November 22, 2014 | 1967 users online

Masks - Skinceuticals - SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by py07

I have combination skin and I am usually susceptible to cyst-like blemishes and whiteheads.

Am using this mask to clarify my skin to prevent blemishes and it's been working great! My skin feels clear after every application, although it doesn't target whiteheads in my case.

The formula is effective but doesn't feel overly strong for a clarifying product. That being said, I do experience tightening of the skin in the cheek region on initial application. And this usually last for about 30 seconds. However, it doesn't result in dryness in my skin (Ie. no flaking or dry patches).

Love this mask! I'm going on my second jar now. The downside to the product is the price like everyone else highlighted. It's about 40 pounds per jar in the UK and it lasts for about 6 months on a weekly application. I usually apply a thin layer of product and it still works really well.

I used to use Origins out of trouble mask, which is half the price but the results are less consistent as compared to Skinceuticals.

Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it so much I'm on my second jar. You can feel you skin tingling as it does it's magic. The only con is the cost of this product. I'm probably going to try Queen Helen Clay Mask. I'm thinking that could be a cheaper alternative. Well, another con is that you have to stick your fingers in the jar to get the product. I really don't like when products are packaged in that manner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 1:16:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

I may buy this again if I can afford it but it really is horrendously expensive. I usually like to put a mask on quite thick, but I spread this one out as thinly as I think I can get away with to make it last! It does tell you to apply thinly in any event.
It's in a chunky glass jar and you get quite a bit for your money. On balance I think I prefer a jar to a tube because it's easier to see how much you've got left, although I'm hoping it doesn't mean it will dry out quickly. No sign of that so far and I've had it a couplf of months. I have been using it once a week.
As to the effects of the mask itself it's really rather good, although not a miracle (which I had hoped for!) It helps unclog the pores and does get rid of those little dry bits initially - which it claims it is intended for. But they seem to return within a few days however.
On first application the skin glows a bit but I haven't had any irritation. Some clay masks can be a bit harsh on the skin but this one is very mild.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to tell that I am totally mad with masks. I donít know how much I try but a lot.
This mask is totally amazing one of the best I ever use. Every time I use it my skin looks great after that, much softer and glowing, the clog pores and impurities look much less or even gone on the next day. Also this mask never dry my skin like many other clay do and is very easy to wash off. Is really effective I will definitely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2008 1:36:00 PM More reviews by reyiru

I'm very on the fence on this one. On one hand, after use, my skin glows and looks more clear and even, etc. The effect however, does not last for more than 3 days. It is not overly drying as some clay masks can be. But I keep getting more breakouts. I've used this about 4/5 times over the past 3 weeks and I get breakouts 2/3 days after use. I don't know if it's purging, but I think it would be best if I didn't try this again. My skin might just not like glycolic acid.

will be returning this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 1:09:00 AM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using this mask for about 3 months when my skin care person (I forget what they are called) recommended it. I use the cleanser for oily skin and toner also and love them. I also use a serum by PCA skin and my acne scars are almost gone. I also get a new kind of facials (hydro I think) that is like a facial and microdermabrasion in one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferroyea

I like this mask - it seems to really do a good job on my skin. But in the end, it is just a clay mask, without any particularly special ingredients, so I think you could get something similar for way less.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by mjolk

LOVE THIS PRODUCT!
This mask cleans my skin thoroughly, drawing out impurities while most importantly not stripping my skin. It does tingle when you first apply it, but after a few weeks use your skin does get used to it. My skin is soft and smooth to touch after i have removed it. Most importantly, it does not leave my skin looking irritated, even though it contains hydroxy acids. I have started retin-a, therefore I am avoiding using the mask at the moment, but can't wait to start again. Highly reccommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 7:45:00 AM More reviews by rbyars1

Love! I have not used many "masks" in my life, but this one is very nice. Goes on smooth and doesn't dry like a desert on your face. I also love how my skin feels after rinsing it off and *bonus*...it cleared the blackheads on my nose!! Skin looks glowy and bright the next morning..Highly recommend this one ladies! Also try their 0.5 retinol night cream, it's great! ***Update 6-16-08*** I have since discoverd pure Calcium Bentonite Powder (i.e. Indian healing clay) This stuff is awesome and pulls out impurities like nobodies business! I got a big bag of the powder on Ebay for super cheap and just mixed with a little water to make my own mask. Sorry skincueticals, you have been bumped out for a cheaper-BETTER alternative.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2008 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Mollyness

I absolutely love this product! I also use the SkinCeuticals Clarifying Cleanser which I also love. I have used this masque several times and each times my pimples disappear by the next day. In fact, the other night I slept with it on and my nodule disappeared completely the next day and a papule I had strunk dramatically in size. I will most definitely keep using this product once to twice a week