August 27, 2014 | 1796 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Brow-Zing in Dark

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by ZinaSuha

I bought this almost a year ago and have been using since. At first, I loved it even though my eyebrows are naturally very dark and thick so I never really needed this product, however it gave the polished and neat eyebrow look that is in at the moment. Loved it until now, almost a year later I have found a shocking discovery. My left eyebrow has been shedding and now looks very sparse, and it looks funny because my right brow is thick and dark and now makes my face look uneven. I was speaking to a lady at my local Benefit beauty bar and she told me that a few customers had experienced the same, and they all said it was just to one eyebrow. I am pretty sure that is is down to this palette, maybe the wax part of the duo? Very unhappy and now having to try all sorts to restore my left brow to normal! I would stick to a pencil or if like me you were blessed with thick dark eyebrows just leave them alone!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by HappyHooker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

With brow products I've learned that the shade is everything and unless you have auburn hair and brows, this shade is not for you. I think this may work if you have reddish hair and nice brows that only need to be thickened, don't need to fill in sparse areas anywhere but that's about it. I need to fill in areas that have been over-tweezed so I need a shade that will actually mimic my natural brow color, for that I'll stick to my Anastasia brow powder over NYX wax pencil which looks more natural. This product is great in theory but the shade is way off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by spackle_n_smear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've only tried brow pencils before this, and let me say that every one I tried basically made my brows look like Joan Crawford's eyebrows. I've tried different shades and they still didn't look right.

This shade in Dark works really well on me, at least when the pomade part is concerned, and since I just got this, I'm experimenting on using it. So far, it does the perfect job of shading my brows without the solid "marker line" look. As far as grooming my brows, it is not thick enough make it stay up, but I don't really care if it already does a great job at shading my brows.

As for the liking the powder portion, not so much. First, it's too brown to look natural on my black brows, and it's too much on top of the pomade. That's why I took off a lippie, and let's not forget how crazy expensive this is!!

Oh well, perhaps powder might be a great contouring shadow on my lids. I'll experiment on that later.

I put 'yes' on purchasing the product again, but really I'm on the fence because it still is expensive to warrant a beautiful set of brows.

**EDIT:** Oh no, yep, the powder is just too much. The powder settles and becomes darker. I look like I have a huge moustache for brows. One or the other, never both, folks!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by hberlin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It took me a few tries to actually use this product correctly. You need to use an extremely light hand for the powder. I have very dark brown hair and did find the dark brown to be a little too dark. Using the wax is really enough on it's own. The powder could be used on occasion, it was just too dramatic for me. This stuff last all day long and your brows look amazing. Your whole face looks super polished without looking too made-up. You can use it to fix a bad eyebrow wax or to carry your over until your next. It is expensive, so make sure you test out the color and decide if it's for you before you buy it. I'm on the search for a dupe of this one...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by repercussionist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have dark brown hair, and this product is noticeably browner, lighter, than the hair on my head. I know they say you're supposed to go lighter with your eyebrow color when you have dark hair and darker when you have light hair, but it looks a little ridiculous. Problematically, this is the darkest they've got.

My only other complaint is that the application seems to take awhile, so I tend to use this only if I have extra time to spend on my face, which is rare as the mother of two little ones. For this reason, I find myself reaching for my Lancome pencil more often than my Brow-Zing. I can bang out the eyebrows much faster with the pencil.

The finish looks superb though, particularly if you have over-tweezed your eyebrows, as I have. Unfortunately, the color mismatch with my hair is probably what will keep my from repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I like this, but it's not something that I'd personally buy again.

Brow Zings comes in an adorable little compact with a mirror (LOVE this feature), a creamy brow wax, an opaque brow powder, mini tweezers, a mini angled brow brush, and a mini "blending" brush. The little tools look adorable in the compact, but they are essentially useless. Why do I need a blending brush for my freakin eyebrows? The angled brow brush is way too short and hard to use. The tweezers are good if you're out and happen to notice a stray hair, but I wouldn't use them to shape my overall brows.

'Dark' has a deep, ash brown brow powder, and a dark brown wax. In my opinion, using both together is overkill, so I usually use one or the other. The wax is nice for a natural tinge of color and shaping your brows, and the powder is nice for filling sparse areas. Using both together usually results in a very harsh look. If you really must use both, use a VERY light hand.

What I love about this product is that the powder and wax are ideal colors for dark haired girls. They are free of the red tinge that I DESPISE in brow products.

I do like this, but it doesn't give me results that I haven't gotten from any other brow product...And I don't think powder AND wax is necessary at all. I'm tempted to give this a 3/5, but I'll be generous and go with a 4 since it IS so cute and since the powder and wax work nicely when applied properly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by rgrs813

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I will never use anything else on my brows. This is never red (unlike anything else in the drugstore....avoid like the plague) and has everything you need for expert application. I use a Sephora angled brow brush instead but even the tweezers are really good. Another amazing Benefit product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by xoxomichimichi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Benefits Brow Zings in Dark is perfect for a simple fill or for individuals who have limited eyebrow hair quantities. The packaging in square, comes with a built-in mirror, miniature tweezers and brush applicators, and has a dark wax and shadow. Although, the tweezers and little brush is just cute and compact and does not serve it's real purpose well. I only use those miniature tweezers and brushes when I absolutely need to; otherwise, I'd recommend using the MAC angled brush for precise application starting with the wax first then applying the shadow to fill in slightly. Your eyebrows shouldn't be too dark. Heavy application makes it appear too harsh. I can even use the wax or shadow by itself and it would last me throughout the day. I cannot leave my house without eyebrows. I put on Brow Zings to the gym and it lasts throughout an intensive workout. Overall, this product is a must-have in all makeup bags.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by laiwah28

I used to use dark brown eyeshadow and pencil on my brows, but could never find the right colour for my black eyebrows because I'm chinese, the brown looked odd and the black was too black! It gives a great finish without looking too "fake", but it can be built for a heavier look when your wearing heavier eye make-up. This product is defiantly an investment. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 was because of the price, however I've had mine a month using it nearly everyday and I doubt I'll have to replace it within 3months. P.s don't get too excited for the tweezers I think they're rubbish

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by babyax3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this! As of right now, this is my HG for my eyebrows. The wax side is my favorite because it helps my brows in place and gives it perfect definition. I use the brow powder side for when I want my brows to look a bit softer. If you choose to use both sides together, be sure to use a really light hand because since it so so dark, your eyebrows can get too unnatural looking quickly. Overall though, the dark suits ,y really well and even if I try new brow stuff, I always come back to this one.

As for the wear time and longevity, I find that both tithe powder and wax side last all day on me, and I don't prime my brows or anything, plus I have oily skin. I like that I don't have to worry about it fading throughout the day and that it always looks freshly applied. Another thing that I like is that you don't have to worry about sharpening or anything like that, and it's very user friendly.

The only con for me would be that it is pricey at $32. However, I have had my tin for a little over a year now and I still have a ton of product. It lasts forever since you only need a little for your brows. I highly recommend this product, it's one of the best brow powders out there!