November 22, 2014 | 1866 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Espresso

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by frckls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am around NC30-NC35 and I use this color for contouring and it's just perfect used light-handed. Too much and it's mud-face. But lightly, it gives my face the perfect dimension and sculpted without looking too made up. It also lasts all day long. I use this to contour the hollows of the cheek, jawline, temples, creases, and sides of the nose.

My biggest gripe about this product is that the surface easily frosts/hardens. The girls at the MAC contour explained to me that it always happens when it has contacts with oil, as it usually gets stuck on the brush. I clean my brushes once a week and it turns out to be not enough. I hate having to keep scraping off the surface.

Another thing is that I find the packaging can be thinner, although I like the lid as it snaps shut tight. But MAC's packaging is always like that and it's sleek and nice enough.

I will buy again if I can't find a dupe that doesn't harden/frost as the color is just perfect.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Lasgalen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I use this eyeshadow everytime I do my makeup, it is a staple in my routine. I use this to fill in my brows, I have medium to dark brown hair. It is the perfect colour, as it is a cool-toned brown and does not pull red. I also use this as an eyeliner and lightly as a crease colour sometimes. Love the name, colour and the packaging! The price tag not so much, but it does last a very long time even with near daily use. I will repurchase again and again. The Mac website describes it as a "muted golden brown". And it is exactly that. It is a matte, blends beautifully and wears well through out the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by dunkv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What a great all rounder! perfect for lining, perfect eyebrow filler, perfect for the outer corner. Very versatile . One of my Mac Fav's *****

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've only used this on the bottom lash line and as a liner on upper lid. I'm fair skinned with blonde hair and brown eyes, so something this dark as e/s would look harsh on me. Love it and need to buy another one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Lotus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I use this as an eyebrow filler. The color is comparable to the recently discontinued Maybelline dark brown pencil. Espresso is lighter than MAC's Spike color pencil and gives a softer brown look, yet deep enough for my NC45 complexion where it doesn't look ashy or muddy on my brows. I also use it as a natural subtle looking eyeliner on my upper lid using a wet angled brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I love this color. It is a staple in my daily makeup routine. This is a perfect crease color.

I have bought this again and again. It is just a nice soft brown and if you are a fan of MAC and/or neutrals I would check this out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by KitKatKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

It looks so dull in the pan but I find it so versatile! Espresso is my go-to brow filler. I have very dark hair, almost black, and Espresso is just the perfect colour to fill my brows in with. It's not red toned or ashy. Works well as a crease colour and surprisingly blendable despite being matte. You could also use this for some light contouring along the nose bridge.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by HaseenaWazir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a dark matte brown that I think is a very good staple and would work with most skin colours. Its good for using in the crease and for filling in eyebrows as others have said and also for contouring. I wouldn't use it on VERY dark skin however as it tends to look a bit ashy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this shadow since I was 16, to fill in my brows. I now use a combo of Espresso and Cork, but this will always be a staple in my collection. Always.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by mya2403

My 2nd fave Mac shadow after All that glitters, Easy to blend & lasts all day with little/no fading.
Very versatile colour I use it to soften a smoky eye, To blend out colours, Use it in the crease and my favourite use is as a brow filler. I love it so much I have 3 one here, One in London and one at work :).