November 23, 2014 | 1241 users online

Loose Powders - Kesalan Patharan - Sheer micro powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2004 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Atypical

My Holy Grail loose powder. Nothing has come close. It's super fine & soft yet gives pretty good coverage. I rarely touch up & I think I have KP to thank. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2004 9:29:00 AM More reviews by tabithaw

extremely sheer loose powder that surprisingly provides coverage and reduces shine. i was oil-free till late evening and i no longer could see the open pores on my skin! (my mum hates it when i use mu. i had this on when she commented that i had such fabulous skin that i really shouldnt waste money on mu!)

i dont really like the container it comes in. too many compartments but it does keep the powders separate from the sponge which reduces the mess. unfortunately one is stuck with the sponge provided. the refill comes in a aluminion pack with no sponge!

no sitting on the fence here. will most defintely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2004 12:50:00 PM More reviews by kopo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a loose powder girl & use it to set my make up in humid Asia. KP & Chantecaille are my faourite so far. Both are light in weight & finely milled for my combination skin. For dry skin: Becca. Combination skin: KP - more oil absorbent & the most finely milled l/p. Chantecaille - cover my flaky skin on nose perfectly. Oily skin: T'LeClerc - texture is not smooth but it absorbs oil well & a bit dry for my combo skin.

Edit: Try GA in a make over, I like the powder with very subtle shimmer that makes your face slightly glowy not oily. For texture, it's very light & not cakey. But I don't feel GA as smooth as my KP l/p. Go for KP if you need a smooth & oil controlled l/p.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2004 7:29:00 AM More reviews by yellowbeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this loose powder rocks big time! it's the 2nd lp i've bought, 1st one was loreal's translucide. kp's is very very finely milled, it's not over-matte and very natural. it looks like it's gonna last forever, the color is #20, and it's perfect for asian fair-medium

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2004 4:05:00 AM More reviews by hosy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best loose powder I have used so far! When used with the KP powder puff, it gives a velvety, smooth, matt finish. The amazing thing is it can last me the whole day, and my skin still look fantastic at the end of a day (granted that I have dry skin and do not sweat a lot). This is defnitely superior to the MAC, Presecriptive and Laura Mercier loose poweders as it is more finely milled. One disadvantage is the limited range of colors though.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2004 12:16:00 AM More reviews by isaseto

It give me a medium coverage , but look very sheer, won't make you look cakey. And it will give you a "transparent feel".
The only thing need be aware is, you must put enough moisture lotion before you use this foundation if you have dry skin.
At the first time I use the powder, it almost make me throw it away, but i give a second try, I wet the sponge and I put enought lotion to moisture my skin before I use this powder again. And the result is "WOW" =)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2004 1:55:00 AM More reviews by chibi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is great!
finely milled powder...provides just the right coverage...smooth n good skin instantly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2004 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Pronuptia

Wonderfully fine powder, so light on your skin you barely know it's there. I thought the #10 looked rather light for my NC25 skin, but it was so sheer it didn't matter. Not a lot of oil control though. Love the soft puff, although the package design is neither beautiful nor functional -- the sieve seems to have nowhere to go and the plastic bowl looks cheap. Might as well save the SGD$15 and just buy the refill to use with your own powder brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2004 5:01:00 AM More reviews by gelc

its too dry for me. awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2004 2:43:00 AM More reviews by pandazoo

One of the finest powder out there. I overheard that this powder is so well-milled that it is almost 1/7th of the size of average loose powder...viva nano-tech!
when i touched my face after applying this KP sheer micro powder for the first time, i felt like touching the highest quality velvet clothe. so smoothe that it didn't seem like my own face!!
i like to apply this with large powder brush, or with my favorite Shiseido powder puff (a great quality powder puff comes with the powder case, but i use 2 puffs anyways)AND brush it off to get a shimmery, glowing look than leave it as a matte finish.
I regret to say that they don't have as much color variation as most brands do...but i believe this product could totally enter global market if they wish to and if they are willing to diversify its color variation.
I'm so happy that I found this product!!!