November 1, 2014 | 886 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Straight

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for over 3 years now, and it does wonders for my over-processed wavy hair! I live in FL, so I needed something to hold up in the humidity. Works! I rarely flat iron cause this does such a wonderful job leaving my hair straight and shiny. Of course, I do use a dab of Moroccan Oil first in my damp hair. So that contributes. But, all in all, my hair was a mess before I found B&B! It is pricey, but a little goes a long way! I will repurchase ;o) Here is a pic with both mentioned products in my hair and no flat iron. Sorry, it is a web cam shot, so the quality is not 100%.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by cherrystarr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually use this along side my DeFrizz and do notice a big difference in the softness of my hair when I pair the two as opposed to using only one. It has helped get my hair straighter while I blow dry; still get some frizz that needs to be tamed with Chi though. Also you have to be careful about how much you use as it's a very thick and sticky consistency.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2008 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Courtloux128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this stuff! It doesn't take much to get great results. I have had the same tube for 6 months now and still have 1/3 of the product left even though I use it about 5 times a week. It straightens and eliminates frizz beautifully and doesn't add a lot of weight to hair. I'm addicted!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by tkalex

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently went through one of my hundred-dollar extravaganzas in which I try to find my new dream hair product. For some background, I have very short hair that I like to wear piecy. But...I really don't have time to blow dry it in the morning (well, I do have time, but I just don't make the time), so I prefer a product that works on damp hair. Straight is that product for me. It is not stiff or sticky, but it gives my hair just enough separation and shine that I can just put it into place with my fingers and leave the house. I find if I work my hair with my hands later in the day, the piecy effect is diminished, which kind of speaks to the light nature of this product. I agree with those who say that the squeeze bottle is a pain. There's always a pea sized glob that comes out after you screw the top shut, and I find that I leave little product smears all over the bottle. But after spending lots of money on various B&B/Redken/drugstore products, I think I've found my next best thing!

NOTE TO DRUGSTORE PRODUCT MANUFACTURERS: I would have kept on using many of your products, except the fragrance was just too much for me! The Fructis line is guilty of this in particular. I love their curl creme, but I cannot stand the fruity fragrance. You don't have to glam it up with fragrance in order for us to buy it! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 10:08:00 AM More reviews by lilamyg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I do like this product but the reason I only gave it 3lippies is because there are SO MANY better straightening products out there now that aren't SO expensive. I find that B&B products for me are either hit or miss. I have super CURLY hair that I straighten 2-3 times a week. It is overprocessed and damaged(until recently because of B&B Creme de Coco Masque!. This product helps with the straightening like it says but I found the consistency to be WAY to sticky, which makes it hard to get an even application. Overall I would probably get a different product that's cheaper for straightening.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 12:42:00 AM More reviews by shelby101

I love this!! I have wavy, thick, frizzy hair. If I let it air dry, it just looks awful even though I take good care of it. I always need some kind of serum in my hair to fake that smooth hair texture I wasn't born with. This is the ONLY serum or styling product I have used that makes my hair shiny both when air dried AND after blow drying or flat ironing. I am totally floored. I never used to be able to let my hair air dry without looking horrible! I used to love Pureology's Super Straight Relaxing Serum, but this Straight stuff makes my hair shinier than that. I still love using the Pureology Super Straight shampoo though and the Hydrate conditioner, but this serum is awesome. Wow. I'm not sure if it helps straighten anymore than anything else iIve tried, but as far as a serum goes it is great! I bought the little one to try it out, now I'm going to go buy the bigger tube. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

I was very disappointed with this product. I find that B&B's styling cream is much better and the Straightening Gel if I am trying to blow dry my wavy hair to a straighter style. Moreover, I prefer John Frieda's smoothing milk over the B&B products. If I use a flat iron, then everything works well for me because the iron does all the work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 10:15:00 PM More reviews by beantowngrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I Love this product! I have very fine hair but a lot of it that is wavy and is cut in layers till the middle of my back. I used to use have stick straight hair before my pregnancies and I miss it a lot. Its also gotten frizzy. I tried a lot of products, some would tame the frizz but do nothing to hold a style or some would make my hair stiff and dry. others would just disappear and by afternoon ad my hair would look like a mess by 3pm like I did not even comb it. This is awesome. I usually apply it to my hair when its damp after a shower and let my hair air dry. this tames the frizz and makes the waves look decent enough that I can go out if I wanted to without doing anything to it if I don't have time.But I usually straighten it and my hair stays straight till the next wash. You need very little so the tube will last a long time. I don't mind the cap so much, I generally will just run off the little bit that comes out when I close the cap and run it through my hair. This will definitely be one of my top styling products for a lot time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by krsn89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS STUFF. It is the ONLY straightening product that seems to work on my hair. For reference, my hair is thick, coarse and incredibly wavy (not nice waves either) w/ lots of frizz. I have tried everything to tame it, and B&b is honestly my savior. I hate blowdrying but this stuff makes it a breeze and I don't even have to use that much! I put a little dab in my palms, rub my palms together & smooth it through my hair, comb it through, blowdry & voila! I also have to mention I CANNOT use a round brush to save my life (I use a paddle brush instead) and I have a really crappy Conair blowdryer (no ionic anything, & only 1600 watts!) and my hair is STILL awesome after using this stuff. I don't really use it near my roots because (a) my roots are pretty straight (b) I find that I have to wash my hair more frequently if I do because it gets dirty/greasy quick up near the root area. It's kind of expensive but well worth it considering you don't have to use a lot and the tube is pretty large (I have the 5 fl oz/150 ml tube). Although it does a decent job of taking out frizz on its own, I have basically a halo of frizz around my head at all times so I also apply John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum (teeny, tiny bit) after I apply Straight to my damp hair and the frizz is GONE. I HIGHLY recommend this product if you have hair like me. Would def. buy again & again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2008 2:05:00 AM More reviews by carlyann23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great stuff! I only have wavy hair, probably a 2A or 2B...so I'm not trying to straighten any tight ringlets here. I use a pea-size amount because a little bit more always comes out when you twist the cap closed. I rub my palms together and apply it through my shoulder-length hair, avoiding my roots, which are pretty straight anyway. Blowdry with a round brush and there we have it! Soft, shiny, straight hair. I cringed at the price, but I've already had it for over a year. I use such a small amount that it will take forever to use it up.