December 21, 2014 | 1074 users online

Skincare - Face - Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) - 50% Glycolic Peel

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Dynowife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have suffered with mild acne since my teens and am now 43. I have used all kinds of over the counter products as well as prescription topicals. I kept reading the positive reviews about this product and thought I would give the 30% glycolic acid a try, I figured what do I have to lose. This stuff is great! I just ordered the 50% because I feel that I can definitely move up to a higher strength after using the 30% for the past 4 months. A small bottle goes a long way and I am at the point where I do the peel like evey other day or every 3rd day. I have had very few breakouts and my pores definitely look smaller. I can't say enough positive stuff about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by bjspa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Over the past 3 months I have revamped my skin regime to include Make Up Artistís Choice 50% Glycolic Acid Home Chemical Peel once a week. I also added the ALPHA HYDROX products: Souffle 12%, Foaming Face Wash, Toner-Astringent and Sheer Silk Moisturizer w/SPF15 and (I wrote a separate review for the Alpha Hydrox range under their Souffle product).

I've had loads of positive feedback on my skin, people say it's glowing and looking squeaky clean!

I use the glycolic every Sunday and leave it on for about 6 minutes. After washing it off, my face looks a little red for a few minutes but after that it is kah-pow glowing! I don't experience peeling but after one application I had a stubborn white head on the tip of my nose (how do you get that thing out??!!) disappear. After a glycolic application it just fell out, it was like it was pushed to the surface - I LOVE THIS STUFF and will buy it again.

I started off at 2 minutes, but went to 6 pretty much straight away as I've got pretty robust skin.

On a separate note, thanks to everyone for their reviews. I can't tell you how much I appreciate them. There are so many products out there that it can get confusing and overwhelming. Reading through the MUA reviews really helps making the right buying decision easier, that's how I found the above products. Those companies can spend millions on advertising, but I'm taking your word over theirs :)

39 out of 39 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by blonderella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I started using this based on reviews I read hear and have to agree that it's a great product. The packaging is bare bones but the shipping is super fast, the customer service is great, and the product rocks. I used this for 6 weeks once a week and took a break and am back to once a week applications. This helps control my oil and cuts down on my acne. It also makes my skin amazingly soft and clear. I do notice occasional breakouts after using it the first few times as my skin purges but after it looks and feels clearer, smoother, and I notice less fine lines. It does sting a little but that is nothing a fan can't take care of. Also, make sure to apply sunscreen like they recommend as your skin will be sensitive after use. Overall, I love these peels.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by gina626

I loved this product. I agree with all of the positive comments everyone has already mentioned. I have extremely sensitive skin and whenever I change products, I break out right away. I've never tried peels before and was scared of putting chemicals on my face. But after the first peel, I could already feel my skin was smooth. Then I did my second peel yesterday, and my skin looks great. Definitely recommend to anyone who wanted tighter pores. I haven't noticed that much of a difference with getting rid of old acne scars, but will continue using...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Carrol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing - visible, touchable results in one use! I have used this twice already and what everyone is saying here is true - this 50% glycolic peel absolutely rocks! You do need to be prepared to have your skin start to clean itself out though, as I've had a couple of problem areas kick up with a few whiteheads.

I will definitely be repurchasing - how can you not? The price is phenomenally less than what I have paid for the same type of peel (30%) through a private dermatologist. This is something that you can easily continue with on a regular basis without damaging your purse strings.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 6:17:00 AM More reviews by cem

I love this! I wasn't able to use this because of my picking (i know..) but since I(ve been using jojoba&vit e oil my skin is pretty clear, so yesterday I first used this peel. I left it on for 2 1/2 minutes and the first 30 seconds it did feel a bit stingy. My skin was pretty pink afterwards, so again I used jojoba&vitamin e oil so my skin didn't feel dry or tight. This morning I was gloooowing, love this stuff! I'll keep on using this for sure!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok so far so good! First of all, like previous reviewers have said, their shipping is so fast! You blink and it's at your front doorsteps. I ordered it on a Monday in the afternoon and it arrived on Wednesday with just regular shipping! Love that since I was so anxious to try it. Anyways, the first time I tried this, I was really scared because of the high percentage so I only did 1 minute as suggested. I felt some stinging in the areas with acne but other blemish-free areas had no stinging, maybe a slight warming sensation after 30 seconds but that's it. I washed it off after 1 minute to be on the safe side and I was a little disappointed to notice no difference. The next time, I decided to try it for a minute and a half. This time the blemishes really starting popping up. The 3rd time, blemishes were full force. It was a little embarrassing dealing with all the acne popping up, I started getting it in areas that were fine previously. Thank god it started fading pretty quickly and the 4th time really made my skin glow! The 4th time, I decided to just go for 2 1/2 minutes and that really worked for me. I haven't noticed anything with the acne marks but I'm hoping it'll lighten soon with continued use. This stuff is basically shedding the top layer of skin so acne underneath will start popping up so be prepared! It's worth it though so far. My face has started clearing up already. Last night I applied aloe vera gel afterwards and breakouts are 80% better. I had these small breakouts near my hairline that is so stubborn and does not disappear and this peel made almost all disappear. I will update later with hopefully even better results. I really hope this continues to work for me because nothing else works.
UPDATE:I've been using this for more than a month with continued great results! I think this will be a part of my weekly routine from now on. I also incorporated rosehip oil into my routine. I've been applying it every morning and night and it's been great at soothing and healing my skin, especially after a peel. It soothes and heals any irriration I have from the peel and enhances the effect. The brand I've been using is evanhealy's rosehip oil(blue version) which is a bit pricey but worth it.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 1:44:00 AM More reviews by jjjjsigismund

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has literally taken 10 years off my face. My skin is so much smoother, pores are smaller and is overall smoother and softer. Like the other ladies said, it can burn a bit so you really need to know what you are doing. I would not recommend starting with this product if you have never used a peel before on your skin, especially if you have sensitive skin. However, if you are somewhat experienced, you will find that this is a quality peel and the price is also reasonable.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Jaee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to thank everyone here who took the time to give reviews. Because of you I purchased this glycolic peel and also the 15% glycolic serum.

I started with the 15% and was very impressed. BUT the 50% peel has been incredible. It's so rare to find products that actually make dramatic improvement. My pores are tighter, no clogged pores, clean, clear skin. I've been using this for 4 weeks and almost feel like I don't need to wear foundation. I've never left the house without it ever but I'm getting close!

It does sting, the last peel I moistened my skin with water first and that really helped. I put it on full strength on my neck, chin and nose.

This is one great product, can't wait to see the continued improvement. WISH I had discovered this 20 years ago!

UPDATE: I still love this product but found that once a week is too much and after a few weeks my skin started to look irritated. So I've cut it down to once a month or every few weeks. I have to say - whew - this stuff stings! I can only leave it on a few minutes - but the results are worth. Less is more IMO!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 1:49:00 AM More reviews by dmr1324

ok well I do like this it does show results right away but Iv only been using for about three weeks peels only a little love that you can order sample sizes but I need faster result so I probley going to try the deep peel kit and I let you know how it go's