Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt Styling Glaze

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua); Polyquaternium-11; Bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone/Hedychium Coronarium (White Ginger)/PEG-12 Dimethicone; Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract; Panthenol; Bisamino PEG/PPG-41/3 Aminoethyl PG-Propyl Dimethicone/Algae/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf/Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile)/Henna/Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba)/Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary)/PEG-12 Dimethicone; Wheatgermamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate; Cocamidopropyl Betaine; Propylene Glycol; Polysorbate 20; Hydroxyethylcellulose; DMDM Hydantoin; Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate; Fragrance (Parfum); Benzyl Salicylate

on 6/28/2008 9:39:00 AM

This is a throw back from my teenage years, I used to use it all the time when i had a 'spiral perm', YIKES. Anyways, lately I've been having a hard time finding something to keep my summer hair (frizzy) under control. This worked great back then, so I tried it again, it still works pretty good. It leaves my wavy, big hair in light control with just a little frizz, I think I liked this so much back in the day b/c I used a TON!

on 2/23/2008 10:43:00 PM

This is a very lightweight hairgel. It is the consistency of Biosilk's famous Silk Therapy, a little thinner than olive-oil consistency. I put a quarter sized amount in my hair and scrunch it from the bottom when it is damp or even dry sometimes, and it works really well. When my hair is dry, to keep it from frizzing I put in Biosilk afterwards, just a pea sized amount, or sometimes I mix them together in my hand.

It seperates, leaves hair soft and not stiff, and makes my hair look peacy which is really nice. Oh and at my salon it was only $7.50 for a pretty big bottle, a bottle a little smaller than shampoo. I've bought Herbal Essence products that cost more for the amount ;)

Oh but I feel it should have like a nozzle or a pump or something, because product always drips down the side of the pour spout a bit.

on 2/7/2008 1:09:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product and wanted it to work for me, but it didn't. It left my naturally curly hair very dry and and left my curls hard feeling. Also, it seemed to make my hair a bit stringy also instead of curly. I guess it seems to work for most people, it just didn't work for me.

on 11/12/2007 3:43:00 PM

This product frustrates me. I should love it...everyone who has curls/waves seems to love this. And it is really cheap, especially for a salon brand. So why, oh why can't I seem to make this really do anything great for me. I am on my third or fourth bottle...I keep tossing one out and buying a new one a year or so later to "try it again". It just seems to make my fine wavy/curly hair kind of dry feeling, skinny curled and eeh. Some days it seems like "wow...maybe it will work", then two days later..."nope!". I did check yes for "would you buy this again" because I haven't learned yet! So I am sure that in another year or two, I will buy it agian and try it again.

on 6/13/2007 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

A nice smelled hair gel. Holds light and well. I am doubting whether this one makes my hair dry. Will not purchase again and will try a holding cream next time.

on 4/19/2007 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has been sitting around my house from a family member that moved out, and I was literally about to throw it out, because I assumed it was gel and there is no way I would want to use gel again after all of my poor experiences with it on my fine, color treated, blonde, bra strap length hair. (my hair is not curly, not wavy, not straight- if anyone knows what I mean!) I saw the reviews on here of what it really is and decided to give it a try. Let me just say that I have come to the point where I have just about given up on all "volumizing" hair products. I have tried many things and they all leave my hair feeling dirty, dry and stiff. So, after washing my hair, I applied a small pea sized amount of bed head after party as usual, then took a dime sized amount of this and smoothed then combed through my hair. I was actually in a hurry, didnt even get a chance to blow dry my hair, and let it air dry. Later my hair had more volume than usual, and I didnt even do any scrunching! I later decided to use my curling iron and flipped hair under/out and was amazed. My hair actually looks bigger and the curls held great! No crunch, or dirty feel. A little dry, but not bad- very happy! Sorry, but I think packaging could be a little better, so minus one lippie.

on 2/20/2007 4:34:00 PM

This does dry quick and has good hold...still soft. Smells like fresh apples...doesn't linger...toobad :(

This may not be for those with super dry hair or for the winter time. continued >>

on 2/10/2007 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I used this for a long time but stopped when I realized it flakes if you touch it. Grrr....

on 1/21/2007 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a really versatile product. I have naturally curly, baby fine, chemically treated hair. I love to use Super Sculpt when I wear my hair curly and I love to use it when I blow dry my hair straight. Gives great polish and style. I would repurchase.

on 1/11/2007 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I sooooo wanted this to work for me from the reviews I saw here on MUA :-(. Tried it twice and it just made my hair feel dry and fried. I think I will stick to my Pantene Ice Shine Mousse.
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE! 06/13/07 OMG! please read this. Turns out that I purchased a counterfeit bottle of Paul Mitchell Styling Glaze at a discount store. I received a generous sample from my stylist and I got completely different results. I used this over my HG superskinny serum and Voila! perfect waves and curls and best of all tangle free. Please buy from authorized retail stores and salons to ensure you are getting what you pay for.

Popular Styling Products