium shade as a bronzer and it looks pretty good. This product is good at keeping the t-zone oilies away.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2006 10:01:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in the light. I use it everyday to set my makeup or to turn down the shine from my sunscreen. It lasts all day on me and blends in nicely to my fair skin. Definitely a must have product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2006 12:29:00 PM More reviews by twoolivespainting

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! It does absorb oil. I use the Light shade and the slight yellow tone is great for evening out my rosacea. It works better than BE Mineral Veil for my oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2005 2:14:00 AM More reviews by ella05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice color for my PPP w/ yellow undertones complexion (Light), very soft and natural finish, but it did absolutely *nothing* for my super oily skin. I was shiny ten minutes after applying. My mom is crazy about anything with minerals in it, so I'll give it to her.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2005 10:44:00 AM More reviews by silvercome

It's a best choice to reduce my severe sebum, large-pore etc.
It' a lightweight powder that offers translucent coverage and matte finish.
Moreover, it is a talc-free!
I'm really loving it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2005 12:24:00 AM More reviews by lianne9

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I've been finding my loose minerals to be too shiny looking. I use a light sweep of this before using my mineral foundation and then another coat afterwards to set it.

I find it takes away the shine that was bothering me and does keep oil away (but I'm not super oily). It also works great on lazy days when I only use cover up.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2005 8:45:00 PM More reviews by malisa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder because, having tried everything else, I saw all these great reviews on its oil-controlling properties, but, like everything else, oil appears on my face again after three hours, even on a cold day as today. But I do like how fine and natural-looking the powder is after I put it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2005 11:00:00 AM More reviews by LoveAngelMusicBaby

This powder is a real control freak when it comes to oilyness! ;) I have this in medium - its almost transclucent and it works great over the YoungBlood foundation. No more oil in the T-zone. Doesn't totally dry out the skin or cause irritation. HG! :]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2004 11:40:00 PM More reviews by rthusia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love to wear this powder with mineral foundations, on its own, or over other makeup for setting power. I have to worry about the ingredients though as they could be a bacteria acne infested haven waiting to happen. No problems so far, but it makes me purchase the sample size and use it up fast. Aromaliegh's magnesium version seems a bit too drying (even for someone with oily skin!) and MAC blot always leaves my skin a bit irritated, BE mineral veil isn't bad, but doesn't seem to control oil as good as many others I have tried.
Love this, just wish I didn't have to worry if my powder is being infested by an invisible army continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2004 5:27:00 PM More reviews by dmhg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using mineral makeup for about 8 months now, so am still somewhat of a novice, but getting used to it. I have not tried BE's mineral veil but probably will at some point. I have to say though, that when I used YB setting powder while on a trip to southeast asia in august (Bangkok, hottest city in the world), this product was a lifesaver; I never felt greasy or sweaty, makeup lasted all day long, skin never broke out (i have combination medium-tan skin), covered red/brown spots and gave a more finished look to the basic foundation I was using (BE medium tan, which I also like, but it doesn't quite cover all of my brown spots--it does cover redness, though). As I said, I don't know if it's better than other mineral powders, but WOW! it sure worked for me. I know not everyone likes mineral powders, but add me to the crowd that will never go back to liquid foundations.